Single Player - Limitations

57 minutes ago, BigVern said:

Those of us asking the question are certainly not "crying Anglo Saxons",

is that similar to when an ozzie calls us english 'whinging poms' ?

I often offend people without realising, but that because it's pretty much impossible to offend me so i assume others are the same,
Call me any 'offensive name' you like, i'll likely agree with you 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and how the feck did i manage to double post,  now i've broken the forum too 🥸

I'll use this 'double post' to show a hoodie my GF got me for xmyth that she thought sums me up perfectly...... the red cross i added, as i don't want to get banned for that 'naughty word' 😏
image.png.244c3612dcbc3fa960580e0f3b94cd07.png

Edited by Gazz292
managed to double post somehow.
  • Haha 1

I suppose a crude solution/workaround might be to use that interactive map (if it still works) find a quiet MP server and a train at the approximate location you left off heading in the same direction, take it over for however long you've got. Rinse and repeat. We shouldn't really have to do it but maybe I will rebuy (once the funds clear) and give that a go.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

4 minutes ago, BigVern said:

I suppose a crude solution/workaround might be to use that interactive map (if it still works) find a quiet MP server and a train at the approximate location you left off heading in the same direction, take it over for however long you've got. Rinse and repeat. We shouldn't really have to do it but maybe I will rebuy (once the funds clear) and give that a go.

Good idea 👍  The MP maps are all up and running. 

• Like 1

If a game where you can drive a Pendolino on the entire route from Katowice to Warszawa which is like 300km or something isn‘t worth your money then so be it.

In my opinion that alone is already more than worth it. I just have to reserve some time for it then. The cool thing is that unlike TSC I can use my other screen freely while the game runs on one screen.

• I agree 6

Another possibility is to at least get the Scenario Editor up and running so users can create a "chain" of runs that takes the same train across the length of the route.

These could then be shared via the Steam Workshop.

Or in the meantime the devs could look at splitting some of the longer scenarios into 45 or 50 minute sections (as an option). Obviously keep the parent scenario for the few who can spend 4 hours in one go on the PC, or we do get the save game up and running.

Anyway as a leap of faith I am rebuying the game later today, once the refund clears into my Steam Wallet and hoping I won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BigVern said:

Yup get a couple of mates on there and ignore everyone else.

Works for me, always one or two empty MP servers.

Vern, I think I can remember "drivers only" servers, at least one english and polish one. Maybe you should give those a try, for the case you don't know this possibility already.

Edited by FirstAid

11 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

Great Vern!

The live map is a way to get a longer service out of Warsaw or Katowice, or a freight on the new branch.

https://panel.simrail.eu/main/map.html and pick the server you want.

I'd deffo have a crack at the E186 tutorial too. 

Also this map and it has player details included in the icons.

https://www.simrail.fr/

• Thanks 5

Save game function could indeed be useful, but it may be a difficult function to introduce. Perhaps if the game would save the state of the run while player is performing a passenger stop that would be easier to do. 

I’m sure that the reasons for lack of save game function are purely technical and it may be added closer to the release of the final product.

Edited the thread title a bit.

Also yes, looks like the option of picking a train off the map from roughly where you left off previously is a reasonable workaround. Took EC41109 earlier from Warsaw for around 50 minutes, now going to look for something else under AI passing that area.

Hey is it me, or despite the fairly level looking landscape is there a fairly steep continuous gradient climbing out of Warsaw heading south? My EU07 was struggling at between 75 and 80 km/h for much of the section, maximum tap (43) and shunt regulator at 6 with both pantographs up. That's going to be a great thrash with a steam loco or even better when we get a diesel.

Right, enough chat, EC41115 beckons.

Edited by BigVern

15 hours ago, BigVern said:

My EU07 was struggling at between 75 and 80 km/h for much of the section, maximum tap (43) and shunt regulator at 6 with both pantographs up.

Both pantographs won't make any difference (although we have a simplified getting driving procedure).

