use of the horn not counted

al60

One thing I'd like clarifying for when it does get fixed, is are you meant to still sound the horn at 3am? 

Here in the UK between midnight and 6am you don't (Quote from the UK Rule Book below), I'd be very surprised if Polish rules aren't similar.

You must only sound the horn when passing a whistle board between 0600 and 2359, except in an emergency or when anyone is on or near the line.

If it's the case that you don't between certain hours as here in the UK, then that should also be reflected in the simulation also.

i don't recall seeing anything in the polish signs and signals rule book i machine translated to english,  just the rule telling you that you are to sound the horn at certain signs, but i could have missed it... or it not been translated by google that well.

i did wonder this myself, when i am nearing the ends of the line and am in the city or Katowice or Warszawa in early morning and i sound the horn at the W6b boards ... thinking that must sound lovely to those people in the flats either side of me (really wish we had reverb in the sim, it must echo well in all those balconies 🙂 

Isn't the UK's trains no horns after midnight due to a road rule which applies to all audible warning devices,
And is the reason that electric cars in the UK do not have the low speed warbler/beepers to warn pedestrians a silent car is about to run them over.
As this sounder would not be legal to use 24 hours a day here, so they simply disable it altogether on a UK spec electric car... yet trucks have had automatic silencing of the reversing beeper and that annoying 'warning, i am turning left' sounder for decades.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Isn't the UK's trains no horns after midnight due to a road rule which applies to all audible warning devices,

Pass, I don't drive (would you really want me on the road?! 🤣)

Isn't the UK's trains no horns after midnight due to a road rule which applies to all audible warning devices,

The UK does have this rule for Trains between midnight and 6AM, This ONLY applies to where whistle boards are situated, but the use of train horns is still permitted for safety reasons, for example approaching / passing Engineering Possessions in place 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...