Next dispatcher station (week 11+)?

Next dispatcher station?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which dispatcher station would you like to see next?

• Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice
    • Katowice
    • Łazy
    • Łazy La
    • Sosnowiec Dańdówka
    • Sosnowiec Kazimierz
    • Sosnowiec Południowy (mechanical)
    • Stawiska
    • Strzałki
    • Tunel

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/23 at 05:35 AM

Totally agree, deffo needs to me some form of 'grading' to use the larger dispatcher posts. 

But even the simple posts can be abused, 

yesterday i had my first asshat who sits in a dispatcher post, gives me all green signals then sets the final controlled signal i'm approaching to red then leaves the post (at least i think that's what happened, the signal went back to green just as i was about to pass it with emergency brakes applied as it had gone back to Ai controlled (saw this in the map app i always have open when i drive)

Yeah I had made a suggestion post previously that players should not be punished if a dispatcher returns the signal to stop in front of a train. Or even make it that if it was a dispatcher caused signal drop, let the train run through the red. I don't know if the polish system auto applies emergency brakes when this happens but if it does, this should also happen

On 5/4/2023 at 12:20 AM, Dolphin Invasion said:

I don't know if the polish system auto applies emergency brakes when this happens

Nope! Except for like one or two lines with ETCS, Poland has no automatic train protection – SHP is just a vigilance system.

Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice! Wow!

Quick question: how does signalbox DZB2 work? I've seen on Semaforek that there's a mechanical signalbox towards DG Huta Katowice: https://semaforek.kolej.org.pl/wiki/htmlets/Dabrowa_Gornicza_Zabkowice2.png
...and here, from your screenshot, I see that in DZB we have the signals but not the switches. So DZB2 has a switchman who moves some switches but only DZB has a proper dispatcher?

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Angelo:

Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice! Wow!

Quick question: how does signalbox DZB2 work? I've seen on Semaforek that there's a mechanical signalbox towards DG Huta Katowice: https://semaforek.kolej.org.pl/wiki/htmlets/Dabrowa_Gornicza_Zabkowice2.png
...and here, from your screenshot, I see that in DZB we have the signals but not the switches. So DZB2 has a switchman who moves some switches but only DZB has a proper dispatcher?

I've seen the screenshot of the table before and I guess that's exactly how it is going to be, at least when the sim is finished. It seems that posts with a number behind their abbreviation are simply manned by a switchman, not a "real" dispatcher or signalman. Either this post is just for throwing switches for shunting purposes, so it won't be possible to exit the station from track 201-204 to Katowice Huta or enter it vice versa, or there will be some kind of "approval" mechanism to give to switchman the order of how he has to throw and lock the switches and afterwards gives permission to set a route. Either way it's going to be very interesting.

Btw: I can't speak for polish railway but there was an austrian signolbox that worked also with a mechanical and relay interlocking. The dispatcher had a full relay interlocking panel (Push Button Siemens Type 60) with whom he controlled one side of the station, whereas the other side was controlled by a switchman (austrian mechanical standard interlock type 5007, with block Apparat) depending on the orders given by the dispatcher. As far as I know, this was a unique situation on our railroads here. I guess it was built in the 60's but it worked quite well until, I believe, some time in the 90's. If you are interested you can check it out here:

https://stellwerke.blogspot.com/2015/06/drs-stellpult-samt-fehlendem-zg-in.html?m=1

It's in german, but with a little help of Google Translate it should be quite understandable.

Greetings,

Leo

Edited by FirstAid
  • I agree 1

vor 16 Minuten schrieb SugaCane:

The AI is in the most cases not the problem. Dańdówka have sometimes a weird prio but the trains keep moving. Its most the dispatchers fault, when in Dańdówka is a train jam.

Yes but its better if you can communicate with the next station to avoid a train jam. I agree with moblet1. Yesterday at Dandowka on DE1 there was a traffic too. And Poludionowy gets filled very quickly if Dandowka doesnt want to accept trains. Sometimes you have to force a train to Dandowka with an eye on the map

• I agree 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb moblet1:

From an in-game troubleshooting perspective Sosnowiec Dańdówka should be a priority. Right now EN1 is clogged at Sosnowiec Dańdówka and there is nothing we can do about it.

