Things that aren't in the manual that you found out by accident

Found another one (well, I found it a while back)

On the left hand HUD drivers timetable, if you hover your mouse over it, left click and hold and then drag up, you then get to see another two stops after the 4 listed on the timetable.

Not sure if this is a bug or a 'feature', but it's there for anyone interested!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When driving the Elf units with cruise control turned on, in order to access the full acceleration and braking power  tractive force you must first turn on cruise control, then click OPT+ to the right of the cruise control speed buttons to make the "UPZ" on the right hand screen show 100% rather than flash 50%.

In the screenshot:

1) Turn cruise control on by clicking this button;

2) Set the speed by clicking one of these buttons;

3) Increase/decrease the maximum power  tractive force available to cruise control to between 30% and 100% by clicking the OPT+ or OPT- buttons;

4) The UPZ value will change to 100% and stop flashing.

RESULT: The Elf is now drives less like a troll and more like an archangel.

Untitled.png

Edited by Sean the Sheep
added result using references to elvish beings. changed 'power' to 'tractive force' based on post by Schyrsivochter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sean the Sheep said:

When driving the Elf units with cruise control turned on, in order to access the full acceleration and braking power you must first turn on cruise control, then click OPT+ to the right of the cruise control speed buttons to make the "UPZ" on the right hand screen show 100% rather than flash 50%.

Oh my Mr reverse train, thank you very much! thats a helpfull tip 😄

It’s not a power control, it’s a tractive effort control. At higher speeds it’s always limited by how much electrical power the inverters and motors can safely handle. Try it – find a track where you can drive fast, accelerate to something like 90 km/h, then press OPT+/OPT− while looking at the right-hand display. Both current draw and real tractive force should remain constant despite the changing percentage.

Edited by Schyrsivochter

• 3 weeks later...

IIRC you can reverse out of a location and back in and it's fine, but if you've passed through a location (and the sim sees you as 'departed' that location and beyond it, if you then reverse back in then you get deleted (it's one of them, think it's the latter).

There is a way to do it, as it's been done (and I've done it myself as a dispatcher, but can't remember how!)

Edited by DazT
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DazT said:

IIRC you can reverse out of a location and back in and it's fine, but if you've passed through a location (and the sim sees you as 'departed' that location and beyond it, if you then reverse back in then you get deleted (it's one of them, think it's the latter).

There is a way to do it, as it's been done (and I've done it myself as a dispatcher, but can't remember how!)

I've reversed a cargo train from Koziol to DGW, entered DGW, been switched to the correct track, and then driven out again towards Koziol, using a Sz to enter DGW set by a human dispatcher at DGW. (This was done because a previous dispatcher had sent the train to Koziol on the left track, creating a conflict at Koziol that the AI couldn't resolve.)

On 7/3/2023 at 5:58 PM, Sean the Sheep said:

In multiplayer mode, if you drive the train in the opposite direction to that which it is intended, it can be deleted from the system.

(I just had a train deleted where I reversed back in to Katowice with the dispatchers permission).

If a reverse move is needed right now to reroute after passing the exit signal, you can still reverse, you just can't pass the exit signal again (the cars can pass it again but if the loco passes again, it despawns). So the dispatcher has to line the switches with you still in the control point.
Some places the switches can be lined as soon as you clear them. Others, you have to just clear the switches and the dispatcher has to use the "ignore point occupancy" function

On 7/4/2023 at 4:40 AM, moblet1 said:

I've reversed a cargo train from Koziol to DGW, entered DGW, been switched to the correct track, and then driven out again towards Koziol, using a Sz to enter DGW set by a human dispatcher at DGW. (This was done because a previous dispatcher had sent the train to Koziol on the left track, creating a conflict at Koziol that the AI couldn't resolve.)

53 minutes ago, Dolphin Invasion said:

If a reverse move is needed right now to reroute after passing the exit signal, you can still reverse, you just can't pass the exit signal again (the cars can pass it again but if the loco passes again, it despawns). So the dispatcher has to line the switches with you still in the control point.
Some places the switches can be lined as soon as you clear them. Others, you have to just clear the switches and the dispatcher has to use the "ignore point occupancy" function

In my case, I went from Katowice Zawodzie - Katowice l1, l1 to Brynow, past the entrance signal from Brynow to Katowice then was Sz in to Katowice l7 so I could jump up and down with the train arriving at l9 (you know, sheep stuff). After five minutes, my screen went blank and the error message "You train was deleted as it was going the wrong way" or words similar to that were shown. I never used the rear cab (only the reverser) and wasn't moving at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kuzo kind of found this, but I was doing it anyway.

When dispatching in a signalbox and the AI requests to send a train on a particular track that is not it's usual one, you MUST specify the track number when you approve the request, otherwise the AI signalbox will not dispatch the train. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just been talking with @DeadlyKungFu.Ninja on Discord, and he says:

Here is how I hill start a EP07 heavy loaded:
1 - Turn "High current" this will raise the amp limit to 800Amp (iirc) and will allow a LOT more power for initial takeoff
2 - Beware of slipping, use the throttle wisely and find the sweet spot
3 - When reaching the time the second motor start, turn off the High Current setting so that the second motor can start

and @DazT adds:

Dropping sand helps as well.

Listen to your loco as well, the motor pitch will change at the point it starts to slip.

UPDATE: I was able to successfully hill start the 2000t 629xxx on the hill entering Psary and another 1500t train somewhere I cannot remember. The extra current and liberal use of sand helped get the speed up to 10kmh and then it was easy to drive again.

BAAA!

@Sean the Sheep says:

When you hear wheelslip or the white wheelslip light comes on at the top right of the dashboard, drop the throttle down four notches, then increase by one. 

Edited by Sean the Sheep
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the EU07 / EP08 loco hauled trains, there's no need to press the door key binds (the ones used in the elf and pendo's to open and close the doors)

But if you look back down the train (number key 4 gives you a view as if you are looking out the cab window back down the train, press 4 again to look down the other side of the train) and you see passengers walking towards the carriages to board,  if you press the door key binds, they alter their walking path and walk away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1