Early access content list.

Aero1995
Go to solution Solved by Szociu,

I really hope for, as this feature is the main reason for me to buy the sim. Quite a long time ago, I did work on a Station with mechanical interlocking in real life. I'm interested how similar or far apart polish and austrian mech. interlockings are.

• Like 4

• SIMRAIL Team
7 godzin temu, Bence napisał(a):

If you have some free time, can you write me a list of which new dispatch points will be available in Friday's release ? Thanks!  @uetam

As for now I dont have full list of new dispatch points.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Boba Fatt:

If the 13th it's an Early Access release, then we have been lied to by the RoadMap and there would be a distinct lack of transparency from the devs that I'm starting to not like.

image.thumb.png.a23c36bfd6ac891b9e0317979d1756e0.png

they have mention at a stream before the roadmap and the playtests that the game comes out in early access ^^

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Boba Fatt:

If the 13th it's an Early Access release, then we have been lied to by the RoadMap and there would be a distinct lack of transparency from the devs that I'm starting to not like.

I already criticised this when the single player mode started and was nothing other than the Prolouge! Even without communication with the community. I haven't tested this game since then either. It is certainly good, but lies and no communication from the developers is simply shameful. I might give this game another chance in 2-3 years. Until then, the "developers" will not see any money from me.

• Haha 4
  • I agree 2

Gee I better not become a serious developer with what everone else is thinking 🙂  I've tried my best not to worry about what other people are thinking, and get in senseless arguments.  But I will say this and leave it alone.

A roadmap is a plan period.  This is a playtest so anything that is here is subject to change.  The team is from Poland and the fact that they are able to communicate as much as they can shows they are trying.  Nobody in another country is going to hold an English developer accountable if they have difficulty communicating with a community, or don't answer every question to your pleasure.

As for when it's available for purchase that is a decision you make with your money.  You are buying software as is and because it's Early Access it's subject to change.  The massive majority of the time it gets better or anything that is broken gets fixed.  

They obviously are not at a point to release a full version game and I think they knew this as early as the Q&A of a few months ago (because EA was mentioned).  They have continued to fix bugs yet somehow they are liars becaus they didn't meet a published goal.

If you're so offended by what a team is doing, then get off the computer.  Go out for a walk, spend time with nature.  Nothing on a computer should cause misery in your life.  There are enough real issues in the real world we face about worrying about not meeting their goals.  This continues to be a great simulator and will figure out what needs to be done.

Thanks

Sean

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • I agree 4

Let's not forget that a delayed game will eventually be good and a rushed game be forever bad.

The EA status is the best that could happend for SimRail imo, it will let players know that bugs are to be expected and things are still being worked on. I think the playtest did not go exactly as the developpers thinked and they had either the choice of delaying the game further, or releasing it in Ealy Access.

As I am very happy with the playtest even if it has issue, I am glad I can still enjoy the game for more after 13th janurary and have more friends join.

A software is hard to debug,
A game is harder to debug,
A Multiplayer Game is the hardest to debug.

And a multiplayer game needs players and humain mistakes to happend to be incrementally fixed if you don't have AAA budget for a thousands of tester. (And even AAA still needs to run PTRs and EAs)

Full support to the SimRail team, I am already a fan of your work!

Edited by DeadlyKungFu.Ninja
english
  • Like 8
  • I disagree 1
  • Haha 1

In the dev Q&A a while back they said the game will release in Early Access.  A playtest is the same playtest as for any game,  players are invited to play the game before release to test and report bugs. We have playtested the game before release. 

That release, as stated will be Early Access. A playtest is NOT  Early Access. 

Yes, on the roadmap it does  say "full release", but I think that's an oversight on their part. It means the game  comes out of playtests and releases on the store. That release will be EA. 

Nobody has lied. Sure they're not the best at communication  but to say they have lied is simply  out of order!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know that steam adds their own crap with estimated release dates that are nothing to do with the software devs, it's just steam giving people a date to shut them up constantly begging 'when will this be out'

They also put in other stuff, and usually the word 'early release' gets a link to some of steams own wording on what to expect, and that is often nothing like what the actual devs had planned.... unless the devs change that link to their own.
Which has been done now... i'm talking about stuff on steam's pages 6 months to a year ago where it seems some people have got their information from.

