[EN] Timetables and speed limits

RWag64

Here is a zip containing the timetables of all trains and speed limits, not taken from developers, but having been manually noted.

Actually, it's a manual job to retrieve the timetable for a train, but I hope that someone can create a script to automate this process (included are the csv files for that).

A Readme file is included.

Change log (version 3.1 - 23/02/2023) :

- Horn Mileage

- Line Number

- Real Origin / destination of all trains.

Full timetable v3.1.zip

Edited by RWag78
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 10
  • I agree 1

it's just wedged between the laptop screen and the 10 inch android tablet that's in a Brodit mount for now 🙂 

I will be designing and 3D printing a backing plate and slit light soon, and will have it mounted properly to the 10 inch tablets mount in roughly the same position it is in now.

The idea is to make it look like the paper schedule holder in the EU07
So i need to find out the shade of green the EU07 is painted inside, then get some paint mixed up that i can spray the kindle mount once i've 3D printed it, and also paint the front frame of the kindle to make it look as much like it's the actual schedule holder out of the train as i can.

• Thanks 1

Here is my updated version of the Timetables and Speed Limits.

Now, you have a full timetable, with mileage and speed limits on one sheet.

This is always based on a generic schedule, beginning at 0:00.

There is also included a CSV file for everyone who want to use the datas to create a working timetable for each train.

(see the first post of this thread)

Edited by RWag78
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • I agree 2

One day when we can access data from the sim, maybe someone can do some magic with excel that will auto change the times for the relevant timetable to match the train's time you are driving. 

but now, i'm going to try and find the times the EC411xx and EC141xx trains start throughout the day, and change the times to match, then do the same with the 'TLK' ones... basically the passenger trains hauled by the EU/EP07, which is all i drive, 
Then i will have a stack of timetables on the kindle i can flip through to find the relevant one.

:

On the subject of the kindle, if anyone does what i did and uses one to show the timetables, in my photo i am displaying a picture of the timetable on the kindle,  as pdf's will not show full screen on these e-ink kindles, 
But like an idiot i pressed the 'update kindle' button, and it updated from firmware 5.9.2 to 5.15.1, and they have taken away the ability to view image files it seems, 

Also, kindles switch to the 'screensaver' screen after 10 minutes of not being touched, to that'll be annoying having to keep the kindle alive, so i'm looking at getting a Kobo e-ink reader, as those have such niceties as being able to turn off the screen timeout (bod knows why kindle e-inks do this, it's not like you can get screen burn or displaying text instead of an image is worse for it) 
but the kobo e-ink readers can also display image files easily and other things the kindles can't (except read DRM'd kindle books, but i wont be using a Kobo for that)

Below is the layout i was working on for the basic timetable, alternately coloured lines to help read across the line, and i put the stations to stop at in bold text.

1027778484_EC14100.jpg.a75e6c58da5fa779668900b2f63896f2.jpg

Can someone who speaks Polish tell me the correct words for 'Depart' and 'Arrive' ?  as trying google translate i keep getting different answers. 

46 minut temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

Can someone who speaks Polish tell me the correct words for 'Depart' and 'Arrive' ?  as trying google translate i keep getting different answers. 

In the context of the train timetable, it will be:

• Depart - Odjazd
  • Arrive - Przyjazd
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, cheers for that, 

Going through the stations now adding the Polish letters, like ₺ for ₺azy ...

PowerToys for windows has a handy thing where you hold down a letter and press space or arrow keys, and it displays a list of 'foreign' letters to choose from. as british keyboards have no accents at all. 

Now if i could figure out excel, i'd imagine there's a way to tell it to adjust the times in the columns by adding xx minutes / hours to all times... but by the time i read all the tutorials, i could have probably entered the times manually.

Been playing about in excel and got a layout i like, bod what a pain it is to try and get things sized to show on a kindle e-ink screen as a pdf file, stupid thing will crop the bottom few lines off if it's too long, always has to show you the percentage you are through the 'book' at the bottom and crap like that (i've ordered myself a Kobo Clara HD off ebay, that should be a lot easier to work with)

After a few hours i came up with this:

339344636_14100page1.thumb.jpg.b7e5c7dd9c21b1b333d46854b19a0629.jpg 

This is where i split the timetable to fit on the kindle screen, the dashed lines at the bottom tell me the timetable continues on another page, dashed box at the top of the next page tells me i'm viewing a continuation of the timetable. 
The double lines reaching over to the speed box tells me the hectometer boards have changed because i've changed tracks.  

