Jump to content

Kaito Kid

Member
  • Posts

    249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Kaito Kid

  1. Fair point but as I said, it's going to be quite the challenge. As I said several times before I take Simrail as a serious simulator and not a game, for that we already have other "train simulators", I think that this simulator should (more or less) be at the level of Flight Simulator (in a future) in terms of gameplay/operation.
  2. In real life you need to know the infrastructure, station and what tracks have or have not a platform so yes, if you enter a track which you're suspicious/know that doesn't have a platform, you need to stop and await instructions... So answering your question maybe I wouldn't be able to stop before fully entering the train to a certain track, but again, the important thing is to stop as soon as you are aware of it. Same applies to tracks without platforms and in junctions: https://www.eltriangle.eu/es/2023/05/15/un-tren-de-ferrocarrils-de-la-generalitat-se-equivoca-de-via-y-envia-a-los-pasajeros-a-sabadell-cuando-querian-ir-a-terrassa/ In both cases if the driver fails to stop driver is at fault too. Maybe only happens that driver is at fault in Spanish regulations but not in the rest of countries? I'm curious about Australia, what kind of rules does a driver have to follow if he/she is being sent to a wrong track/direction?
  3. As a train driver you need to know where you're going, in case a train is sent into a track which is not the correct one and the driver fails to notice, both driver and dispatcher are at fault. I honestly don't know how you can "evaluate" a dispatcher in the sim as it's quite tricky.
  4. I personally welcome anyone to the Spanish server, but the least they could do is speak the language.
  5. As we would say in Spanish @Sean the Sheep, estás como una cabra. 😂 https://www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=estar como una cabra
  6. Hmmm just in case... Are you using the shunts too @Sean the Sheep? (6 extra notches)
  7. Before having this long cue, the cars when taking this roundabout where also doing strange manoeuvres.
  8. This I was wondering the other night, if it could have any solution at all.
  9. Again, I expect Simrail to be the most similar to a Flight Simulator experience (procedures and such), don't wanna have a surrogate game that would remind us all of that one who's name can't be mentioned, where you go looking for tokens and doing other unnecessary stuff.
  10. Yeah, it can be very tricky, fortunately there are some technical dictionaries English <-> Polish 'n vva out there too. 😅
  11. I do like roll playing but there are certain limits to it too, stupid situations I normally don't implement them (fake smoke release, fake "drunk" passengers, problem in a train) as they're not really that related with the infrastructure, however we do like simulating a failure of the automatic blocking system, use of the left track in case the right track is intercepted (f.e works in the tracks or other possible real situations), for this we normally implement ADIF's rulebook and we stick to it, if there's a failure in the automatic block system we start to use the telephone blocking system for example... Anyways, this is still an Early Access and as such, gameplay is not that really important as it's more important to report bugs/suggestions, therefore is also good to have these kind of situations in my opinion, cause if everything goes "smoothly" problems will occur when the final version is released.
  12. Agreed, anyways, people are already providing a lot of information concerning routes.
  13. I think it's the camera that collided with the canopy's bounding box (I think it has one?).
  14. Maybe not mute but the option to regulate the volume in general chat for these kind of situations? IRL you can regulate the volume of the communications.
  15. Now the next step is to hook up a real telephone to call the stations. 😛
  16. And that's why I always switch to the front one 😅
  17. Don't know how many times I've said this, but I hope professionalism here as if we were playing Flight Simulator, anyone that wanna convert this simulator into a "DCC model railway" or do unrealistic things, should be shown the door.
  18. Como controlador no puedes hacer retroceder un tren, a no ser que tenga un maquinista (no IA) con el que te puedas coordinar.
  19. The only reason for me to have a freeroam is to take pictures but people need to start thinking that this is not a continuation of any Train Simulator/Trainz series and this is sim is more focused in a more professional/realistic way, I do enjoy a lot BVE for that reason, behaviour and physics are very well implemented and viewing the external train in that simulator is not really that important.
  20. Then again this is still an Early Acess, I did figure things out since the start thanks to that webpage, whenever I have doubts I either search for the station that I want or I go and have a look with Google Earth, still useful though the link you've shared, thanks!
  21. I think the webpage Semaforek on their diagrams, show that kind of information you're looking for... Or at least they do show on some stations...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy