French server needs actions

Good evening,
I don't know how it is on the other servers, but the French server is continuously rotten with fake Roleplay actions (fake smoke release, fake catenary problem, fake "drunk" passengers problem in a train, left-hand traffic...). This happens every day, all the time, and spoils the game expertise of many players. We really need to do something about this kind of action, either ban it completely, or make a 2nd French server where people can do this kind of "RP". Thanks for reading, the situation is out of hand.

The dialogue in the French community has unfortunately not worked, which is why I am posting this message here today.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • I agree 6

This also was a problem on DE, EN and PL. DE1, EN1 and PL1 are servers where you should try to keep trains rolling as the timetable says. The other severs are open for all other things you wanted to do.

Edited by Friedjof
  • Like 1
  • I agree 3

Think my biggest gripe with EN1 (not all the time) not so much with RP (it's rare) but it's more with new dispatchers appearing on the server having never read the manual and then standing you on a red for ages (it's rife at Dabrowa Gornicza with those crossings and newbies not knowing how to operate them, despite it being in the manual) 

It's then even more infuriating when they then drop off and it goes back to AI signalling and the crossings if by magic lower and the signal clears. 

Maybe it's just me, but when a new panel or workstation comes online I go and hide on EN9, out of the way of everybody until I feel confident and competent to operate it without spoiling people's enjoyment on "the" Server EN1. 

• Like 2
  • I agree 5

On the FR1 server, we don't have too much trouble with newbies, and at worst I'm tolerant because I know they're just starting out.
The problem of this server is really the "false RP" in excess (what I listed in my first message was only during 30 minutes and only between Sosnowiec and Katowice. 4 false incidents in 30 minutes... 
We don't have FR2 anymore, we only have one server for the French speaking people.

• Like 2
  • I disagree 1
  • Confused 1
  • I agree 1

Hi Max,

If there is anyone who should be angry about yesterday it is me because I was stopped by Astar in Bedzin for more than 40 minutes because of a "bomb on board my train.. "I'm not going to complain though because if it's to ride on green all the time, I think I'd rather ride on TS on a French line or stop the rail simulation.

It's better to educate people who were trying to do RP by inviting them to Discord rather than complaining, I think the devs have other things to do right now.

Aurel

• Haha 4
  • I agree 1

@AurelIt's not only you who is impacted by "fake RP", especially as you also do it with your fake alarm in the train. I really think that it is necessary to dissociate those who want this kind of RP, and those who want to drive more calmly (and to say that all is green is false, the game already foresees timetables to have signals, overtaking or other...).

@GHKtruc I don't mind driving the left track from time to time, but here the two directions of traffic were reversed just to drive on the left like in France... And yes, it's mainly from the same people.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Aurel said:

The RP comes from the most actfis players in game it seems to me.

It's obvious tho, if everyone can't stand what they're doing and are being tired of playing Simrail because of some cancer "Fake RP" behaviour, I can understand why those people are the most actives, because they're the only ones "enjoying" those little cringe games

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 5

4 minutes ago, Max1116 said:

@AurelIl n'y a pas que toi qui est impacté par les "faux RP", d'autant plus que tu le fais aussi avec ta fausse alarme dans le train. Je pense vraiment qu'il faut dissocier ceux qui veulent ce genre de RP, et ceux qui veulent rouler plus sereinement (et dire que tout est vert c'est faux, le jeu prévoit déjà des horaires pour avoir des signaux, dépassements ou autre.. .).

I'm not one to do scenarios, the false alarm in my train was to make players understand to stop spamming the radio to tell their lives. It was about an event which would have hardly lasted the time of my stop and which would not have bothered anyone... So I do not understand that it bothers.

• I agree 2

Hi everyone,

I was heard the incident yersterday, in facts i was right in the middle of it. I can totally understand the frustration having lots of "fake" RP like you called when you just want to drive or dispatcher normaly, playing the game normaly. I really understand that, I like playing the game that way too. But the same people who does not want any RP were the most aggressive yesterday evening and some even said some insults. That can't be tolerate and was reported by me and a lot of other players and does not give you any kind of good credits to anybody.

That being said, the ones that get banned are not the one doing RP just for that reason.

