Things that aren't in the manual that you found out by accident

Pendolino

Pressing [Shift] + [ _ ] turns off the cruise control.

This opens up a new way of driving it with the keyboard, without having to zoom in on the cruise control screen or squint.

1) Join the cab. Reach the speed you want to using the throttle (or the brake).

2) Press [+] to set the speed.

3) Turn the brakes off and the throttle to max if it's not already there.

4) When you want to change the speed, either
a) SLOW: Set the throttle to 0 and use the brakes to reach the desired speed,
then press [=] and [Shift] [+] to set the throttle back to maximum.
b} FAST: Press [Shift} + [ _ ] to turn off cruise control.
let the train speed up to the desired speed.
Press [ = ] to set the desired speed. 

For those that do macros, I use the following to set and unset cruise control (with the default keys)
SET: 
[NumPad_6] to release the brakes
[=] to set cruise control to the current speed.
[Shift] + {NumPad_+] to set the throttle to maximum 
UNSET:
[Shift] + [NumPad_-] to release the throttle
[Shift] + [ _ ] to release the cruise control. 

Edited by Sean the Sheep
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

On 8/17/2023 at 7:01 PM, Gazz292 said:

they alter their walking path and walk away. 

I'm a bit of a git on those stopping Elf trains as rather than wait for them to board, I press doors close and off I go!

(Perhaps some passengers with simulated Polish swearing and waving of fists is in order 🤣)

• I agree 2

Yep. I was 15 mins late, the train was announced numerous times, you saw the train approaching at least a min prior, you had time to get ready to board the train (and not walk from the end of it to the front to board). So if you still didn't, well you are coming with the next train cause i'm off like a rocket 😁

Also not a feature but a little detail
When you release brakes, you can hear the auxiliary tanks filling on the cars

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Sean the Sheep:

When dispatching at Sosnowiec Poludniowy, if you refuse to accept a train from Dandowka twice, Dandowka should let you send a train.

I recently tried that and it seems like it is not working all the time. Sometimes it tells you that your train would cause a blockade, which is BS because the other train just departed at Juliusz at that Time.

Edited by rhubert90

I don't know if this works always

but i saw some people somwehere on the forum complain about the dazzling Sun, having to use some mods to get the brightness / gamma? down

I don't know if this always works

but yesterday I got on an evening Pendolino going West (!) from Warszawa Wschodnia

and it was sooo bright with the sun above horizon

and then, I tried to use the built in blind/shutter on the front windscreen

it did not completely cut it out but it kinda became acceptable

Edited by stary_ortalion
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

Zawiercie: when Lazy La is asking to send ROJ/RPJ or MPE via track 4 and you want it not to do, just ignore the request until your track 2 coming from Lazy La is clear again, Lazy La will automatically cancel the request and send the train via track 2.

This I have not found by myself, somebody from the next signal box over hinted me (I don't remember who)

In Opoczno Poludnie, there is a train-length of track between the end-of-platform sign and the semaphore in the south direction. I have (and, I wasn't the first to try that) succeeded letting 2 EIC that have a ph stop at that station, let them in to the platform one after the other (using a substitute signal to enter the platform track) without letting the first one OUT of the station, and they both succeeded to have a ph stop. As a bonus, an EIP Pendolino that did not need to ph stop, managed to pass them both on the main line. As a completely someohow bizarre coincidence, this has actually been in agreement with the order of trains on the EDR too. Not sure if this works with bots. But it looks like it worked with people in the locos.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:45 PM, stary_ortalion said:

This I have not found by myself, somebody from the next signal box over hinted me (I don't remember who)

In Opoczno Poludnie, there is a train-length of track between the end-of-platform sign and the semaphore in the south direction. I have (and, I wasn't the first to try that) succeeded letting 2 EIC that have a ph stop at that station, let them in to the platform one after the other (using a substitute signal to enter the platform track) without letting the first one OUT of the station, and they both succeeded to have a ph stop. As a bonus, an EIP Pendolino that did not need to ph stop, managed to pass them both on the main line. As a completely someohow bizarre coincidence, this has actually been in agreement with the order of trains on the EDR too. Not sure if this works with bots. But it looks like it worked with people in the locos.

