Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

It has been announced on Facebook (but not yet here on the forum), that the diesel version of the TRAXX will release next Wednesday 30th September.

Undoubtedly a Day One purchase for many of us, but information about the loco is surprisingly elusive. What type of diesel engine is it equipped with - GM, GE, Caterpillar or something else? How noisy will it be, both externally and in the cab? Will we be able to substitute it widely in Single Player? Which services and how many will it operate in the multiplayer timetable.

Some information from the developers on this would be appreciated.

  • I agree 2
Posted

I doubt it will sound as powerful and immersive as diesels in other sims due to the sound engine used in SimRail (Ty2 loco is extremely quiet and buggy regarding sounds, so most-likely BR285 will not send shivers down the spine either).

Let's just hope they will rework sound engine some time in the future so it will be able to play many different sounds at the same time without crashing out and the sounds will not sound as flat as they do right now.

 

Posted (edited)

I assume singleplayer SimRail made scenario's will get Br285 option soon. I I rememver right, most scenario's work with Eridor libary and then (if I am not mistaken) the locomotive menu is run from the libary instead of the actual scenario. So its relifivly easy to add Br285 in bulk to scenario's. Only the timetable would be off and then their is of course the wagon/carriagre train composition.

 

Obviously will add it to my own relevant scenario's. I really hope the big virtual dispatcher bug gets fixed since it causes mayham to lots of scenario's.

Edited by jeroezie
Posted

Well at least it hasn't got that awful buzzing of the CD 163! 🙂

Hopefully this will be the usual pocket friendly SimRail DLC and other than preferring it was an older diesel loco, I can't understand the hate I've seen for it elsewhere. Unlike TSW stuff, SimRail DLC is generally good quality and nicely priced, usually with a discount for buying in the first few days.

  • I agree 3
Posted
4 hours ago, BigVern said:

Well at least it hasn't got that awful buzzing of the CD 163! 🙂

Hopefully this will be the usual pocket friendly SimRail DLC and other than preferring it was an older diesel loco, I can't understand the hate I've seen for it elsewhere. Unlike TSW stuff, SimRail DLC is generally good quality and nicely priced, usually with a discount for buying in the first few days.

IMO CD 163's sound is very realistic. I've watched different videos and nothing wrong with it. Those old thyristors were very noicy and cabins not well isolated. But I like this loco model, well done. Top notch physics, functional train length button (unfortunately key command missing for that), nice cruise controller (tempomat).

Exactly like You I don't understand this endless negativity around new DLC-s. Yes, we haven't seen serious core updates for core software for long time now and secondary mainline (Sosnowiec-Tunel) needs lot more work to do (some important signalboxes still missing) but still - SimRail is currently the only train simulator I'm playing. And I'm enjoying it very much.

  • I agree 1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy