French server needs actions

@ScreedforceIt's boring because there is ALWAYS something going on. And no, in real life it doesn't happen like that. Most journeys go well overall. Yesterday there were 4 RP actions at the same time. It's really unlivable.
And for the interactions between the players, there are already some naturally, without needing to add a layer on top. You just have to let the game do its thing, and you'll see the train schedules are well timed for that. 

But as I said, two servers would be needed so that players can go to the server that fits their way of playing.

• I agree 3

i think the problem is as it was when they were doing this on the EN servers... one person decides to say there's a problem at one place, disrupting all trains in that area... ok, can happen in real life. 

But then the next dispatcher along wants to do the same, so now that's 2 dispatch locations with made up problems, 

then the next dispatcher wants in on the action, so their post has a made up problem, 

before you know it the whole line is full of made up problems delaying everyone for hours, the people doing it are having fun, the drivers not so much.

Especially the driver who has limited time on their computer due to having a job, family etc, 
They get say 2 hours to drive on an evening, and can only make it 20 km along the line due to all the disruptions that have been made up.....

No worries, just a bad day, they next get time on the computer 2 days later, and what do they find, every dispatch post in an area is blocked up with made up problems, and they can never get very far along on their drive before their time is up.

When every single day this is happening it gets annoying, the only people enjoying it are the people creating the made up problems, anyone who doesn't like this happening every day repeatedly gets shouted down, and told 'hey, this kind of thing happens all the time on real railways'  
erm, no it doesn't, If it did, no one would use the railways. 

The idea of multiplayer means that no 2 runs should be the same, but there is still the overall timetable to run to, and the job of the dispatcher is to move the trains through their section without causing delays to others, 
The driver is to follow the signals and keep to his timetable, 
The variations come from the train ahead not making it through the junction on time and delaying you by a few minutes, being held at a red signal a little longer than usual, being routed to a different platform etc, 

It's not about a few people who decide to play god and turn the rail system into their own private model railway... as we keep hearing, the people who are making up the problems seem to think they are doing everyone some good, 
Yet the people caught up in their actions think they are ruining the sim. 

• Like 3
  • I agree 19

11 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

i think the problem is as it was when they were doing this on the EN servers... one person decides to say there's a problem at one place, disrupting all trains in that area... ok, can happen in real life. 

But then the next dispatcher along wants to do the same, so now that's 2 dispatch locations with made up problems, 

then the next dispatcher wants in on the action, so their post has a made up problem, 

before you know it the whole line is full of made up problems delaying everyone for hours, the people doing it are having fun, the drivers not so much.

Especially the driver who has limited time on their computer due to having a job, family etc, 
They get say 2 hours to drive on an evening, and can only make it 20 km along the line due to all the disruptions that have been made up.....

No worries, just a bad day, they next get time on the computer 2 days later, and what do they find, every dispatch post in an area is blocked up with made up problems, and they can never get very far along on their drive before their time is up.

When every single day this is happening it gets annoying, the only people enjoying it are the people creating the made up problems, anyone who doesn't like this happening every day repeatedly gets shouted down, and told 'hey, this kind of thing happens all the time on real railways'  

The idea of multiplayer means that no 2 runs should be the same, but there is still the overall timetable to run to, and the job of the dispatcher is to move the trains through their section without causing delays to others, 
The variations come from the train ahead not making it through the junction on time and delaying you by a few minutes, being held at a red signal a little longer than usual, being routed to a different platform etc, 

It's not about a few people who decide to play god and turn the rail system into their own private model railway... as we keep hearing, the people who are making up the problems seem to think they are doing everyone some good, 

Thank's feels good to know it's a shared feeling 

• Like 1
  • I agree 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gazz292:

and thats why i say the game should make such situations and not the player because  the game make them after a restart 1 or 2 situations that stay there till the next restart and the players need to deal with that 😄

• I agree 4

yeah, there will be build in failures and random events in SimRail, 

ATM i think it's just the signals, at an Ai controlled signal you have a 1% chance of getting an Sz signal, i've had this a few times, and according to the experts who know the Polish railway system, 1% is way too high for real life, it's more like 0.01%. 

