Single Player - Limitations

Well have to say the single player side of SimRail is very disappointing.

A handful of scenarios, nothing like the full timetable day that TSW offers. Also more importantly, I can see why my repeated questions about the Save Game during playtest were ignored - there isn't one. Sorry but this is unacceptable, some scenarios are nearly 4 hours long and it is unreasonable to expect players to sit at the PC for that length of time. Most of us have lives or commitments away from just playing PC games.

Dev Team - can you confirm if it is your intention to enhance the SP game and in particular add the ability to save and resume a run in progress? If not or I do not receive an answer then I will seriously be considering refunding.

• Like 5
  • I agree 3

Fair point, and I completely agree that both the ability to save and resume a game, and the ability to play the timetable (as a driver or dispatcher) in single player, are vital. Obviously both features are challenging-the task of taking an entire game state, turning it into a file, and then taking that file and recreating the game state (without errors) while somehow making the process fast and the files small, is an absurd task...but that's the standard in modern games. And for a timetable in singleplayer, a completely different approach to the multiplayer timetable would need to be developed since you can't just run the timetable in the background 24/7, but doing that is better than forcing people to play on a multiplayer server every time they want to dispatch or drive the timetable.

So, not simple things, and it's understandable such features aren't in right now, but it would be crazy to get to version 1.0 without this.

• I agree 1

6 hours ago, BigVern said:

Also more importantly, I can see why my repeated questions about the Save Game during playtest were ignored - there isn't one. Sorry but this is unacceptable, some scenarios are nearly 4 hours long and it is unreasonable to expect players to sit at the PC for that length of time.

Dev Team - can you confirm if it is your intention to enhance the SP game and in particular add the ability to save and resume a run in progress? If not or I do not receive an answer then I will seriously be considering refunding.

Right on the money. A save state is one of the most critically needed functions in SimRail at the moment, especially if the dev team wants to expand to longer routes or scenarios. I hope they implement one soon, preferably with the ability to save multiple sessions at once.

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

Just want to know why the devs are so quiet on this issue.

Surely they could pop in here and give an assurance that enhancing the SP game and adding a save function is on their "roadmap".

Not commenting is going to harm their sales as I am almost certainly going to refund as I'm sure are others. 

"Early Access" seems to be used increasingly as a ploy to put out unfinished software to start bringing in the money then nothing really changes (just look at TML's "The Bus" - in EA now for 18 months and still buggy as hell). 

The description on the Steam Store should also reflect that this is primarily a multiplayer game and that SP is currently very limited.

@uetam Can we have a response on the SP and Save Game situation, please.

Edited by BigVern
  • I agree 4

They're blatantly ignoring the question and have been all along. 

I too am thinking about refunding because I don't want a game where I can't save during a scenario and devs who  refuse to acknowledge  the Save Function posts. 😒

• Like 1
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree 2

Well this lack of transparency is about to cost them a sale. Once I've popped a review on Steam and check back here in a couple of hours and still no response I'm hitting the refund button. DTG can have my money instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 3
  • I agree 2

10 minutes ago, BigVern said:

Well this lack of transparency is about to cost them a sale. Once I've popped a review on Steam and check back here in a couple of hours and still no response I'm hitting the refund button. DTG can have my money instead.

Vern,

Before you start giving negative reviews to anyone who will listen, as you did with TSW3, take a breather and stop to think.

This sim has literally just arrived in 'early access', not 24 hours old. 

Keep hold of it, I know you like the sim from your comments elsewhere, and give the devs time. DTG took years to give you the feature, why so negative here?

Just give the SimKol team a fair go please

• I disagree 2
  • I agree 12

21 minut temu, Batrasian napisał(a):

In the same boat here. Not having the ability to save is a "no go" for me. I only ask for an official answer.

I had high hopes for this sim, but without that feature it's just not for me.

check PL chat box now, copy paste to some translator if you like more official info 🙂

// the question was answered there by the team but if you don't like it, well

Edited by hyzwar
  • I disagree 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hyzwar said:

check PL chat box now, copy paste to some translator if you like more official info 🙂

// the question was answered there by the team but if you don't like it, well

Very useful, thanks for the information.

When I have time I will try to translate all the posts. Thanks for your help.

Before that I will write a review on steam

Update: Refunded, maybe someday... (see answers below)

Edited by Batrasian
  • I disagree 4
  • Confused 1

1 minutę temu, Batrasian napisał(a):

Very useful, thanks for the information.

When I have time I will try to translate all the posts. Thanks for your help.

