NeatKefe Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) On the Traxx loco, I've sometimes find myself in the following situation: 1. Stopped at a red signal 2. Train breaks applied. I start releasing the breaks, expecting departure. 3. Applies local breaks 4. Get green signal. Releases local breaks. Service break in driving position. All dials in the train shows no break pressure is applied, and cylinder is full at 5 bars. 5. Applies power. Nothing happens. Loco still thinks breaks are applied. The only way I've found to get out of this is to activate bot. When then taking the train back the dials all of a sudden actually show a bit of breaks are applied, pressure that I seemingly could not get rid of before tricking the loco with the bot. This has always felt like a bug to me, but haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I'm starting to think that maybe I'm doing something wrong. I know it can take a long time for the breaks to fully disengage. But then... is there some way to tell when I should be able to apply power, if I can't trust the break pipe pressure? Edited 12 hours ago by NeatKefe
k.fornal24 Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago During longer stop, sometimes the spring break engages. Why? I have no freaking idea. 1
Recommended Posts