• I agree 3

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Aurel:

The RP comes from the most actfis players in game it seems to me.

hmhm you right at the DE servers there are allways the same persons that do that dont wanna say names here but that persons go from burning ECs over by the other train dont look something right to holding of the whole traffic because he want to shunt

that are people that think they are alone on the server or dont care

• Confused 1

Hello all,

Speaking for myself here,

I would like to remind you before elaborating that we are still on an early access game on public servers and that therefore we are not yet enjoying a finished product.

I understand the positions of each of you and I believe that today and in the current state of the game we are almost bound to encounter these problems. Indeed, everyone is looking for something different in SimRail and unfortunately, as Max1116 said, only one server is available for the French community. I personally find that the roleplay scenario can add a big plus to this multiplayer game. I know for a fact that it's not a good idea to have scenarios that block the tracks for an hour like last night, but I don't agree you should totally ban it.

Today I think we should continue a dialogue between players until the game developers/administrators find solutions as they did on the English, Polish, German servers for example. Have fun playing SimRail and let's be patient.

Fatality

• Like 1
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree 4

4 minutes ago, Fatality said:

Hello all,

I would like to remind you before elaborating that we are still on an early access game on public servers and that therefore we are not yet enjoying a finished product.

I understand the positions of each of you and I believe that today and in the current state of the game we are almost bound to encounter these problems. Indeed, everyone is looking for something different in SimRail and unfortunately, as Max1116 said, only one server is available for the French community. I personally find that the roleplay scenario can add a big plus to this multiplayer game. I know for a fact that it's not a good idea to have scenarios that block the tracks for an hour like last night, but I don't agree you should totally ban it.

Today I think we should continue a dialogue between players until the game developers/administrators find solutions as they did on the English, Polish, German servers for example. Have fun playing SimRail and let's be patient.

Fatality

Multipal points here

- Game is not finished and yet we're bored of the behaviour of toxic players doing fake RP (Yeah there's smoke coming out of the train) and he's blocking 2 tracks and blocking everyone, yes it's awfully annoying, train drivers abusing radios sometimes. 

- Roleplay can be okay sometimes, I can understand that, but forcing everyone playing your game is not a manner to do things. Stoping EVERY TRAIN IN A ZONE because of an "electrical failure" while someone is just trying to relax by having fun (My case). I was so annoyed that I didn't launched Simrail for like 2 or 3 weeks, just because of this awful behaviour. 

Ban abusive behaviours is the rightfull choice, doing some things in a roleplay manner with the people concerned okay with it. 

• I disagree 3
  • I agree 2

7 minutes ago, Fatality said:

Hello all,

Fatality

I totally agree with Fatality here. I don't think dividing the community is a good solution.

I will also speak for myself here, I am a train driver in Switzerland, I love my job and I love trains as I hope the whole Simrail community. I know for a fact that a lot of things players do aren't realistic.

But one thing to remember. All Sim players have been used to single player games where you can play any way you want. It's a multi, different ways to play, different railway skills arise. It's something that all players need to have in mind and needs adaptation.

If we can't live together and given the lack of FR players, they will simply close the server and it won't help anyone.

Robi (Brion_GE)

• I agree 4

French

T’es propos sont ABT 

@Max1116 et @Dignité

Je te propose de désinstaller ce jeux car tu ne c'est même pas ce que le titre du jeux "SimRail" veux dire car dans une simulations ferroviaire il peut y avoir des pannes, donc quand j'entends parlé de RP je te laisse te remettre en questions en quoi est-ce mal de faire son métier de conducteur ou bien d'aiguilleur et dire si ce qu'on voit des anomalies. "Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir".

Est-ce que pour toi une simulation ferroviaire c'est être H24 à l'heure, conduire sans intempéries, sans risque, sans problème, chaque journée se ressemble t-elle ?

A ton avis pourquoi les autres joueur ne vienne pas parce que quand tu as fait le tours du jeux compris comment le mécanisme fonctionne çà ne les intéresses plus, ils préfèrent next... ou sinon si il a pas d'actions Donc en quoi les sois disant "RP te dérange". Quand chaque jours se ressemble en quoi est-ce motivant de faire ce métier ?

English

I suggest you uninstall this game because you do not even know what the title of the game "SimRail" means because in a railway simulation there can be failures, so when I hear about RP I let you question what is wrong to do his job as a driver or switchman and say if what you see anomalies. "Better safe than sorry".

For you, does a railway simulation mean being on time 24 hours a day, driving without bad weather, without risk, without problems, is every day the same?

Why do you think the other players don't come because when you've done the trick of understanding how the mechanism works they're not interested anymore, they prefer next... or if they don't have any actions? So why does the so-called "RP" bother you. When every day is the same, why is it motivating to do this job?