A lot of people follow the 'if it's written on the internet, it must be true'  and throw their toys out their pram when they don't get thing as 'steam' said they would.

Then we get all the people going:

'well this isn't good enough, i'm going back to tsw' 
'you have just lost a paying customer'
'you said this would release a year ago, it's still not ready, just give me access to it now so i can make a youtube video moaning how it's unfinished and buggy and everyone should avoid it'

If only developing software was as easy as some people think, that all code works perfectly first time, that fixing one thing never breaks another.

So, those people moaning SimRail is not what you expected, please show me the train driving simulator you have made,  let's see 'how it should be done' in your perfect world where everyone gets exactly what they want.

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team
  • Solution

To dispel any doubts.
The playtest that players have received is not an early access version.
The version that will be released on 13.01 will be a full version, and the early access designation is because it may still contain some bugs and omissions, because during the playtests we had to focus on multiplayer fixes and we were not able to complete all the milestones.
From the very beginning, we said that in the first phase, the full version will be marked as early access, due to the very high unpredictability of players' behavior in multiplayer mode and the problems that may arise from this.

The early access description you see on Steam is for the version that will be released on 13.01, but Steam requires the descriptions to be prepared and approved in advance.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8
  • I agree 4

55 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

So, those people moaning SimRail is not what you expected, please show me the train driving simulator you have made,  let's see 'how it should be done' in your perfect world where everyone gets exactly what they want.

I don't need to show my train game creation skills buddy. I worked on the real thing, for more years than you have had hot dinners 🤣 🤣 😉

• Haha 3
  • I agree 1

28 minutes ago, Szociu said:

To dispel any doubts.
The playtest that players have received is not an early access version.
The version that will be released on 13.01 will be a full version, and the early access designation is because it may still contain some bugs and omissions, because during the playtests we had to focus on multiplayer fixes and we were not able to complete all the milestones.
From the very beginning, we said that in the first phase, the full version will be marked as early access, due to the very high unpredictability of players' behavior in multiplayer mode and the problems that may arise from this.

The early access description you see on Steam is for the version that will be released on 13.01, but Steam requires the descriptions to be prepared and approved in advance.

This kind of answer is exactly what I needed, thank you and keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can assure you it is NOT easy developing a sim because I can barely get out of the starting gates.  I graduated about 30 years ago in IT from college and despite that training it's much different than programming business systems that simply deal with relational databases etc.  The whole technology has changes and continues to evolve.  It is much different when I could program games for a Commodore 64 and actually make some progress.

Thanks

Sean

i think the last time i tried 'programming' for a computer was copying the code from the C64 magazine to make a 'ski-ing 'simulator'
took me almost a week to correct most of the spelling mistakes in the 2 A4 pages of code, but i could never find all the misplaced :'s or ;'s etc, so whilst my 8 bit stick man ski'd down the screen and moved left and right on command, the crash detection didn't work as i could pass through all the slalom flags.

i realised them programming wasn't for me, my brain just isn't wired that way.
I can manage a little basic code for programming arduino's, but i'm really more of a mechanical / electronics guy, hence my little hobby workshop has my lathe, mill, tig welder, pcb etch tank, soldering stuff, boxes and boxes of old electronics i will harvest for parts... one day.

and i rely on others for help with code for arduinos / stm's etc, and buy software ready made by others.

I have a lot of respect for those who can 'speak computer fluently' and make amazing things happen with lines of code,
As well as those who could do a demanding job like driving a train or working as a signaler, or higher up managing the railways (i did try to become a train driver when i was 19, i even had a distant family member who was high up in british railways at York who put in a good word for me, but i failed the medical and that was that, but i likely wouldn't have made the grade anyway, as i'm useless at remembering things.... should i be doing 125 mph here or 20.. what was the last speed sign, damn, where's the sat nav in this train)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

So it is EA which is fair enough. But how complete is SP compared to MP.

I am not a multiplayer type of person. If you require similar players as myself to buy the game.

You need to be clearer in regards what SP will be on 13.01.23

I just want to know if we will be able to save a SP run or scenario in progress. The devs continue to be silent on this issue.

• I agree 2