• I agree 4

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

yeah, there will be build in failures and random events in SimRail, 

ATM i think it's just the signals, at an Ai controlled signal you have a 1% chance of getting an Sz signal, i've had this a few times, and according to the experts who know the Polish railway system, 1% is way too high for real life, it's more like 0.01%. 

random events would be cool specialy for SP 😄

• Like 1

"hey, this kind of thing happens all the time on real railways"

And I can say from a professional viewpoint (being an actual signaller in the UK) that it doesn't, weeks can go by without any major incidents, and then other times the sh*t just seems to follow me around the rotation of workstations.

I can't even remember the last time I had an axle counter failure, the overheads coming down etc etc and I can only count a single fatality whilst I've been on the workstation, once in 17 years. 

The majority of the time it's repetitive monotonous boredom truth be told. 

Edited by DazT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 4

I do RP some stuff now and then.

NEVER block a line, always make sure whatever you are making up does leave space for you to get into a siding, you can have a perfect RP interaction with the dispatcher while you are out of the main line.

If traffic is already disrupted because of other reasons (newbie drivers, newbie dispatchers, AI messing up), do the other players really need to bare with your RP emergency? Hint: They don't.

For DRIVERS:

There is a myriad of things you can RP that are 'quick' to go through and not invasive for others, I use mainly two scenarios:

-Whatever breaks in the loco, requires reset or repair: Need a siding to 'sort it out'.

-Whatever medical problem with a passenger: Request a siding, if possible a platform, don't need more than 5 min.

Things you don't RP:

-Having whatever made up problem that entitles you to stop in the main line.

-Having whatever RP reason to block a platform for more than 5-10minutes.

For DISPATCHERS:

If you have a train doing an RP and being disruptive, not following your orders over the radio, simply open their signal. The bot will take over the train in a few minutes and force the train through.

This should be common etiquette and whoever doesn't abide needs to learn, remember to be considerate to others, you need to 'read the room' before you start a RP situation. This goes for any roleplaying in any game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

vor 8 Stunden schrieb DazT:

"hey, this kind of thing happens all the time on real railways"

And I can say from a professional viewpoint (being an actual signaller in the UK) that it doesn't, weeks can go by without any major incidents, and then other times the sh*t just seems to follow me around the rotation of workstations.

I can't even remember the last time I had an axle counter failure, the overheads coming down etc etc and I can only count a single fatality whilst I've been on the workstation, once in 17 years. 

The majority of the time it's repetitive monotonous boredom truth be told. 

what i like in the game that there isnt everything monoton yesterday i had pilichowice normaly a quiet signalbox but yesterday it was half madness because Olsamowice was handled by a player that dont know overtakes

i dont understand people that want nearly a World war 3 i am happy when things run smooth 😅

Edited by Fightdrug
hope you find some eggs ;)
  • I agree 3

As they say in life "It's the quiet ones you've got to watch", the same can be true for signalling panels.

From experience I can tell you the worse panel for anything creep up on you and suddenly become very busy and things to go wrong on is the quiet ones because you go onto to them initially with the mindset of its normally sedate pace, then something suddenly kicks off and it's like Clapham Junction! 

Edited by DazT
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DazT:

As they say in life "It's the quiet ones you've got to watch", the same can be true for signalling panels. From experience I can tell you the worse panel for anything to go wrong on is the quiet ones because you go onto to them with the mindset of its sedate pace, then something suddenly kicks off and it's like Clapham Junction! 

and missing siding tracks make it even more interesting xD

• I agree 2

23 hours ago, Gazz292 said:

Excellent points!

Some of us just don't have the time to go through made up events. My time is quite limited and I just don't have the extra hours to finish my route. Red lights and late trains are to be expected. However, when these made up problems start popping up everywhere - it absolutely ruins the enjoyment for me.

• I agree 7

I get the idea doing incidents, and it's good that we're given the freedom to be able to do them, it's certainly nothing new as I used to do those in my SimSig multiplayer days well over a decade ago, but that was usually limited to a simple track circuit failure, a signal failure here and there, but it wasn't on every single workstation screen.

