Servers have not been put in Summer Time

RWag64

i noticed this too, especially as i like to drive with the HUD off and a drivers timetable, 
the server it's self is on the correct time when you press 'TAB' when driving, but the timetable is an hour behind.

But usually when i mention this on discord people just say 'well that's DST for you' 🙂

• I agree 1

I keep wondering about a server sync'd clock,
like an android widget that you can have on your phone which you tell it which server you are on (or your steam ID and it tracks the server you go on) and it shows that particular servers time.. to the second (that bit is missing from most clock widgets)

So no matter if you are on the UK server which is currently 1 hour behind, or one of the other servers that is x-many hours ahead or behind local time, a quick glance at this server sync'd clock will tell you the correct time for the SimRail universe. 

But programming / coding is not something i know. so what sounds simple may actually be almost impossible. 

As i only drive the trains, i've also asked the simrail france team on their discord server how hard it would be to add a server clock to the live map, something looking like this :

image.thumb.png.b93aadf4f9e2e27962494738ee4733f3.png

With an option to show the clock or not, and where to show it, as i pretty much always drive with the live map open on an android tablet. 

I know their EDR thing has a server time clock... that's where i copied the graphic from to insert in to the map. 

they replied that they are working on a new user interface with a clock planned, but no date for the update is available yet.

Edited by Gazz292
  • Like 1