I likely have some of the stations spelled wrong when i put the Polish letters in them, i used a polish text translator and fed it the names in english letters, and chose it's first suggestion.

317648633_14100page2.thumb.jpg.9b12fce82b36a716ca43ae11667a0cf7.jpg

The timetable carries on for another 2 pages, the last page being only 8 lines long, would probably have fitted in 3 pages... but the kindle wont play ball.

Now to try and find out the times the trains depart over the day in SimRail (i think the EDR timetable for dispatchers has that data) but next i will alter the times to make a schedule that matches the workings i'm likely to drive, i'm sure there's a way to program excel so you can tell it to offset all the numbers by xx hours and minutes, but i only started playing with excel yesterday 🤓

I'm only showing here what can be done with the data, none of this would be possible without RWag78's hard work making the timetables and speed limit data by hand.

• Thanks 3

Is the data extracted by driving the routes and noting things down?  or by extracting the timetable data from the simulator somehow? 

i played in excel and made a very basic sheet for one single service.. the 141XX EC service, i can select the service number from a dropdown menu, and it will apply the relevant hours offset to the timetable as well as add the service number into it in 4 places... needed as i then save it as a 4 page pdf that i load to my kindle (in the screenshot atatched)

So today i had my first full drive using the timetable, i drove the 14131 EC service starting at 15:33, and drove to the end at 19:12 (~3 hours and 40 minutes... with one server reset at about 17:15 (UK time).. i hopped straight back into the same train after the reset) 

It was awesome having the timetable to help me drive with, tho i had a few issues with missing or blank hectometre boards in SimRail, so i had to rely on the HUD to know where i was for ~40 km.

But the thing i noticed was the distances in the timetable could be off by 2 or 3 km sometimes, other times they are spot on to the decimal point on the boards.

This isn't helped by that thing SimRail does where i think it switches to higher resolution distance units when you are ~ 4 km from a station or post,  it'll say you have ~2Km to go, then jump to 3.99km and count down.... BUT i notice that for stations this is correct, a the end of the shown ~4 km is your stop, 
But at timing posts it can be showing ~2 km to go then you pass the actual post, then it jumps onto the distance to the next one. 

So i'm thinking if the distance data is from the sim, then this thing where it's saying still ~2km to go to posts could be why some distances are out? 

Excel timetable sheet.jpg

• Like 1

All my datas are taken when driving the route (nothing with the internal datas of the simulator).

I've seen all the little problems you describe, and I've done my best to give the "most" correct values, but sometimes, it was very difficult (missing  hectometers, changing the distance of a station from 2 km to the station to 4 km to the station, and so on ...).

Another thing I've seen is that the mileage of a station is at the end of the station in the direction of the train (and I didn't always change this, because I've seen that some days ago only). Some stations are very long with their sidings, nearly 1 km (example Opoczno Poludnie). For the mileage of a station, I often take the distance in the upper-right corner of the screen (which is correct in one way, and incorrect in the other way). Sometimes, I have the chance to have some hectometers boards just in the vicinity of the station.

I will try to drive again the main route from Katowice to Warszawa to find the correct mileage of the stations on the other way.

I know it's not perfect and I hope that the developpers will give us real datas.

Edited by RWag78

oh, please don't think i was in anyway having a go or complaining, 

To know you drove all the routes and took down the data manually... wow, that's enthusiasm there, 👍👍👍
I was wondering if the data was machine extracted, and so it could have been that weird thing we see where SimRail says there's still 2km to goto a timing point when we pass it that made some distances out.

