Is there an advanced dispatching guide ?

Hi !

Been having a lot of fun dispatching trains. However I got myself stuck a few times.

If you click on a station name, you have the option to lock all points, but how do I unlock all the points ? The only thing I found that was working was to log out and give control back to the AI, and the re-join.

Also, the post description at Pilichowice says I can run train to the left and back again, but when I manually set the switches, tracing the route move the switches. If all the switch points are manually locked, it just doesn't do anything. I couldn't find a way to give substitute signal at Pilichowice either.

What does the non translated button do ?

I've also got other questions, about specific dispatch stations but I'll wait to ask.

3 hours ago, GHKtruc said:

If you click on a station name, you have the option to lock all points, but how do I unlock all the points ? The only thing I found that was working was to log out and give control back to the AI, and the re-join.

After you lock all points, the button to unlock all points will be highlighted next time you click the station name

Also, the post description at Pilichowice says I can run train to the left and back again, but when I manually set the switches, tracing the route move the switches. If all the switch points are manually locked, it just doesn't do anything. I couldn't find a way to give substitute signal at Pilichowice either.

The purpose of that station is to act as a way for trains to cross from one track to another if for some reason trains need to run on the left track to or from you. Otherwise its a very simple station of allow the trains to pass on straight track. The sub signal button appears as an option when you click on the signal. Do not give a sub signal at that station with a route that would send a train against an interlocking or else there will be problems.

Do not give a sub signal at that station with a route that would send a train against an interlocking or else there will be problems.

Hence why we call it running "bang road" in the UK running against the normal flow of traffic in the wrong direction, as if you mess it up a BANG is what you're going to hear! 

1 hour ago, DazT said:

Hence why we call it running "bang road" in the UK running against the normal flow of traffic in the wrong direction, as if you mess it up a BANG is what you're going to hear! 

If the other end does happen to be a player and catches the train heading the other way, it sure will take quite some time for the train to travel the entire way from Pilichowice at 20km/h.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RWag64 said:

Look at this guide :

Par contre, il est en Anglais, désolé. Bonne lecture.

Thanks !! It did answer some of my un-asked questions.

10 hours ago, Dolphin Invasion said:

After you lock all points, the button to unlock all points will be highlighted next time you click the station name

Yes it is there, I click it and ask me to confirm special order. So I click on station name, and the only option is "cancel Special Order". Is it like ZD where I need to wait 90 seconds before being able to do anything else again ?

10 hours ago, Dolphin Invasion said:

The purpose of that station is to act as a way for trains to cross from one track to another if for some reason trains need to run on the left track to or from you. Otherwise its a very simple station of allow the trains to pass on straight track. The sub signal button appears as an option when you click on the signal. Do not give a sub signal at that station with a route that would send a train against an interlocking or else there will be problems.

In that case the station description is misleading because it I'm pretty sure it says something along the lines of "Switching to the left and back on the right is only possible on one of the tracks". Also, I am 99% sure clicking on all the letter signals, I only have the option to "Lock", unlike other stations where it gives me some option for substitute singal.

Yes it is there, I click it and ask me to confirm special order. So I click on station name, and the only option is "cancel Special Order". Is it like ZD where I need to wait 90 seconds before being able to do anything else again?

Sometimes there is a bug that the buttons don't highlight when they should. I've seen it a lot especially with the unlock points. You can still click it and execute if its grayed out. If it works normally, it won't highlight if you click it again before the flashing to confirm order.

In that case the station description is misleading because it I'm pretty sure it says something along the lines of "Switching to the left and back on the right is only possible on one of the tracks". Also, I am 99% sure clicking on all the letter signals, I only have the option to "Lock", unlike other stations where it gives me some option for substitute singal.

It could be a translation thing as I understand what it is saying but the description could be improved. You don't want to send a train through the crossovers just to send them back over again and ultimately stay on the same track. It's just an unnecessary slowdown for the trains.

In regards to the sub signal, looks like the signals at that station are incapable of displaying a sub signal as they have no white light on the signal head.

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

I'm new to the sim, and i had 1 issue and 1 doubt (till those 24 less hours of domino dispatching).

-> Any experienced dispatcher in SimRail knows how to use shunting signals? [blue/white aspect] (not substitute) (i couldn't make them work at every domino panel i was)

-> I've never sent a train to Idzikowice Rad branch without using substitute function (those 412xxx freight trains. i can't remember the exact train number). The signal won't clear instead of requesting. Any help or light for this?

Taking those 2 issues aside i'm having a great experience with SimRail, Driving and dispatching. I'm used to German Dominos panels ---lot more flexible--- and miss so much functions in the Poland version.  

Thanks to all for the nice multiplayer experience, it's been fun the whole week 🙂

Edited by Densha

For the shunting part, I believe that setting up shunting routes is disabeled completely at the moment. Lets hope that the devs will introduce shunting to the game soon.

