Trolls and griefers emerge.

Záhorácká

Hello. Im coming with a lot of aggression. In last days in our server a lot of trolls emerged.

They using Sz to crash trains, blocking stations or just insult everyone. Its annoying and nothing really prevents this. Is it possible to do something about that?

For now we know about Mléko Madeta Plnotučné ( https://steamcommunity.com/id/dopravni_simulatory/ ), sejkora42 ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199173025409/ )
and few others we didnt catch names for now... We really need to sort this out somehow. Its unplayable.

Thanks for every reply.

• I agree 7

Just now, SurvivorSean said:

Hopefully it's being logged.  Perhaps adding in a report button would be a good idea on the server.

Thanks

Sean

Report button is there. But no one knows if it does anything. Thats why we would like to know if ppl are getting banned.

Mléko Madeta Plnotučné was derailing multiple trains by sending them off the tracks using substitute signal at Katowice Zawodzie, this is additional proof from when I was a dispatcher at Sosnowiec Glowny.

701491746_SimRail-26-12-202221-11-18.png.ac140f6b8b272daa97ffff2392235087.png989357256_SimRail-26-12-202220-52-48.png.f4e016d95b27b241da21a9c4537eafee.png2092469761_SimRail-26-12-202220-47-27.png.bc3d33f4cd03fbe8c649c029fc5d77cc.png1396089538_SimRail-26-12-202220-46-15.png.c519178a7c5fc001ff7cd685925842e6.png2019948097_SimRail-26-12-202220-45-23.thumb.png.2bcb1f51f7cad4be53d5696b421231ad.png1091933372_SimRail-26-12-202220-45-15.png.d5f5231e819fcfdb14c5ae9cb67d7209.png1414847147_SimRail-26-12-202220-44-11.png.1cd7b68b671e6c58f31a143e7e02facc.png2125637659_SimRail-26-12-202220-41-08.png.4a61249313162c7d6ade1bc2c01442b3.png721466259_SimRail-26-12-202220-41-02.png.370faf276c3ae6140c5722b0abbf83d6.png

Edited by tpeterka1

Oh I thought that was just with the forum.  This is good stuff to post.  Hopefully this gets the attention of the developers.

Obviously this is not accidental.  The only danger I suspect is if someone new is innocently made mistakes (even I've done it but nothing like this).  Everyone should add on to this evidence of anything suspicious.

Thanks

Sean

7 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

deffo need a way to perma ban someone who is as toxic as that, that will follow them no matter how many times they change their steam accounts and login names.

Perma ban should not be only one person's call. In my opinion, this should only be available when the user was already banned several times. Everybody need a second chance, especially in a game.

Edited by Lactic
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree 1

2 hours ago, Lactic said:

Perma ban should not be only one person's call. In my opinion, this should only be available when the user was already banned several times. Everybody need a second chance, especially in a game.

If someone comes to mess things up on purpose, I see no reason to give any 2nd chances... Then again maybe a first ban for X days/weeks/month, 2nd ban for months, 3rd ban perma ban... For example.

• I agree 3

In a way, we should be grateful for Mléko Madeta Plnotučné dedicated work on the playtest!
Without him this issue maybe wouldn't have been brought up 😉

Let's just hope the developers address this issue in a way that makes future griefing harder or at least the consequences less desirable for these "people" to grief. 

• I agree 2

People can change. Lots of teenagers think griefing and messing things up is cool and fun and most of them become normal and reasonable people as they get older.

And maybe they thought they were just having genuine fun and don’t see how it negatively impacts other players’ experience. I’d say warnings, temp bans and/or level demotions should be the norm. Permanent bans should be the last step of escalation only.

• I disagree 2

vor 35 Minuten schrieb DiscoBreak:

In a way, we should be grateful for Mléko Madeta Plnotučné dedicated work on the playtest!
Without him this issue maybe wouldn't have been brought up 😉

Let's just hope the developers address this issue in a way that makes future griefing harder or at least the consequences less desirable for these "people" to grief. 

yeah i think the same at the end they shoot there own leg 😄

• Like 1

Common problem with almost any system where people are in a multiplayer environment. Private Servers or strict control and a good system in place to prevent this are the way to go.

