Summary of the week [Swedish route]

Please note that we are not affiliated with SimKol.

In Swedish below / På svenska längre ner

What is this?

We are a team of two working on a simrail route DLC centered on Sweden. We want to give a summary on what we have been working on the latest week. You might ask yourself how we are doing this as the route editor is not out yet. That is a very good question, what we are doing is preparing as many 3d models as we can of trains, buildings, signals ect. This will lead to us being ready to work on the route when the editor is out and much quicker to get this DLC done.

What are you adding?

Sweden is quite a big country so we had to select what we wanted to pack into this DLC. We are still not sure how much content we will get into this one DLC but we have decided on what to start working on. We have decided to work on part of the southern mainline (Stockholm - Malmö) as well as the entire Nyköpings line (Stockholm - Norrköping). We want to build the route from Stockholm - Linköping using both of these lines. This route would cover a bunch of partial services as well as a few complete ones. 

Models:

• U / End of platform sign created

• Signal identifier sign created

• “deadly current” sign created

• “life-threatening” sign created

• 4-aspect signal created

• Work started on Stadler Dosto model

Other:

• Work started on ATC API (Swedish safety system)

image.thumb.png.812d1cb7b8faa2cdd3957ebc1518ba81.png

Note: models might change at any point

“I would love to join this project!”

Please note that this is a hobby project and we do not offer any pay as of the time being but we want to make sure that everyone who has helped gets their fair share in the end.

We are searching for:
3D model makers using blender

Project leader, being able to structure the project

C developer for ATC API

As we are not paying we are not asking for 5+ years of experience, we did not ourselves know blender before we started this project. Experience is a bonus but as long as you can do the work, we do not care. Due to this only being a hobby project, we do not have harsh deadlines.

If you are interested in joining our team please send an email to sparkleskontakt@gmail.com with some information about yourself, why you wanna join as well as what you bring to the table such as previous experiences and projects. You can also send an email in case you have pictures or similar that you believe would be beneficial to us.

Reminder: This is just a hobby project and no money or payment will be involved if you apply. You should only apply if you want to help us out for fun :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Vad är detta?

Vi är ett team av två som jobbar på en svensk rutt till Simrail. Vi vill ge er sammanfattning av vad vi gjort under veckan. Du kanske undrar hur vi gör en rutt när rutt editorn inte har släppts än, det vi har gjort är att börja förbereda oss med så många 3d modeller som möjligt inför när editorn släpps. Detta gör att vi kommer att vara redo när editorn har släppts och kommer göra att vi mycket fortare kan få ut rutten.

Vad lägger vi till?

Sverige är ett ganska stort land så vi behövde välja vad vi vill trycka in i detta DLC. Vi är fortfarande inte riktigt säkra på hur mycket innehåll vi kommer få in i detta DLC men vi har bestämt oss för vad vi vill börja jobba på. Vi har valt att jobba på en del av södra stambanan (Stockholm - Malmö) samt hela Nyköpingsbanan (Stockholm - Norrköping). Vi vill bygga rutten Stockholm - Linköping med hjälp av dessa 2 linjer. Denna rutt innehåller massor av tåg, några få kommer att köra hela vägen. 

Modeller:

• U / slut av platform skylt skapad

• Signal identifieringsskylt skapad

• “Livsfarlig ledning” skylt skapad

• “Livsfara” skylt skapad

• 4-ljus signal skapad

• Arbete påbörjat på Stadler Dosto modell

Other:

• Arbete påbörjat på ATC API

image.thumb.png.812d1cb7b8faa2cdd3957ebc1518ba81.png

Notera: modeller kan ändras när som helst

“Jag skulle älska att gå med i detta projekt!”

Vänligen notera att detta endast är ett hobbyprojekt och vi erbjuder ingen betalning för det nuvarande. Vi vill se till att alla som hjälpt till får sin bit i slutändan.

Vi letar efter:

3D modellerare i blender

Projekt ledare som kan strukturera projektet

C utvecklare för ATC API:n

Eftersom vi inte erbjuder någon form av betalning så kräver vi inte att man har 5+ års erfarenhet. Vi själva kunde inte ens blender innan detta projekt. Erfarenhet är en bonus men så länge du kan utföra jobbet så bryr vi oss inte direkt. På grund av att det är endast ett hobbyprojekt så har vi inga krävande deadlines.

Om du är intresserad av att gå med i vårt team, hör vänligen av dig till sparkleskontakt@gmail.com med lite information om dig själv, varför du vill gå med samt vad du bidrar med, skriv gärna om tidigare erfarenheter och projekt. Du kan också skicka ett mail ifall du skulle ha bilder eller liknande som du tror hade hjälpt oss.

Edited by Sparkles
Text color fix
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, adisuper said:

Change  the color of  letters

Sorry about that, was running dark mode and when pasting from the document they got mixed. Will fix

As a neighbor I support this effort 👏 Would love to see Swedish content down the road. ATC would be very useful on Norwegian railroad to.

Wish you lot of success on your project!

Edited by Deadlost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a formerly frequent traveller on this route, I'd be very happy to see it. I'm just a bit worried that every state in Europe will do their "main routes" and we'll end up with a bunch of corridors with no local one way lines, etc. 😂

Anyway, how about expanding this to Kastrup? The bridge route would obviously be very attractive and if the map ended at the airport, you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of modelling the rather complicated Copenhagen scenery. In terms of variety, I think Kastrup would be a bit more interesting in Norrköpping (though that's exciting too!).

Edited by the810

7 hours ago, the810 said:

As a formerly frequent traveller on this route, I'd be very happy to see it. I'm just a bit worried that every state in Europe will do their "main routes" and we'll end up with a bunch of corridors with no local one way lines, etc. 😂

Anyway, how about expanding this to Kastrup? The bridge route would obviously be very attractive and if the map ended at the airport, you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of modelling the rather complicated Copenhagen scenery. In terms of variety, I think Kastrup would be a bit more interesting in Norrköpping (though that's exciting too!).

Thank you for the feedback, going to Linköping is just our first goal, we are still not sure where we will stop. :)

• Like 1