Is there a way to change to snow ?

Thanks to b__g's posting:

I can now alter the time of day. As there is only 1 scenario where I can drive in the snow, I tried to change the season too in Tutorial 22WE by setting <SeasonOfTheYear>Winter</SeasonOfTheYear> and changed date and time to <Scenario_Start_Time>2021-12-05T18:00:00</Scenario_Start_Time>.

It seems to work as in Winter at 18:00 it already should be dark:

Tutorial1.thumb.jpg.339a5c269dd48c362b403a6ed5965572.jpg

So far so good, but I had expected some snow too. Does anyone know if you can trigger this somewhere too ? Or is it totally random ?

Edited by Glendathu

If I remember correctly, you also need to go to the *.json file, find "SimrailEvent.WeatherCommand" action then change "instant" to true, "temperature" to something below zero and also change weatherCode to one of these:
Snow = 601, HeavySnow = 602, LightRainAndSnow = 615, RainAndSnow = 616, LightShowerSnow = 620, ShowerSnow = 621, HeavyShowerSnow = 622.

So it should look like this:
image.png.4cbf0bab3cc00d5a7bd8bc12ac0abf03.png

Thanks Jumps,

in the meantime I had also asked budnix who uploaded 3 sceneries with snow in the scenario section. He told me about the "SimrailEvent.WeatherCommand".

So I changed the weather code and I had my snow. I think I will experiment a bit with the other values you showed me here!

and budnix also gave me a link to the weather code list in his answer:

This looks interesting too !

I thank you for your answer !!

• Like 1