With more than 100 hours into the playtest and many of them in front of red signals I will stop driving around till they have a solution for this happening.

Thos people are not the only ones and many others rip servers too but because of sheer ignorance and unwillingness to read or learn even the slightest thing before dispatching or driving.

The majority of the time I do not have red signals, exception tonight coming in after the 2 hour mark.  I'm still not 100% sure what the issue is.  

I've come in right after a server reset and got by the so called problem areas 1.5 hours later (there are lots of trains that pass through that area).  Yet tonight after 2 hours I came in had multiple red signal on mostly North American servers.  Yet for some reason the players are loaded over on the Polish servers and other countries.  I even went on to a fairly dead Australia across the world from me at 900+ ping and it was both stable and had no issues.

The only conclusion I can come to is 1) trolls 2) people making mistakes in DS that ties the system up.  If the AI can last 2 hours it should be able to last 3 so it makes no sense to me other than those 2 reasons.

As I've mentioned in a couple threads now (seems to come up quite a bit) you need to protect the servers once this goes live.  Now is a good time for this to happen because measures can be introduced such as preventing trains from making moves on wrong tracks.  If it can stop you from passing a red signal it should be able to do the same thing if you try to drive a train on a route the train is not meant to take.  AI trains should also stop in their tracks.  That eliminates some of the troll issues.  But you will still have some people doing stupid things with trains regardless.  Which is why they should know how ugly things could get.  I'm starting to lean towards at least the option of private servers but we will see.

Thanks

Sean

• I agree 1

i've only got 57 hours of driving on the sim, but i can say that about 95% of that time was actually moving, i've not experienced that many times held at a red light for so long i quit,  i have waited 10 or so minutes at a red light a few times, and watched the other trains around me taking their turns going through junctions, then it's my turn and i'm away again.

In some ways it's good this happened now as it gives the devs a (very) limited time to decide what they are going to do about it prior to release two weeks today. However at the same time this should have been anticipated and stronger measures already in place, maybe better vetting of who is allowed on the playtest. This is probably a viral situation now which it will be very difficult to stamp out even on release. It's also the reason why many train sim players have been a bit cautious about calls for multiplayer in other games, due to the inevitable disruptive element on open public servers. Run 8 gets round it with private servers that are strictly monitored and I'm not sure what precautions the MP element of Trainz Surveyor has in place.

This is why I'm hoping the single player element of the game is significantly bolstered from what has been revealed in the playtest - i.e. an all day timetable and the ability to save progress. We also need a SP signaller simulation.

The current state of things is pushing SimRail from a must buy Day 1 purchase, to a let's wait and see - particularly the ongoing silence about whether or not there is a save game in SP.

• I agree 1

I've been lucky so far, i only drive in an english server based in europe, 
it seems its more the american ones that are getting all the trolls ??

But from what i've read, there's people with multiple steam accounts, or ways to spoof accounts, as when loads of people click the button to report one of these asshats, they go and change their steam account, and the old one is gone.

There's serial trolls on the consoles who are happy to pay the $10 a month 'subscription' to each game to access multiplayer, plus the fee playstation charges to access the multiplayer stuff and so on. and they have paid the $80 for the game,  so even putting paywalls up dosen't stop them.

90% of my EN server playtests have been trouble free, AI is getting better, as is the player base.

The cheap lollz people have vanished. It now seems to be people who are learning and mess the server up by mistake (button mashing, not reading the timetable etc), and that will improve. 

A lot of issues stem from people not reading the Sosnowiec Glowny junction timetable and sending everything towards Bedzin, or not sending trains to Starzgny(?).

So certainly, have a "beginners" server for those new players, but to hide away in your own server, not trusting "outsiders" to stand up to your standards is a bit daft.

Just my 2p worth.   

Edited by giBBer8
  • I agree 2

Trouble is the damage is done now. You really don't want to jump on a server and find after 20 or 30 minutes your session is ruined by the gankers.

SimRail MP was a great idea, ruined by the sad inevitability of human nature.

Let's just hope the SP redeems it as I won't be buying this for MP.

Edited by BigVern
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1