But this is not a solution to the problem, because you cant garuantee that players will be dispatching at SD 24/7. 

• I agree 2

Yeah when I'm at Polu, it seems like Dandowka likes to asks for trains when they aren't even in the station. Or even when the time tables says it should expect another train before locking the interlock for a train that's still 5 km away...

Same issue as with Polnoc. The freight scheduled after the 223 will delay the 223 because polnoc will lock the branch line as soon as the freight is annonced by Oslamowice !

But this is not a solution to the problem, because you cant garuantee that players will be dispatching at SD 24/7.

Yeah but when it bugs out at least a human player can intervene !

Edited by GHKtruc

vor einer Stunde schrieb sf_giants15:

Yesterday at Dandowka on DE1 there was a traffic too.

The train jam yesterday was caused by Juliusz that was unable to dispatch the station correctly.

vor einer Stunde schrieb sf_giants15:

Yes but its better if you can communicate with the next station to avoid a train jam.

But why is there no train jam when i am in Sosnowiec Południowy?
It is possible with just questioning the AI to get the Trains there. You don't need to force anything to the AI.

• I agree 2

vor 4 Minuten schrieb GHKtruc:

Yeah when I'm at Polu, it seems like Dandowka likes to asks for trains when they aren't even in the station. Or even when the time tables says it should expect another train before locking the interlock for a train that's still 5 km away...

It is possible to say to Dandówka that you have a Train with higher prio so he won't send you the train. Instead you can offer him a your train.

Edited by SugaCane
  • I agree 2

1 minute ago, SugaCane said:

It is possible to say to Dandówka that zou have a Train with higher prio so he won't send you the train. Instead zou can offer him a your train.

Not in my experience. When I ask for a train it says it has a higher priority train to run. So I don't bother talking to the AI except to accept the train

• I agree 1

I still think on such one track lines its better to communicate with neighbour stations which train to send first. Just like with Glowny. Im also excited for Zabkowice. its probably more fun than Katowice. But its gonna be a pain in the ass to get to play this station as it will always be occupied 😄

• I agree 1

51 minut temu, sf_giants15 napisał(a):

I still think on such one track lines its better to communicate with neighbour stations which train to send first. Just like with Glowny. Im also excited for Zabkowice. its probably more fun than Katowice. But its gonna be a pain in the ass to get to play this station as it will always be occupied 😄

It is a big disadvantage of this game. I.e. there are (max) 8 PL servers what means that there can play only 8 people at once... for 40 mln population country.

22 hours ago, FirstAid said:

It seems that posts with a number behind their abbreviation are simply manned by a switchman, not a "real" dispatcher or signalman. (...) Either way it's going to be very interesting.

I agree, it will be really interesting, especially for shunting!

I can't speak for polish railway but there was an austrian signolbox that worked also with a mechanical and relay interlocking. 

Here in Italy we also had some very special cases! One that comes to mind is Aosta, which used to have the south side managed by an electromechanical Sasib device, with manual switches secured by keys, and the north side with a proper, classic, historical Saxby frame.
Here's some pictures of the largest Sasib device in Padova, still preserved in its original location, and the Aosta Saxby frame, now preserved in the Pietrarsa museum.

Sorry for the OT, but when it comes to signalboxes I NEED to let everyone know how amazing they are 🙃

6 hours ago, uetam said:

WiP

That looks awesome! Can't wait to have a shift there! Congratulations for the great work!

Since we're talking about DG Ząbkowice's signalboxes: isn't the side towards Łazy controlled by signalbox DZA?
Is the green part of the panel just a temporary solution for development?
Or is it that DZA is controlled from DZB, as it is the case for a very peculiar signalbox in Italy, where the main box is manned by a dispatcher, and a secondary box is unmanned and controlled by the main one but needs human intervention for some special operations?

• Like 1
  • I agree 1