Micke Steal

Edited by Micke Steal
  • I disagree 7
  • Haha 3

If you get annoyed to the point of not playing for 3 weeks that's a you problem. There's other international servers.

I didn't play yesterday so I could not witness what happened yesterday, and in such what triggered this post.

I do think that if rp is indeed a real issue by it's occurence there should be event session maybe ?

• I agree 3

Just now, GHKtruc said:

If you get annoyed to the point of not playing for 3 weeks that's a you problem. There's other international servers.

I didn't play yesterday so I could not witness what happened yesterday, and in such what triggered this post.

I do think that if rp is indeed a real issue by it's occurence there should be event session maybe ?

What happened yesterday is looking like an accumulation of lots of frustration by everyone and make it look bigger that it really was. No trains were really blocked but one.  And there were a left side traffic between katowice and Sosnowiec Gl. that didnt really cause any delays to anyone.

And things went south a bit unfortunately and people started yelling in the radio for one hour long...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Micke Steal:

French

T’es propos sont ABT 

@Max1116 et @Dignité

Je te propose de désinstaller ce jeux car tu ne c'est même pas ce que le titre du jeux "SimRail" veux dire car dans une simulations ferroviaire il peut y avoir des pannes, donc quand j'entends parlé de RP je te laisse te remettre en questions en quoi est-ce mal de faire son métier de conducteur ou bien d'aiguilleur et dire si ce qu'on voit des anomalies. "Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir".

Est-ce que pour toi une simulation ferroviaire c'est être H24 à l'heure, conduire sans intempéries, sans risque, sans problème, chaque journée se ressemble t-elle ?

A ton avis pourquoi les autres joueur ne vienne pas parce que quand tu as fait le tours du jeux compris comment le mécanisme fonctionne çà ne les intéresses plus, ils préfèrent next... ou sinon si il a pas d'actions Donc en quoi les sois disant "RP te dérange". Quand chaque jours se ressemble en quoi est-ce motivant de faire ce métier ?

English

I suggest you uninstall this game because you do not even know what the title of the game "SimRail" means because in a railway simulation there can be failures, so when I hear about RP I let you question what is wrong to do his job as a driver or switchman and say if what you see anomalies. "Better safe than sorry".

For you, does a railway simulation mean being on time 24 hours a day, driving without bad weather, without risk, without problems, is every day the same?

Why do you think the other players don't come because when you've done the trick of understanding how the mechanism works they're not interested anymore, they prefer next... or if they don't have any actions? So why does the so-called "RP" bother you. When every day is the same, why is it motivating to do this job?

Micke Steal

yeah a burning train or a bomb on the train happens too me every day nearly 4 times 😄

• Haha 5

Just now, Fightdrug said:

yeah a burning train or a bomb on the train happens too me every day nearly 4 times 😄

And you're only waiting 2 minutes before saying "it's all good I'm ready for depature !!" 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I do like roll playing but there are certain limits to it too, stupid situations I normally don't implement them (fake smoke release, fake "drunk" passengers, problem in a train) as they're not really that related with the infrastructure, however we do like simulating a failure of the automatic blocking system, use of the left track in case the right track is intercepted (f.e works in the tracks or other possible real situations), for this we normally implement ADIF's rulebook and we stick to it, if there's a failure in the automatic block system we start to use the telephone blocking system for example...

Anyways, this is still an Early Access and as such, gameplay is not that really important as it's more important to report bugs/suggestions, therefore is also good to have these kind of situations in my opinion, cause if everything goes "smoothly" problems will occur when the final version is released.

• I agree 2

SERVER FR1

Hello community, I wasn't in the RP action last night 

I'm a new SimRail player since 3, 4 days but I'd like to understand what the fuss is about.

Playing in multiplayer necessarily means to have interactions in game if you don't want to have interactions go play in SOLO, I don't understand why it's so bad. From what I understood there are Modo, admins on the server if really there are troller on report.

Then bah it's a multiplayer game accept the hazards it's even interesting, even if the Rp is lame in real life if a train crushes a person it stops it's stupid as a scene but here it is. why can't the players do that for example. or a breakdown it slows down all the trains or even stop it's normal.

I'd like to understand or even have someone answer me calmly why it's so annoying when other servers don't even have Rp and are bored.

Thank you for explaining it to me.

• I agree 2