What does pt mean in the timetable

I think, the pt-stop is needed to pass the 4146 from Line 4. If 4146 is a little bit too late and you let passes 145055 to line 1 then the freight train is blocking the switches.

Edited by ErsGT

On my 'Timetables for e-ink kindles / kobo's (and tablets)'  i use ;pt for the Olszamowice 'stop' which is a stop in the sidings by the passenger train you are driving, to let a faster train past you, 
Hence i've made them bold as the other stops are (;ph after them ... and ;ph,zd at the first and last station we get to drive between means 'stop for passengers' and 'crew change')
But i've also made this stop italic to make it stand out that whilst it's a stop, it's not at a station... so you may miss it (some dispatchers forget this too and send you straight through even if you are running on time or early)

image.thumb.png.2c26dad578eb5feda6b48d773c012811.png

Edited by Gazz292

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

(some dispatchers forget this too and send you straight through even if you are running on time or early)

Yeah, if the dispatcher in Ol don't mind the pt-stop, then Opoczno Poludnie will hate him 😄

Edited by ErsGT
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 1

Not once did I have a dispatcher honor the pt stop at Olzamoviche when I was running an EC 😜 It causes interesting issues down the line, last time I drove the guy in Pilichovice put me on the opposite track to let the pendolino overtake me.

Edited by jayzhead
  • I agree 2

Still think that Olszamowice, Pilichowice and Opoczno Południe should just be merged and made into a 'mega' workstation/panel, then there's more chance of it being staffed by a human then.

• I disagree 2
  • I agree 5

On 3/14/2023 at 5:01 PM, DazT said:

Still think that Olszamowice, Pilichowice and Opoczno Południe should just be merged and made into a 'mega' workstation/panel, then there's more chance of it being staffed by a human then.

Olszamowice and Pilichowice, yes. Otherwise both are boring. Maybe not Opoczno Południe, though, that one is fine as it is. Knapówka and Psary would be nice if they could be merged, though. At least with the current timetable.

• I disagree 2
  • I agree 2

• 1 month later...

So, quick question regarding the pt stop... how do you guys handle these?  Because I'm torn with them; on one hand, I'm in favor of running trains according to the schedule.  On the other hand, players seem to get jumpy and impatient when they're stopped for more than a few minutes, despite their scheduled layover.

13 minutes ago, Big Ram said:

So, quick question regarding the pt stop... how do you guys handle these?  Because I'm torn with them; on one hand, I'm in favor of running trains according to the schedule.  On the other hand, players seem to get jumpy and impatient when they're stopped for more than a few minutes, despite their scheduled layover.

if they are getting antsy give them an EDT and tell them to use the time as a bathroom brake or grab a cup of coffee. that's what i use layovers for

I usually run stuff if I can, but sometimes there is no option but to lose a train as per the timetable. 

As for drivers getting jumpy, don't let them bully you, it's not exactly like they can run a red signal! They'll stand until I'm ready for them to move. 

(PS, the more arsey they get reduces their chance of an early run, which I also happen to do at work with real trains, best not to upset the signaller) 

Edited by DazT
  • I agree 2

It's quite simple how I tend to do. My personal rule is to squeeze them into traffic when it is reasonable to do so, that means:

I start by asking if the cargo wants to take the full break or not.
If he wants to depart earlier, I contact the next post and ask if the post can handle this train early (if he does not have parking tracks, he asks the next post too).

Finally, before sending the player into traffic, you have to make sure this train will not slow down any higher priority train (it applies also when the train is departing on time, if there are any passenger trains running late for example)

Getting sent early by dispatcher is a privilege, not a right 😃

• I agree 7

The way I look at freight with PT stops is that the stop is to allow traffic to overtake if needed. Prime example is Bedzin. The 644 freight that came from Katowice, depending on how traffic was flowing, I often could send it through without stopping and it doesn't interfere with traffic. Often, it would wait at Bedzin and no trains would pass until the end of the 15min allowed stop. I could have sent it without problem and it would have been long gone but now at the end of its scheduled wait, all the traffic is there again.

IRL, our freight trains have schedules but the scheduled times don't mean it can't go before. If there is a window for it to move without blocking a passenger or higher priority freight, you move it when you can

Edited by Dolphin Invasion
  • I agree 2

Am 18.5.2023 um 14:51 schrieb Dolphin Invasion:

The way I look at freight with PT stops is that the stop is to allow traffic to overtake if needed. Prime example is Bedzin. The 644 freight that came from Katowice, depending on how traffic was flowing, I often could send it through without stopping and it doesn't interfere with traffic. Often, it would wait at Bedzin and no trains would pass until the end of the 15min allowed stop. I could have sent it without problem and it would have been long gone but now at the end of its scheduled wait, all the traffic is there again.

IRL, our freight trains have schedules but the scheduled times don't mean it can't go before. If there is a window for it to move without blocking a passenger or higher priority freight, you move it when you can

That is good reasoning to begin with. But sometimes event this can upset the schedule at other stations.
I will take your example. You send the 644XXX to DG early. The moment the train arrives at DG Zabkowice the ai doesn´t know how to properly route the train there are many other trains at the same. And the train doesn´t really fit the plans of the AI. So the AI will do stupid things.
Don´t get me wrong. I am all in for trains that are send early when there is the space. But please consider that not only your direct neighbors are influenced by that decission.

Edited by Friedjof
  • I agree 1

9 minutes ago, Friedjof said:

You send the 644XXX to DG early. The moment the train arrives at DG Zabkowice the ai doesn´t know how to properly route the train there are many other trains at the same. And the train doesn´t really fit the plans of the AI. 

In my experience, I have never had DGZ not handle an early freight going North unless a dispatcher has destroyed everything. Both driving and dispatching, DGZ has been one of the most fluid AI stations unless a bug or players have ruined stuff out of its control. DGZ has always been happy to put the early freights in the siding tracks and wait on other traffic. If not much is coming South, its even happy to ask Lazy Lc for a 3rd track to move more trains North.

In reality, once the train is clear into DGZ, the freights can stay out of the way of the passengers all the way to Zawiercie.

I pay attention to map to see if blockages are happening and if players are dispatching, I ask if they want the freight early so I am being considerate of down the line...

• I agree 2