alexfuru

i think the should add shunting back again

im saying this because i think it would be very cool

and at the same time practical to say have some other method of signaling

so i feel like it would be good to add it back

but does anybody else want it back too?

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shunting is one of the next things to be enabled in SimRail i believe... or it'll be added soon,  it's being worked on, 

At the very beginning of the playtests it was enabled, but as others have said, it caused problems so was disabled quickly.... hence why we can click on a screw coupler, but only get the option to 'cancel' 

The shunting signals also had to be disabled, but i think that was more due to trolls who were deliberately trying to de-rail or crash trains with them. 

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

Shunting is one of the next things to be enabled in SimRail i believe... or it'll be added soon,  it's being worked on, 

At the very beginning of the playtests it was enabled, but as others have said, it caused problems so was disabled quickly.... hence why we can click on a screw coupler, but only get the option to 'cancel' 

The shunting signals also had to be disabled, but i think that was more due to trolls who were deliberately trying to de-rail or crash trains with them. 

will be interesting anyway wondering how they wanna make dispatch people clear that cant read timetables that the train ends by them and need to be stored 😅

i mean normaly stuff you need to do with the train will be by operating instructions in the PC i guess 🤔

Edited by Fightdrug
  • I agree 1

yeah, i am wondering how the shunting stuff will be handled too, 

i know they have said it'll be fairly simple (at first?) just in the sidings and driving the loco forwards and backwards to collect waggons,
People have speculated about someone having a job as the 'shunter guy' who operates the couplings for you via radio commands (or vice versa, the shunting guy commands the loco driver to move)... but what happens when there are not 2 people on at the exact same time who want to do that, 

Does the driver run to the couplers to release them, or attach them and the brake hoses, then back to the loco?  

Does Poland have a version of those radio controlled shunting loco's (V60 / BR362/363) that Germany has? 

Could the shunting operations be totally separate from the main line running part of the dispatchers posts? 

:

I am just guessing here,   and worry too about people who can barely click a few buttons to set up a straight through route correctly, having to also set multiple sets of points for the shunting at the same time as keep the main line running properly.

• I agree 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gazz292:

yeah, i am wondering how the shunting stuff will be handled too, 

i know they have said it'll be fairly simple (at first?) just in the sidings and driving the loco forwards and backwards to collect waggons,
People have speculated about someone having a job as the 'shunter guy' who operates the couplings for you via radio commands (or vice versa, the shunting guy commands the loco driver to move)... but what happens when there are not 2 people on at the exact same time who want to do that, 

Does the driver run to the couplers to release them, or attach them and the brake hoses, then back to the loco?  

Does Poland have a version of those radio controlled shunting loco's (V60 / BR362/363) that Germany has? 

Could the shunting operations be totally separate from the main line running part of the dispatchers posts? 

:

I am just guessing here,   and worry too about people who can barely click a few buttons to set up a straight through route correctly, having to also set multiple sets of points for the shunting at the same time as keep the main line running properly.

i just think it will a system message =? : like ,,train end at this station way from Signal xxx would lead the train outside of the station" or so

I expect that they will start fairly simple with shunting. For example, bring an passenger train from a siding to the platform. And then see how it goes and expand the shunting process in steps.

• I agree 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Gazz292:

At the very beginning of the playtests it was enabled, but as others have said, it caused problems so was disabled quickly....

Shunting is not ready yet. You can bug trains with that, because game and AI cannot handle shunting routes correctly. And you can stuck trains, when they cannot switch directions. That (was) the problem and I think that's why it was disabled. First actions will be shunting a EMU from a platform to a siding and then back to the platform.

• I agree 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Moooritz:

Shunting is not ready yet. You can bug trains with that, because game and AI cannot handle shunting routes correctly. And you can stuck trains, when they cannot switch directions. That (was) the problem and I think that's why it was disabled. First actions will be shunting a EMU from a platform to a siding and then back to the platform.

so as exemple the train spawm normaly in at katowice drive then to zawierce there he change the platforms and drive back to katowice and despawm then behind it 🤔

• SIMRAIL Team
W dniu 17.01.2024 o 21:34, Gazz292 napisał(a):

People have speculated about someone having a job as the 'shunter guy' who operates the couplings for you via radio commands

Nope, not happening

We do it IRL, and that's how it's going to look like in SimRail

There are a few (I mean, like a couple of individual locos) overhauled SM42s that can do that, DB Cargo is using the DE6400 that have the RC option in Poland, but I believe they didn't change the controller batteries since delivery 😉

W dniu 18.01.2024 o 12:54, Fightdrug napisał(a):

so as exemple the train spawm normaly in at katowice drive then to zawierce there he change the platforms and drive back to katowice and despawm then behind it

More like spawning in the morning, and then driving around in circles 🙂

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, GoppelPL said:

There are a few (I mean, like a couple of individual locos) overhauled SM42s that can do that, DB Cargo is using the DE6400 that have the RC option in Poland, but I believe they didn't change the controller batteries since delivery 😉

Theire are two batteries for the DE 6400 provided, so you can swap them out easely during your shift. A picture of the battery loader of the 6477 in The Netherlands i provided.

20240121_093543.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DE6400 used by DB Cargo in Poland does not work remotely - at least I don't know nothing about that. I didn't receive any training how to use that function anyway. BTW those locs are not very good shunting engines imo. The only "controller" that I saw (and it worked!) was for TEM2. Some engines have a big "remote" on a cable.

It would be nice to have some "local" freight trains but without working sidings it's useless.