Dispatcher Bug after Update

Is there an issue with cargo trains? They seem to be the only ones that just sit at reds for hours at their stating locations. AI dispatcher won't give them a clear path. Everytime i join one i wait hours before i give up and leave the server.

I haven't seen the grey boxes in any signal box I have tried, got to rely on looking at the timetable screen.

The only issue coming from that, is the "trains in range" box showing services which aren't on the timetable, or near your signal box. 

Now, does the AI react to a real player delay? I've had AI services be 35 minutes late for no obvious reason. I think that may be the case.

Edited by giBBer8

AI dispatchers do not build a train path at all, even if the station is completely empty, with no trains. Of course the signal is red. The player dispatcher must be physically present at the station and fix everything. It happens on all trains, not just freight trains. But the problem occurs with stations that the dispatcher player cannot control, such as Lazy and other stations where the player cannot be a dispatcher. This morning I was driving EC, I reached Wolszczova Pólnoc station and the signal was red. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. I tried the radio station - nothing. So I switched to the dispatcher, to the station and I look - there was no train anywhere and there were free tracks everywhere.

9 minutes ago, VonShark CZE said:

AI dispatchers do not build a train path at all, even if the station is completely empty, with no trains. Of course the signal is red. The player dispatcher must be physically present at the station and fix everything. It happens on all trains, not just freight trains. But the problem occurs with stations that the dispatcher player cannot control, such as Lazy and other stations where the player cannot be a dispatcher. This morning I was driving EC, I reached Wolszczova Pólnoc station and the signal was red. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened. I tried the radio station - nothing. So I switched to the dispatcher, to the station and I look - there was no train anywhere and there were free tracks everywhere.

so this is an issue with any train that spawns in an AI controlled area then? pretty much won't have a playable service im assuming. Been sitting in a yard at a red for almost 2 hours and nothing. other trains around me waiting the same fate. Hoping that when the full game launches this won't be an issues as i've heard all locations will have a human dispatcher. Not sure if that's fully correct, though. 😕

Human dispatcher causing right now mostly 70-80% of the problems, because everyone changing direction of the block until the stations are totally blocked. You can check multiple servers right now. At least 5-6 servers are broken by stupid dispatchers, which clicking on everything what they see.

Edited by TheFloxiCz

11 minutes ago, TheFloxiCz said:

Human dispatcher causing right now mostly 70-80% of the problems, because everyone changing direction of the block until the stations are totally blocked. You can check multiple servers right now. At least 5-6 servers are broken by stupid dispatchers, which clicking on everything what they see.

Well no. I read that an acceptance from the following block had to be granted before changing direction of the block?

Anyway, with new drivers who haven't a clue (and jumping off at random for a walk round) and new signallers who haven't a clue (and also walking round for a screeny), things are going to be delayed. 

Wha'da'ya' know, railway stuff isn't that easy.

16 minutes ago, TheFloxiCz said:

That is absolutely true. More than once I have corrected errors, that someone made there. The AI can't deal with it, if there are a lot of errors and no train is running.

5 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

Well no. I read that an acceptance from the following block had to be granted before changing direction of the block?

Anyway, with new drivers who haven't a clue (and jumping off at random for a walk round) and new signallers who haven't a clue (and also walking round for a screeny), things are going to be delayed. 

nope, it isn't. but tutorials are very much needed and hopefully are implemented upon launch.

Can only imagine the disaster that will occur if this launches without them. The learning curve is just way too steep. 

• I agree 1

2 minuty temu, Pixelade napisał(a):

nope, it isn't. but tutorials are very much needed and hopefully are implemented upon launch.

Can only imagine the disaster that will occur if this launches without them. The learning curve is just way too steep. 

In the final release MP will be limited, based on scoring, from what I know.

• I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team
52 minuty temu, giBBer8 napisał(a):

I haven't seen the grey boxes in any signal box I have tried, got to rely on looking at the timetable screen.

The only issue coming from that, is the "trains in range" box showing services which aren't on the timetable, or near your signal box. 

Now, does the AI react to a real player delay? I've had AI services be 35 minutes late for no obvious reason. I think that may be the case.

Yes, grey boxes are missing and this is bug not a feature. We will try to restore them in Nonday 😉

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

I see how "AI dispatcher" mananing these change of the block(s). Today, I wanted to play, but I cannot, because at least 5 servers are completely blocked due to this changes of block(s). And you cannot send the train back - this is a big problem now. If it can drive back to the station, you can change block(s) back to normal (this is not possible right now).

Now, they are only standing before the station until it will get completely cloged. That's the reality.

My theory is that human dispatchers are causing a delay or wrong routing and that when an AI box gets overloaded it can't handle it.  The reason I say that is I've been on some less busy servers that have no issues.  It's usually the popular or busy servers like EN2 for example in North America that get buggered up.

But I've seen what appears to be sabotage in some boxes as well.  It's hard to pinpoint who is doing it and motive if not trying to fix it.  I was able to restore some functions but others were out of my control as the other box to my left at Lazy on AI had a huge freight backup and would not request a track electronically and kept verbally asking for clearance then caneling that request.  I had no way to grant any access.

Anyways not complaining it's a growing pain and I just want to be through in my observations and theories.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean,

Yeah you tried your best at Lazy lc, sorry I kept messaging you offering help as I went in there after you and I couldn’t cancel the direction arrow facing the wrong way, apparently only the Lazy AI dispatch could change that and they didn’t.

We've seen Katowice AI dispatcher offering trains to KW via line 3 this evening. Is this a new thing?

It's a bit awkward as you have to accept, reverse the line lock and provide a Sz to get the train into KW, then offer your next line 3 train to Katowice to get the line lock back to right hand running. 

Just now, Bescot said:

We've seen Katowice AI dispatcher offering trains to KW via line 3 this evening. Is this a new thing?

It's a bit awkward as you have to accept, reverse the line lock and provide a Sz to get the train into KW, then offer your next line 3 train to Katowice to get the line lock back to right hand running. 

I think this is a new... bug?It also keeps cancelling, asking for a clear track. In this case track nº3.