Signs and Signals found in SimRail printable Guide

Originally posted in the Play test part of the forum, posting here for the new players who have just bought SimRail, This is also the place i will post the latest version... which is : V1.8.1.

I've seen quite a few posts from people on here and discord, asking what some signal or sign means that they have seen when driving in SimRail,
Especially hard to understand can be the Semi-automatic signal aspects, as different combo's of lights mean different things for the signal you are at and the next one ahead.

So i decided to make a guide showing the meaning of the various signal aspects and signs likely to be seen when driving, and i thought others may find this handy.

1469951804_PolishSignsandSignalslandscape.thumb.png.8af5633163aea99b48bdc17fa5ad7cd8.png
The image above is a low quality preview, please print out the high quality version in the .zip file attached

The zip file attached at the bottom contains a portrait and landscape version of the whole guide as seen above, saved in both .png and .pdf formats.
You can print the guide out or display it on a phone / tablet / 2nd monitor, allowing you to look up what that signal or sign was telling you that you just zoomed passed whilst driving in SimRail

The idea of the landscape guide (shown above) is so you can print it out on a sheet of A4 paper and fold it in half, giving you a handy A5 sized guide with the signals on one side and signs on the other side.
Or keep it full sized in either landscape or portrait if you wish.
The .png versions of the full guide are saved at 300 DPI, good enough to print at ~A3 size, i believe the .pdf versions are good for A4 size printing.
If you can, laminating the print out will make it last almost forever (or until mistakes are spotted and i need to re-release the files)

When printing, it might help to set your print settings to 'fit to page keeping aspect ratio' and 'centre on the page' if that's an option.

Alternatively, you can display the guide on a phone or tablet (this is how i use it)
If using a tablet, 2nd screen or large phone, simply displaying the whole guide may be fine, but for a normal sized 'tall and skinny screen' smart phone, it may be too small to read unless you zoom and scroll about the picture.

So i have also made 3 condensed views of the guide arranged for better viewing on a phone screen, you can flip / swipe between the 3 images/pages on your phone and view them in a format that fills a 'typical' smartphone screen as much as possible, however this version does not have the info panels telling you things like passing an automatic block signal at red etc that the full guide has, so i would recommend reading the full sized guide first to see a few explanations about some of the signs and signal types.
The phone images are saved at 150 DPI to reduce their file sizes, so older phones don't have take their time rendering the image fully each time you flip between the pages.

I have included the ETCS signs on the full and phone sized versions, and semaphore signals on the phone version, the latter was mostly to fill space from arranging the signals across 2 phone sized pages, but i have seen a mechanical shunting signal 'M1' in SimRail already, and the ETCS signs are in place along the line, but we don't drive the trains in ETCS mode yet.

The 'Printing or Displaying the pictures' Read Me file explains how to 'use' the images with more detail / waffle.
The 'Understanding the guide ' Read Me file has some info on a few Polish railway rules and how to read the semi-automatic signals.

There is also a folder called 'Textless guides for translation'  inside this folder are the 2 full guides plus the phone sized ones with the graphics but empty text boxes, the idea being people can add the text below the pictures in their native language then share the translated guide with others (If you translate the guide , could you please post it in this thread)
You can open the .png versions in an image editor, then add you translated text over the empty boxes, or use a PDF editor and you should be able to type directly into the text boxes.

Big thanks to jmluengor for the idea of a pdf version to edit, and he has posted the Spanish version a few posts below this one.

----------------------

Sorry for the poor quality of the 2 photo's below, i will update them with better versions when i can borrow my girlfriends much newer phone camera.1170836308_Photosofcheatsheet.thumb.png.c0d8c331997779f117d6522cafa45212.png

And below is an animated .gif showing the 3 pages that make up the phone sized pages showing the signals and signs as if you were flipping between them.
1722595809_PhoneFlip.thumb.gif.508e9a9fdb68b606ed078c9b601538c8.gif

The small print:

I have drawn all the signal and signs myself in Inkscape as vectors, but i based the signals and signs on other peoples work, listed below:

The signal aspect images are based on the ones on the polish railway signals Wikipedia page : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_railway_signalling
That page has a creative commons 3 license (CC BY-SA 3.0) : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ 
Which means i am allowed to re-mix and distribute the content as long as i reference the page i based my version on, and link to the relevant CC3 license.

The sign images are based on the ones shown on : http://pkprepo.net/wskazniki-kolejowe-pkp-epoka-vc/
That page has a creative commons 4 license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
Which means that i needed permission to "Re-mix, Transform or Build Upon'' the content, i have been granted that permission by E-Mail from the author of the website.

Change log for V1.8.1:
Corrected a miss labeled signal (Osp 1) that should be Osp 2.
All content available in .png and ,pdf formats.
Added ETCS signs and the GSM-R signs.
Text less guides for translating are available in full guide landscape and portrait format, and the 3 pages that make up the condensed phones version.

1913687062_SignsandSignalsinSimRailGuideV1.8.1.zip

Edited by Gazz292
Added ETCS signs, full sheets and phone sized ones now in textless versions for translating, and included both .png and .pdf file versions of everything... corrected a mis-labeled signal Osp 2.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 10

I found a mistake in the phone versions of the guide, where i'd labeled the 'Crossing Signals both as Osp 1,

Osp1 is the 2 horizontal yellow lights that warn you the crossing ahead is not secured, so you must do no more than 20 km/h as you pass over the crossing (no lights at all must be treated as Osp 1 as well)
Osp 2 is the 2 vertical white lights that means the crossing is secured, and you can proceed as normal.

I've also renamed the 'cheat sheets' to 'guide' as that makes more sense in other languages.
A new .zip file is on the first page with the corrected stuff in it... new names for some folders due to the change of name from cheat sheets to guide.