Hello,

It would be good to make a rules for Multiplayer. Now it is almost like a wild west, when all are driving according their subjective feeling and knowledge.

Also within those rules good be good to mention for dispatcher if PT for train should be followed or not. And with this idea could be good that even bot should follow this.

Some dispatcher are not following those PT and some yes and could be good to unite.

Also those rules will be good for Moderators if something will happend.

• I agree 15

for dispatcher if PT for train should be followed or not

Only the dispatcher knows what's best, and it depends every time on many things. You can't write a global rule for things like this.

I, for one, often don't stop the goods trains in Grodzisk from Warszawa to line 1, instead I send them to line 1 before the ROJ coming from line 447, because by the time the latter has finished passenger service (and in the meantime I already cleared signal M3, inner start sig.), I can already clear signal O3, outer start sig.; and by the time the ROJ comes to O3, it's already showing S2.

Not only this benefits the cargo itself, but also the coming express train from Warszawa, since the cargo will keep at 100 instead of 60 and lower, keeping the last SBL signal at S1.

...and, in general, all the fun in dispatching is in making your own decisions and taking your own responsibilities; if I had to follow incredibly specific, pre-determined rules for every aspect of the job, might as well leave it to a computer.

• I agree 6

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Angelo:

Only the dispatcher knows what's best, and it depends every time on many things. You can't write a global rule for things like this.

I, for one, often don't stop the goods trains in Grodzisk from Warszawa to line 1, instead I send them to line 1 before the ROJ coming from line 447, because by the time the latter has finished passenger service (and in the meantime I already cleared signal M3, inner start sig.), I can already clear signal O3, outer start sig.; and by the time the ROJ comes to O3, it's already showing S2.

Not only this benefits the cargo itself, but also the coming express train from Warszawa, since the cargo will keep at 100 instead of 60 and lower, keeping the last SBL signal at S1.

...and, in general, all the fun in dispatching is in making your own decisions and taking your own responsibilities; if I had to follow incredibly specific, pre-determined rules for every aspect of the job, might as well leave it to a computer.

dont forget the delays mostly a Pt is maked to let a faster train pass but when that train have a heavy delay you need to see what you do or even a other train have so much delay that it get in the way of the train that have a Pt 🙂

that is stuff you cant rule, thats stuff a dispatcher need to say on his own what is the best now

or like drives via the
opposite track sometimes it can that help to dont let both trains get more delay like the AI that do such stuff with the intermodal and the pentolino 💹

• I agree 1

Right - I didn't even thought about delays, that was just the normal situation in Grodzisk when everything is on time. Delays can be one more reason to skip a PT - e.g. if the next train is very late, and the overtaking can easily take place in the next station.

• I agree 1

I agree that it cannot be a global rule for this. It was just an idea for discuss.

I wrote it becasue I was told that for trains 1320xx from Warszawa to Kraków it should be followed PT.

I would also like to add some general suggestions as well. It should be in the server rules:

Players who deliberately stop their trains and state that they have a possible bomb threat on board, medical emergency / suicide.. This causes massive delays for everyone.

No standing on tracks and waiting for a train to drive "through" you. I don't know what's the reason behind this. Stand aside if you want to watch a train pass by.

Singing or yelling in your microphone is very distracting and unprofessional. Keep communication realistic!

No jumping on other player's locomotives at stations and opening the doors / general trolling. I don't want you to jump on my locomotive and open the doors while I am preparing for departure and going through my checklist.

Pressuring other train drivers to go above the speed limit in order to speed things up. This is extremely unprofessional and applies to both dispatchers / drivers. Safety is always of the utmost importance!

Edited by Zulnex
  • Like 1
  • I agree 6

2 hours ago, Zulnex said:

Singing or yelling in your microphone is very distracting and unprofessional. Keep communication realistic!

On that note, can't anything be done for that animal guy? He's just spamming and annoying everyone, except for a couple of folks who still find it funny - and should rather play Goat Simulator, I heard it's a fun game.

• I agree 3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Zulnex:

No standing on tracks and waiting for a train to drive "through" you. I don't know what's the reason behind this. Stand aside if you want to watch a train pass by.

I'm no traindriver in real life and I feel this is only very annoying. But I can imagine that real traindrivers who had people on the track in real life don't feel very good about this. This is a simulator game, perhaps Fortnite is a better game for these people ? 🙄

• I agree 3

My father was a train conductor and his friend was a train driver. He had someone stand on the tracks looking directly at him waiting for the impact. It was a suicide and he couldn't stop his EMU. It's extremely disturbing and changes your life forever.

Even though this is a simulation game, I honestly hate to see it. Whenever it happens, I go back in time and remember my father's story. 😢😞

Edited by Zulnex

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zulnex:

My father was a train conductor and his friend was a train driver. He had someone stand on the tracks looking directly at him waiting for the impact. It was a suicide and he couldn't stop his EMU. It's extremely disturbing and changes your life forever.

Even though this is a simulation game, I honestly hate to see it. Whenever it happens, I go back in time and remember my father's story. 😢😞

the best tip i have here is not look that guy in the eyes normaly you see in there a ,,sorry" before impact and that follow you for the rest of your live i can tell ya

Edited by Fightdrug
  • I agree 3