Before that I will write a review on steam

I simply gave you the source, because for the sake of you I asked about it a minute early on PL chat.

Eh...

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 1

From the Polish chat @BigVern

"hyswar
1 hour ago

pytanie ogolne, bo czesc placzacych anglosasow to moi znajomi (troska ON): bedzie kiedys mozliwosc zapisu stanu gry w sp?

uetam
1 hour ago
Kiedys bedzie."

Which translated is (theoretically)

"hyswar
1 hour
ago
general question, because some of the crying Anglo-Saxons are my friends (care ON): will it ever be possible to save the state of the game in sp?

uetam
1 hour ago
someday it will."

I'll leave this here and walk away slowly, this was translated with Google. I understand that people are really busy already with the game and developing/correcting bugs but feeback from them is also to be expected and not just one way. I'm not here defending anyone as I honestly couldn't care less about singleplayer, but it costs nothing to come here and write a couple of lines.

Edited by Kaito Kid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • I agree 1

the next few lines by @uetam are informative and interesting too if someone is interested

just go there and check

I do not like quoting from places like chat boxes 😉

Edited by hyzwar

3 minutes ago, Kaito Kid said:

From the Polish chat @BigVern

"hyswar
1 hour ago

pytanie ogolne, bo czesc placzacych anglosasow to moi znajomi (troska ON): bedzie kiedys mozliwosc zapisu stanu gry w sp?

uetam
1 hour ago
Kiedys bedzie."

Which translated is (theoretically)

"hyswar
1 hour
ago
general question, because some of the crying Anglo-Saxons are my friends (care ON): will it ever be possible to save the state of the game in sp?

uetam
1 hour ago
someday it will."

I'll leave this here and walk away slowly, this was translated with Google. I understand that people are really busy already with the game and developing/correcting bugs but feeback from them is also to be expected and not just one way. I'm not here defending anyone as I honestly couldn't care less about singleplayer, but it costs nothing to come here and write a couple of lines.

Thanks for sharing.

These guys need to hire some pr/communications dude because either they don't seem to care much, or are overloaded with work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

It's not related with SP as I said before, but I expect as I said the feedback to be from both sides and in my case and other which are more into the "dispatch" role, some questions concerning stations weren't answered, we're still waiting for them to be replied. Again, I understand that there's a lot of pressure and that these people worked almost 24/7 during Christmas, but then again we would like answers for some questions. 🙂

• I agree 2

11 minutes ago, Kaito Kid said:

It's not related with SP as I said before, but I expect as I said the feedback to be from both sides and in my case and other which are more into the "dispatch" role, some questions concerning stations weren't answered, we're still waiting for them to be replied. Again, I understand that there's a lot of pressure and that these people worked almost 24/7 during Christmas, but then again we would like answers for some questions. 🙂

So be patient please, it's a brand new sim!

Edited by giBBer8
  • I disagree 2
  • I agree 2

15 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

So be patient please, it's a brand new sim!

I don't know if you two are talking about me, cause if it was I already said "I understand that there's a lot of pressure and that these people worked almost 24/7". 🙂

• Like 1

As someone who is also developing a sim (much smaller I might add) I do get the language barrier, and pressure.  I also get the people who because I've failed to deliver on my goals cast me out as vapourware.  I don't think that last term will apply to this sim.  Besides we got plenty of free itme to play and test this before already.  I bought in and I may not use it that much.  I have my own projects to deal with but it's a nice distraction.

Thanks

Sean

I understand the pressure they were (are) under but this was a key issue and some earlier transparency and clear statement of intentions would have made all the difference.

Those of us asking the question are certainly not "crying Anglo Saxons", which is a little insulting and "some day it will", elicits my response that "some day I will rebuy it."

• I agree 2

10 minutes ago, BigVern said:

I understand the pressure they were (are) under but this was a key issue and some earlier transparency and clear statement of intentions would have made all the difference.

Those of us asking the question are certainly not "crying Anglo Saxons", which is a little insulting and "some day it will", elicits my response that "some day I will rebuy it."

Totally agree.

Said by me, one of those who "cries" (ie a customer who asks a question/complaint about something they have paid for).

At the moment, I already have an opinion about the game and I will recommend it that way.

Greetings from Spain, especially to the Anglo Saxons 😉

If anyone felt offended, I apologize. Next time I will use the verb complain. Alternatively, I will add "too much." It took a while, these dilemmas, so I wanted to provide you with some reliable reassuring information. Next time I will rather do nothing.

BR o7

Edited by hyzwar