Did you send the 412xxx traind towards the upper Radize track? And did you request a lineblock and set up the singe track line bl9ck equipment correctly? It is not a double tracked line.

• I agree 1

On 7/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Densha said:

-> Any experienced dispatcher in SimRail knows how to use shunting signals? [blue/white aspect] (not substitute) (i couldn't make them work at every domino panel i was)

-> I've never sent a train to Idzikowice Rad branch without using substitute function (those 412xxx freight trains. i can't remember the exact train number). The signal won't clear instead of requesting. Any help or light for this?

Shunt routes disabled in multiplayer for now.

Are you requesting permission from the AI to turn on the interlocking? Do you mean you can't set the route by the signal won't clear? A screenshot would help.

Need to be careful using the Sz to send trains out of your station as players may report you ESPECIALLY if the interlocking isn't set right in ABS territory. Some players will refuse to accept the Sz leaving the station unless you convince them that you aren't trolling or doing something wrong

15 hours ago, Dolphin Invasion said:

Shunt routes disabled in multiplayer for now.

Are you requesting permission from the AI to turn on the interlocking? Do you mean you can't set the route by the signal won't clear? A screenshot would help.

Need to be careful using the Sz to send trains out of your station as players may report you ESPECIALLY if the interlocking isn't set right in ABS territory. Some players will refuse to accept the Sz leaving the station unless you convince them that you aren't trolling or doing something wrong

Sorry for the delays on the replies and/or any issue on english language (not my native). I'll try to be as practical and straight forward as possible. Thanks jeroezie and Dolphin Invasion.

Screenshots:

0: Panel as default when the login is made.

1: Requesting Wbl2R (x1 left mouse button)

2-3-4: The indication white lights start to flashing synchronized with the Right Arrow above Wbl2R

I know this is quite confusing but this is what's happening, the "AI" doesn't approve the request to receive a train. If i'm doing something wrong let me know so i can correct myself and learn more about this procedure, i'm quite okay with other procedures by far. (any issue or doubt for sure i'll ask for help, as i'm trying to improve my operation on the domino PSBs).

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

I think the 4120XX needs to go through the LK574 line and not the LK573 if Im not mistaken. Thats why it probably doesnt accept the train. And before switching direction you normaly need to ask for permission via the text chat

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Correct, looking at the screenshots Track 1 (Tor 1) was correctly requested in the chat box, but then Track 2 (Tor 2) was the line requested on the panel so the AI will ignore the request as it differs from the first initial chat box request. (You'll never get Tor 2 to be accepted as there is no traffic booked over that line in this timetable)

Edited by DazT

Yeah you NEED to ask the AI for permission to request the interlocking using the prompts on the phone. Also read the timetable for the line the train is supposed to use. At this station, both tracks go to Radzice but they are different lines as they go completely different directions. Pretty sure the current timetable only uses line 574

• I agree 1

Thanks for the direct reply, I'll try out "ID" PSB today and see if i can manage to send the Train 4210xx on the correct track as per TT requires (my fault on not verifying specific line arrival).

Interesting points i've enjoyed regarding SimRail Dispatching on the PSBs until now:

===================

"KO" Katowice Domino PSB

===================

• Platform alteration without causing delays and other issues to timetable.
  • Use of only 2 out of 4 Platforms without causing delays (Simulate Platform working)
  • Management with "KZ" Control Centre (Regarding hold and track diversions)
  • Hold trains until 5 minutes for a player to swap between trains. (Never requested)

===================

"ID" Idzikowice Domino PSB

===================

• Overtake of delayed trains (plenty of tracks within the yard)
  • Management with "OP" Control Centre (Regarding platform occupation status) 

I would be happy to hear what you guys enjoyed about the dispatch management, i miss some voice comm between players for the moment, but it should be more frequent as time goes by.

9 hours ago, DazT said:

Correct, looking at the screenshots Track 1 (Tor 1) was correctly requested in the chat box, but then Track 2 (Tor 2) was the line requested on the panel so the AI will ignore the request as it differs from the first initial chat box request. (You'll never get Tor 2 to be accepted as there is no traffic booked over that line in this timetable)

Already verified on "EN2" server, got the 412026 right on spot Line 574 tor 1.

Step-by-step procedure:

• On the telephone click on Radzice (AI)
  • Is the path for train ... on track ... clear? (last message)
  • Fill in the information (Train Number and track informed on timetable) wait for the reply on the chat box of "AI"
  • Request Wbl1R (it'll start flash then keep steady white -- accepted)
  • Set the route and clear the Signal towards the specific destination.  

Thanks again, my mistake was miss the specific track on timetable. Hope to learn more in the next days and not cause problems.

Edited by Densha