schmusegewürzkatze621
Member-
Posts
270 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by schmusegewürzkatze621
-
‘Lowest’ is playable on my Ryzen 3 5300U with 16 GB RAM using Steam Play on Linux. Only when approaching and driving through Sosnowiec and Katowice it starts lagging, tearing with weird green artifacts, and eventually crashes.
-
Playing on the built-in graphics in the office
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to Loongeron's topic in General Discussion
Game runs okayish via Steam Play/Proton on my Ryzen 3 5300U laptop on lowest graphics. Dispatcher mode and driving through the countryside work with 10~20 fps, but as soon as I’m driving through Sosnowiec or Katowice, the framerate drops to < 5 fps and the simulation starts lagging badly, especially when I’ve been playing for a while. I assume it’d run better if it were native Linux. (I wonder if there’s a way to force the engine to use Vulkan rendering and whether that would help?) -
Small QoL suggestion for Train Drivers
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to SafeShows's topic in Suggestions for improvements
The game already gives you more information than a real train driver would have. Like, if you’ve got a yellow light (‘expect stop’/‘caution’) then afterwards you don’t know whether the next signal has changed to allow passage until you can actually see that next signal. (Line speed restrictions, on the other hand, are reflected in the working timetable, so in reality you don’t have to drive solely by those signal signs.) -
The Polish national train control system is not really a ‘protection’ system like Indusi/PZB, even though the transmission technology is identical. It’s more like an additional vigilance system. On top of the normal timeout-based one (czuwak, Sifa, DSD etc.) you also have to acknowledge every signal you’re passing, using the same button or pedal. You’ve probably switched it off along with the czuwak. AFAIK, the SHP ‘magnets’ are placed a few hundred metres before most signals and/or at the location of exit signals.
-
Terrain render distance
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to Nathcraft's topic in Suggestions for improvements
I’m thinking the render distance should have a dynamic aspect to it, just as in Zusi: if FPS falls below a configurable value, then view distance should be gradually reduced up to a configurable limit until FPS is back above the threshold. Should have hysteresis, of course, so that the render distance doesn’t oscillate back and forth. -
Stuck after slowing down - Curios
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to SurvivorSean's topic in General Discussion
On the contrary – it allows you to accelerate even with the driver’s brake valve in ‘braking’ position! And definitely if the direct brake is applied, too. -
I’ve also noticed that and don’t like it. I also think that ‘devices’ here is questionable localisation – ‘interlocking’ would fit much better. Also, in German, it’s especially egregious, because it says ‘electronic’ there – although ‘electronic interlocking’ in German means computer-based interlockings (not mechanical or relay-based)!
-
German localisation
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to schmusegewürzkatze621's topic in Suggestions for improvements
Concerning the updated localised dispatcher interfaces: the electronic/computer-based interlocking is translated quite well. However, the controls on the relay interlockings in Łazy Lc and Będzin read as if they come from Google Translate. They’re … not good. I can’t figure out the purpose of half of the buttons (especially those related to the trail block). Also, in the text-based ‘radio’ communication with other dispatchers, the prefab text for ‘Train has arrived’ is wrong. It reads: Zug <train number> ist in <arrival time> angekommen – it should say Zug <train number> ist um <arrival time> angekommen. -
German localisation
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to schmusegewürzkatze621's topic in Suggestions for improvements
Thank you for the answer! Seems I learnt something new today. -
German localisation
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to schmusegewürzkatze621's topic in Suggestions for improvements
Thanks for (inaccurately) translating my message to German, I guess? I’ve never heard ‘Shuntierung’ or ‘shuntieren’. Where is it used? Where is it common? Certainly not on the AC-electrified main network where transformer tap changers are all you need for controlling power without semiconductors? -
German localisation
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to schmusegewürzkatze621's topic in Suggestions for improvements
Another thing I forgot yesterday: in dispatcher mode, the signal box descriptions, specifically the interlocking technology. For the electronic/computer-based interlockings, it currently reads something like ‘Art der Geräte: Elektronische Geräte’. It should be something like Stellwerkstechnik: Elektronisches Stellwerk or maybe Art des Stellwerks: Elektronisches Stellwerk. Not sure what it currently says for relay or mechanical interlockings, but those should be Relaisstellwerk and Mechanisches Stellwerk respectively. -
It’s a Steam builtin feature. F12 by default, if I’m not mistaken
-
German localisation
schmusegewürzkatze621 replied to schmusegewürzkatze621's topic in Suggestions for improvements
Ahhh so that’s what it does! I guess Feldschwächung would be the most appropriate term? -
Trying to drive the EU07, I’ve found that hovering over switches and buttons tells me what each and every one does – but with the various status lamps in the cab, I have no idea what they tell me. It would be nice to be able to hover the mouse over a lamp that is on to get a popup hint, just like for controls.
-
Translation of railway-specific terminology is good – Hauptluftleitung, Schnellbremsung, Fahrdienstleiter, Triebfahrzeugführer, etc. Well done. However, the air compressor is in railway German generally called by the archaic term Luftpresser, and there’s quite a few more issues in other places. E.g. addressing players as Sie (Wussten Sie schon?) rather than Du, or translating the ‘UI’ settings category as ‘Schnittstellen’ (correct would be Oberfläche). And is that an Umformer (rotary converter) in the locomotive providing auxiliary power, or an Umrichter (semiconductor-based)? Other Germans, feel free to add on to this.
-
Yeah, my connection also flaked out a lot.
-
Since the game uses the Unity engine anyway, which is, you know – well-known for having broad platform support – I don’t see any reason why there shouldn’t be a proper native Linux/SteamOS version.