I have been known to do this at a couple of locations, however I adopt the UK way of doing it whereby I let the second train come to a stand first (and let it/them see the other train) before clearing the exit signal for the first train. (Reference material, Stafford Crash 1990 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Stafford_rail_crash

Not sure if the rules are the same in Poland for permissive working, but it's common sense really, especially at night. 

13 hours ago, DazT said:

I have been known to do this at a couple of locations, however I adopt the UK way of doing it whereby I let the second train come to a stand first (and let it/them see the other train) before clearing the exit signal for the first train. (Reference material, Stafford Crash 1990 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Stafford_rail_crash

Not sure if the rules are the same in Poland for permissive working, but it's common sense really, especially at night. 

I see,

but in this (Opoczno Poludnie) situatiion this is (as far as the released station layout goes) kinda unusual - most other stations that have platforms, can only hold 1 train at it, and one would not fit another one on the same length of track between semaphores. At least I have not seen one in SR so far. Or maybe, maybe? one would fit like that in Sosnowiec Pd too. Must try some day 😉

On 11/15/2023 at 4:55 PM, stary_ortalion said:

I see,

but in this (Opoczno Poludnie) situatiion this is (as far as the released station layout goes) kinda unusual - most other stations that have platforms, can only hold 1 train at it, and one would not fit another one on the same length of track between semaphores. At least I have not seen one in SR so far. Or maybe, maybe? one would fit like that in Sosnowiec Pd too. Must try some day 😉

SPl you can as well (and I have!) when Dandowka decides it's going on strike and not accepting more than one train a month 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering about the small superscript numbers by the signal names in Ząbkowice (like N43/2), turns out these encode what aspects will the signal show! Sadly it's not present in most other signal boxes..

image.thumb.png.c0dfe0ec5a8e29acbdeb7522b256ea1a.png

1: Vmax, 2: 40 km/h, 3: 100 km/h, 4: 60 km/h.

If written in fractions, it shows straight/diverging speeds.

Edited by noirceur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • I agree 1

37 minut temu, noirceur napisał(a):

I was wondering about the small superscript numbers by the signal names in Ząbkowice (like N43/2), turns out these encode what aspects will the signal show! Sadly it's not present in most other signal boxes..

image.thumb.png.c0dfe0ec5a8e29acbdeb7522b256ea1a.png

1: Vmax, 2: 40 km/h, 3: 100 km/h, 4: 60 km/h.

If written in fractions, it shows straight/diverging speeds.

Nice catch. How did you find out about it? Would you mind if I post it in polish section of discussion?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Angelo:

I didn't know you can apply tail signals on the EU07, will have to try that with other trains as well!

IMG_20240104_082332_887.thumb.png.811e5ffa23c3ac71a0c47df498821119.png

strange =? should not be the back lights on when the loco is the last car 🤔

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Fightdrug:

strange =? should not be the back lights on when the loco is the last car 🤔

Nope, if the loco is running "cold" then you might as well use the shields, I've seen this IRL.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is in the dispatch manual or not (never read it, it's too word heavy!)

If you're working DGZ and forget to ignore DGHK's request to send a train to you on Track 1, which it will then send on Track 2 anyway. You're then left with the line lock arrow for Track 1 facing you.

When the next train for DGHK is due for Track 1 from you to them, go to the phone and ask "Is path clear for ##### train on Track 1"

They will accept the request (if it's a valid train), the line lock arrow will then start flashing with the direction towards you still and the buzzer sounding.

The next step is not immediately obvious as to what you need to do next to stop the flashing and shut the buzzer up, well, pull up (right click) on Wbl1M button (as if you were cancelling a request TO them in that direction, the arrow will stop flashing and the buzzer shuts up, then press Wbl1M (left click) and then DGHZ will accept your request.

Again, not sure if this is in the manual as I've never read it beyond the first page, but also not sure if this works just at DGZ or is also at other locations also.

Edited by DazT
  • Thanks 1