Using an EU07 as opposed to an EP07 makes a lot of difference which I also wasn't prepared for. 😄

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

To praise DTG and their TSW here, which even after several years is not where it should have been and DTG did not fulfill even a large part of what they promised (especially editors and multiplayer) is very laughable. We have a railway simulator that we can finally play together in multiplayer. The authors even made it available for free for a whole month so that it could be properly tested before going out for money. The authors also respond to error reports and have already continuously removed errors in the playtest. This is something that DTG absolutely does not do and does not care about. Mainly because they take money. Yes, there are mistakes and not everything is as it should be. But it's early access and it can be expected there. And that's why we, the players, are here to help the authors in reporting and removing errors.

Don't get mad at me, but the authors have a completely different approach here. And the complaint about the missing save...DTG removed it from TSW just to be sure, and I don't know if it's finally back after half a year. SimRail has been out for 4 days plus a month of Playtest. It is therefore, I think, very early for such an evaluation as "missing save in singleplayer, I am returning the game". And at the same time, I will praise someone who only releases one DLC after another and every year he pays for a "new" game that is only two or three mistakes poorer than the version before.

Of course, I could be wrong and it remains only promises, but already we can see a huge difference between the two studies. And TSW, at least for me, loses by a lot...

Also, I remember very well the start of TSW. A complete disaster, I remember, for example, that I stopped a freight train several dozen cars long in a moment and I didn't brake much. Furthermore, it very often fell into the ground, and the services from the 24-hour timetable did not work either. To this day, for example, even the crossings do not work, but I admit that SimRail also has problems with them, but they are functional and the AI traffic works. And there would be many more bugs that no one has fixed yet.

That's my opinion.

Edit: deleted double answer,  i am sorry for that.

Edited by bittersweet
  • I agree 4

1 hour ago, bittersweet said:

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

To praise DTG and their TSW here, which even after several years is not where it should have been and DTG did not fulfill even a large part of what they promised (especially editors and multiplayer) is very laughable. We have a railway simulator that we can finally play together in multiplayer. The authors even made it available for free for a whole month so that it could be properly tested before going out for money. The authors also respond to error reports and have already continuously removed errors in the playtest. This is something that DTG absolutely does not do and does not care about. Mainly because they take money. Yes, there are mistakes and not everything is as it should be. But it's early access and it can be expected there. And that's why we, the players, are here to help the authors in reporting and removing errors.

Don't get mad at me, but the authors have a completely different approach here. And the complaint about the missing save...DTG removed it from TSW just to be sure, and I don't know if it's finally back after half a year. SimRail has been out for 4 days plus a month of Playtest. It is therefore, I think, very early for such an evaluation as "missing save in singleplayer, I am returning the game". And at the same time, I will praise someone who only releases one DLC after another and every year he pays for a "new" game that is only two or three mistakes poorer than the version before.

Of course, I could be wrong and it remains only promises, but already we can see a huge difference between the two studies. And TSW, at least for me, loses by a lot...

Also, I remember very well the start of TSW. A complete disaster, I remember, for example, that I stopped a freight train several dozen cars long in a moment and I didn't brake much. Furthermore, it very often fell into the ground, and the services from the 24-hour timetable did not work either. To this day, for example, even the crossings do not work, but I admit that SimRail also has problems with them, but they are functional and the AI traffic works. And there would be many more bugs that no one has fixed yet.

That's my opinion.

Edit: deleted double answer,  i am sorry for that.

See my response in the other thread...

• I agree 1

28 minutes ago, BigVern said:

See my response in the other thread...

I read. And the answers are still just as stupid. Crying about missing a save. Yes I get it, it's annoying when you have to shut down the game, but I still don't understand why you get so mad at the authors for it. Moreover, from what I have seen, the authors communicate. It was even written that there will be a save.

But it is also necessary to understand that there are other primary things to be done now. Especially bug fixes. It is necessary to realize that the game is simply in early access and to respect this fact. I believe that we will see a save in the future.