:

:

I remember when TS-MFD was made to give us a working German style EBuLa displayed on a tablet in about 2017 (only works with train sim classic, but it's similar i believe to the one used in Zusi 3)
That had access to the trains 'GPS' position along the route directly from the computer, so it was accurate in time and distance,
So to make a timetable you drove the route and clicked a button as you passed every item that was of interest, points, signals, hectometer board changes, stations etc, 
it logged the distance traveled from the start and the time you pressed the relevant button, and could auto populate a basic timetable from that,
Then you refined it by driving a few more times and changing things as needed, just needing stopping times to be added to make a full timetabled EBuLa.

But that took some serious programming skills i imagine, plus train sim classic ran scenarios, not a daily timetable, 

that and there is no way atm to get the trains position directly from the computer, getting it from the servers has lag (deliberately introduced i believe?) plus wouldnt want to add extra load on the servers by asking to data all the time.

I begin to know a little more about the stations mileage shifting 2 km before passing :

- If the station has no siding (stay on two tracks), there is no shift in the distance.

- If the station has sidings, the first "distance to station" (some kilometers before the station) is the beginning of the sidings (end of two tracks) and it's also the place where the program  says "you passed this station in time (or "other"). The second "distance to station" (just before reaching the station) is the end of the platform (if there is one) or the end of the sidings (return to 2 tracks).

I've just found here a web site with the real mileage (kilometers) of all the lines in Poland (used by Simrail).

I will update all these informations in all my timetables.

https://semaforek.kolej.org.pl/wiki/index.php?title=Wykaz_linii_kolejowych_(Id12)

Edited by RWag78

uetam posted this on Discord the other day:

image.thumb.png.d58f8cd2fb8d93069eadf68bb43fde29.png

which appears to be a copy of the actual time tables used by polish engine drivers.

Which is very reminiscent of the german "Blattfahrplan/Buchfahrplan". I made one in Exel a while back for a scenario in Train Simulator, and I can see how this could be altered to be used in Simrail:

image.thumb.png.b54da0d3576dffc8840236630869a7aa.png

Edited by Locomotiveman 1994

i wonder why i get my distances upto 3 km out in some places, weird. 

I 'think' that timetable above could be from the MaSzyna simulator? 

I've been messing about in excel myself, trying to make something similar based on a few PKP timetables i found on google,   i'm making my timetables to fit my kobo e-ink reader (so much better than a kindle)   and this is part way through what i've go so far:

1885063882_Timetablesample.thumb.jpg.2a441781b9659fb6fde9d3c5557caa59.jpg

Searching for 'PKP SKRT octopus' on google image search brings up a link that is a pdf telling you about the actual software used by the railways to generate these timetables, 

I wonder if we would be able to get a timetable from them (i checked the site it's hosted on 'vpe.hu' and it looks to be similar to the German railways system for a customer to book a load onto a train, where it will give you timetable info as part of searching for the train you want to book,  but that would rely on the SimRail timetable being the same as a real one, and ATM i 'think' it may be a simple timetable for bug finding. 

Edited by Gazz292
Change picture

Hi guys,

Wow, nice stuff.

I also started working on a project to generate them, but the progress is slow as I have little time to spend on this.

The project is on https://github.com/piotrkilczuk/simrail-skrj, it's mostly the abstraction layer that has been done. Now the next step would be the mundane translation of example timetables to a fodt which can be used as a template to generate the pdfs.

I'm attaching the example timetable for an EC from Warsaw to Bohumin, but only up to Grodzisk for now.

Does anyone want to get involved?

EIE_14138.pdf

• Like 4

Excellent work guys!

I came across a speed limit that was not present in this timetable for the 42900 trains. When departing to the east from Wolbrom there's a 40 limit that begins after 20,3 and ends at 20,2. See attached screenshots (1-3)

EDIT: Also, in the same table it seems that the Tunel platform should be at 0,0 and not 1,5 (see images 4 and 5 below)

line-62-wolbrom-jezowka-1.jpg

line-62-wolbrom-jezowka-2.jpg

line-62-wolbrom-jezowka-3.jpg

Looking north-east:

tunel-location-1.thumb.jpg.8dc8bf0fe8ad6ee3fe0de08a08bfb9f3.jpg

Looking south-west:

tunel-location-2.thumb.jpg.7414dcf8c94b2a0153d38df961e560c0.jpg

Edited by weezzah
Added details about Tunel