Live map when starting multiplayer

I know there is an online map where you can see the current players/bots on the servers. But I think it would be nice to have a similar map in-game, when choosing a server and a train to run. It would be nice to see at a glance how many trains (both live and bots) are on the line and where, and how many live dispatchers. It would also be nice to be able to see where the different available trains are in the line, so you can more easily choose a train that's in an area you like...

• Like 1
  • I agree 6

4 hours ago, macavity80 said:

I know there is an online map where you can see the current players/bots on the servers. But I think it would be nice to have a similar map in-game, when choosing a server and a train to run. It would be nice to see at a glance how many trains (both live and bots) are on the line and where, and how many live dispatchers. It would also be nice to be able to see where the different available trains are in the line, so you can more easily choose a train that's in an area you like...

It would be great to have a map on a tablet in the cabin. Just need to be inspired by reality. 🙂

DISAF_1.jpg

DISAF_2.jpg

tablettt.jpg

Edited by lDestinyl
  • Like 7

The real skill is watching a train spawn in on simrail.app map and trying to be fastest finger first when it finally appears on the multiplayer list on the Sim and just hoping you get the train you're after before anyone else does, I've only been burnt a few times where someone has just managed to steal it first, literally by seconds! 

Edited by DazT
  • Haha 2
  • I agree 1

18 hours ago, macavity80 said:

Yes, that would be good, but what I mean is a map before starting the simulator, in the screen where you choose a server and a train to run

Yes the choice of train is basically random, you don't know where it is and there is no description of the journey of that particular train.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, lDestinyl said:

It would be great to have a map on a tablet in the cabin. Just need to be inspired by reality. 🙂

DISAF_1.jpg

DISAF_2.jpg

tablettt.jpg

On simrail.app EDR you have such a screen now since 1.3 it looks like this and was inspired by the Czech driver app 🙂 You can put it on a tablet it should work fine image.thumb.png.329c944f1d35a7d6252fb3a9ef721647.png

To access it, you need to click EDR, select your server then instead of "Stations" select "Train" 🙂 

I hope this helps !

6 minutes ago, DeadlyKungFu.Ninja said:

On simrail.app EDR you have such a screen now since 1.3 it looks like this and was inspired by the Czech driver app 🙂 You can put it on a tablet it should work fine image.thumb.png.329c944f1d35a7d6252fb3a9ef721647.png

To access it, you need to click EDR, select your server then instead of "Stations" select "Train" 🙂 

I hope this helps !

Yes, but some basic form must be in play. A less experienced player doesn't know that. If I just want to play there for 30 minutes, I don't want to have to set everything up. This just has to be ingame.

1 minute ago, lDestinyl said:

Yes, but some basic form must be in play. A less experienced player doesn't know that. If I just want to play there for 30 minutes, I don't want to have to set everything up. This just has to be ingame.

Yes but I am not sure if a driver app is in use in the simulated trains of the game or in Poland.
I know in France, Czech republic and Germany we have such apps but I don't really know if they widespread in Poland (maybe some companies have them and orther not ?)
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1422130/ss_6813606d1e395c0c3293afe7b3e34971a78a2865.1920x1080.jpg?t=1677663109
Some of the ingame screen display paper timetable, so that's why I don't know.

I know it is planned to have the timetables as paper version in game at some point.

However yes, when SDK is available it would be cool to replicate the driving experience of our countries in game, including the driver app our railways use ! 🙂 

I use the new EDR trains screen a bit now, would it be possible to add "ph" for station stops and if possible the radio channel change points (unless the later is a manual thing!) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DeadlyKungFu.Ninja said:

Yes but I am not sure if a driver app is in use in the simulated trains of the game or in Poland.
I know in France, Czech republic and Germany we have such apps but I don't really know if they widespread in Poland (maybe some companies have them and orther not ?)
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1422130/ss_6813606d1e395c0c3293afe7b3e34971a78a2865.1920x1080.jpg?t=1677663109
Some of the ingame screen display paper timetable, so that's why I don't know.

I know it is planned to have the timetables as paper version in game at some point.

However yes, when SDK is available it would be cool to replicate the driving experience of our countries in game, including the driver app our railways use ! 🙂 

I saw a tablet with a timetable in Maszyna, but I don't know if it's according to reality. We've strayed a bit from APP and I with the tablet. According to the author (and I think so too) you need to already see in the Menu the complete data of what you are about to get into. Where it is going from, length, WEIGHT and where it is in the current situation. In my opinion this MUST be implemented into the game by the developers to make the game accessible to the "normal user".  

• I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 1:14 AM, DazT said:

The real skill is watching a train spawn in on simrail.app map and trying to be fastest finger first when it finally appears on the multiplayer list on the Sim and just hoping you get the train you're after before anyone else does, I've only been burnt a few times where someone has just managed to steal it first, literally by seconds! 

Yes, that is very much the way to do it. Especially if one likes do drive the complete route. I've spent a lot of time staring at Katowice or Warsaw stations waiting for an AI train to appear so I can nab it in time... It would be nice to have departure timetables for in game stations, and maybe also the ability to "reserve" a train that's soon to appear on the map in the multiplayer train selection screen. Don't know how well that would work when the server gets busy though, we might never be able to grab a train 😉

Edited by jayzhead
  • I agree 1