Stations that have changed

I noticed that (at least) two stations along the line have changed. Warszawa Zachodnia features a roof-like architecture these days which is not present in the game. The station Opoczno Południe appears to have a new platform now.

While it's not a "big deal" as there are numerous more important things to be worked on, I wonder if there are plans to update these stations to match their real-world counterparts?

Are you aware of any other significant differences?

The developers refer to a state of infrastructure from around 2018, I heard. Numerous things changed since then, but are not covered due to said reference.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, I am aware of that statement. But it does not mean they cannot update at least some of the most obvious features. Again, it's surely not a high priority but hopefully will be looked into.

Edited by kityatyi

vor 21 Stunden schrieb kityatyi:

Yes, I am aware of that statement. But it does not mean they cannot update at least some of the most obvious features. Again, it's surely not a high priority but hopefully will be looked into.

So, if you are aware that, i hope you are also aware, that even an "obvious" Feature of the present day, that was not present at the reference date, that this feature will not be taken into account for the reconstuction of that reference date.

Posted (edited)

You appear to rule out any future improvements or enhancements based on the idea of a past "reference date". And then what? Just because it was not present then does not mean it cannot be added later if the developers can access more recent resources. Just because I cannot accomplish something today because I don't know what must be known to get it done today does not mean that I will choose to refuse to get it done at a later date when I am already in the know-how.

Edited by kityatyi

Personally would love an updated "world" at some time, but get the sim out of EA and make editor/tools available first would be my priority.

What I would like more of is to have the temporary speedlimits change from time to time.  (Looking at you 20kph - L171 Stawiska to Sosnoviec Dandowka😅)

• I agree 3

Godzinę temu, Deadlost napisał(a):

Personally would love an updated "world" at some time, but get the sim out of EA and make editor/tools available first would be my priority.

What I would like more of is to have the temporary speedlimits change from time to time.  (Looking at you 20kph - L171 Stawiska to Sosnoviec Dandowka😅)

What a great idea about the temporary speed limits! I stole it and posted on the Discord channel for suggestions in English.

• Like 3

Maybe an idea would be, once the sim is out of early access, and most of the 'goals' are achieved (the INPUT/OUTPUT system, the steam train and so on)  maybe the time period the sim is set in could roll forwards, 

It starts in 2018 when we are in say 2025, and in 2026 it changes to what it was like in 2019, and so on. 

Only downside of this is one day all the iconic trains will be gone as they will be in real life, and we'll be left with only Pendolinos, elfs and dragons to drive... yuck 🤢

Another version of the map = another server. And the existing ones aren't exactly full. Besides that, it doesn't make sense to have different parts of the map from different eras so updating one station would mean updating everything, for not much benefit.

Also, we'd lose Opoczno as a very fun station to play. Having only one platform is what makes it challenging (and that's probably why they added another one IRL :)).

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 12:17 AM, the810 said:

Another version of the map = another server. And the existing ones aren't exactly full. Besides that, it doesn't make sense to have different parts of the map from different eras so updating one station would mean updating everything, for not much benefit.

Also, we'd lose Opoczno as a very fun station to play. Having only one platform is what makes it challenging (and that's probably why they added another one IRL :)).

Keeping the existing 2018 map would be doable I guess. Updating the stations to match the line today, infrastructure and scenery (potentially new trackside objects such as buildings) is probably why the "modernization" is unlikely to happen anytime soon. But if it ever does, different servers are the solution, as suggested above.

I can't care less about how challenging a station is, because that is not what it is today in real life. But that does not mean I am right or wrong. I represent one group and there is the other group which likes the version we currently have in the game. Both groups would only benefit from options, the more options the better. And so, everyone can be made happy.

But right now, bring on the extension to Krakow, the much-needed fix for the Pendolino's traction release, and whatever other major issues plague the game. 

Edited by kityatyi
  • I agree 1

On 5/19/2024 at 3:01 AM, kityatyi said:

I can't care less about how challenging a station is, because that is not what it is today in real life. But that does not mean I am right or wrong. I represent one group and there is the other group which likes the version we currently have in the game. Both groups would only benefit from options, the more options the better. And so, everyone can be made happy.. 

My point is that simply remodeling the buildings still wouldn't be "what it is today in real life". For that you'd have to remodel the whole map. Plus, often these renovations don't only affect the buildings, but the track layout itself (see the Opoczno example).

Having more options is of course good but keep in mind that a) those options would be developed at the expense of developing something else, perhaps more exciting, and b) having two versions of the map means splitting the already low number of players into multiple servers, making each of them less busy.

Posted (edited)

In game stations won't change. Developers stated that all Warszawa-Katowice route is based on 2018 year and there are no further plans to change them.
Also in futue all Warszawa stations will be renovated irl so making new Warszawa Zachodnia in game would be stupid for now.

3 godziny temu, the810 napisał(a):

a) those options would be developed at the expense of developing something else, perhaps more exciting, and

Also this is very true. For me persoanally, i'd prefer new stuff than remodelling existing one.

Edited by ShitHead

Honestly, the whole "The routes present are based on what they were in 2018"-argument kind of went out of the window, when they changed the track from Dorota to Juliusz to be at 100 km/h and updated it visually, to represent the state of how it was, afaik, in 2021, when one track, the mentioned track, was repaired while the other from Juliusz to Dorota was still in disrepair.

One has to be consequential in their decisions imho, meaning that track shouldn't have been updated, because people kept crying about the slow speed there. This way they opened Pandora's Box.

And yeah, updating the route to either 2024 or, if currently several Warsaw stations get renovated, 2025 or 2026 standard one day is certainly no small undertaking and a separate map basically. I can fully understand that this is a low priority currently behind other route extensions like Warsaw - Lodz and Warsaw - Krakow.

• I agree 5

I welcome having Dandowka with the old interlocking (replaced before 2018), Opoczno with one platform (as in 2018), and Łódź set in more recent years, as long as SimRail keeps being fun and realistic: making a perfect photo of the situation on the PLK was never the goal here.

SimRail is, first and foremost, about having fun with a railway simulation: I get the importance of the simulation part, but there's also the fun - otherwise we should also play with a realistic timetable, and I'm not sure that every station would be so busy.

• I agree 4