I think the general consensus of the thread seems to be - so long as it's only in a few places then it's okay, but with 19 controllable dispatcher posts, I'd say anymore than 2 posts in a row or near to each other with 'incidents' then it starts to come a bit intolerable (and in most cases, unrealistic).

If anything, just running the trains for a few hours and there's already disruption anyway of late trains cause by misregulation from different parts of the sim having knock on effects elsewhere. You'll find the most interesting time is just before server reset time where stuff has built up and had knock on to other trains for hours.

The timetable usually doesn't take long to all go out of sync on its own anyway; inattentional blindness, driver taking too long to accelerate/overbraking, simple things such as not being put on a higher speed line where it's available, using a lower speed line just be "you can", using a 40kph set of points instead of the 100kph set (Zawiercie from Gora!), Sosnowiec Południowy is also another regular classic where people will run you via the side track at 30kph instead of using a free platform line which is 40kph, the AI not clearing signals until you're on top of the signal (I'm looking at you Lazy La and Lazy Lb!) those seconds lost all add up eventually! But do you know what, that's what sets SimRail up as being different from the competition on the market, the human element, we're all human, we all make mistakes.

Edited by DazT
  • Like 1
  • I agree 5

exactly, there are enough disruptions in normal running, 

Yesterday i was running 1 minute early to Olszamowice in an EU07, unfortunately it was Ai controlled and of course it let me continue on the main line, instead of holding me in the siding for my booked 4 minutes (plus the 1 early i was) 

Result, i had 2 live driver pendo's on my tail for the next 20 minutes as my max speed was 125 km/h. at least one of them should have overtaken me at Olszamowice, thats what it's there for.

• I agree 3

1 hour ago, Gazz292 said:

Result, i had 2 live driver pendo's on my tail for the next 20 minutes as my max speed was 125 km/h. at least one of them should have overtaken me at Olszamowice, thats what it's there for.

Speaking of overtaking. One practice which would be nice is if you have both mains open to use, I see players divert the faster train to the left main to have it cross back over in front of the slower train.

I wish people would trying diverting the slower train to the left main. By doing this, you let the faster trains pickup and maintain speed since they don't diverge while only slowing down the already slower train for both crossovers.

IRL, only our few remaining old dispatchers do this. None of our newer dispatchers think of this when using mains to overtake instead of sidings 

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dolphin Invasion:

Speaking of overtaking. One practice which would be nice is if you have both mains open to use, I see players divert the faster train to the left main to have it cross back over in front of the slower train.

I wish people would trying diverting the slower train to the left main. By doing this, you let the faster trains pickup and maintain speed since they don't diverge while only slowing down the already slower train for both crossovers.

IRL, only our few remaining old dispatchers do this. None of our newer dispatchers think of this when using mains to overtake instead of sidings 

hmm... i never see it that way i will do that the next time ^^

back during the playtests i had a few occasions when my EU07 was overtaken on the left line by a pendo,  this was Ai dispatchers doing this! 

I figured that the Polish railways have gone to all that trouble to make most of their lines both way running, that's what it's to be used for, but as you say, no one seems to do it.

• I agree 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

back during the playtests i had a few occasions when my EU07 was overtaken on the left line by a pendo,  this was Ai dispatchers doing this! 

I figured that the Polish railways have gone to all that trouble to make most of their lines both way running, that's what it's to be used for, but as you say, no one seems to do it.

on the speed track its sometimes hard to do that i had situations were one train was faster as expected and was waiting then 5 min 😅 i even had a dispatcher that tell me that i can send the train over the left track as i have try then to chance the arrow that i can do that all was grey 🤔

he tell me then that it isnt possible because he set allready a way for a train over that left track ( 5 sec later after i ask xD ) sometimes it isnt possible because of players that have  the signal box with the ai that is easy 😄

vor 6 Minuten schrieb DazT:

Sometimes left line running is impossible depending on where you are without tickling stuff in the other direction. I did try it once in the CMK and it was a disaster!

thats the same thing to try that between Olsamowice and Polnoc that end in madness because you need to store 3 trains no matter what side 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1