Late evening train from Katowice to Sosnowiec Główny (including shunting)

jeroezie

Scenario

Drive in the late evening an passenger train from Katowice to Sosnowiec Główny via Sosnowiec Południowy. Then, drive empty stock back to Katowice Zawodzie and shunt your train to an track at the workshop.

The scenario includes shunting with EN57 stock at the beginning and end of the scenario. AI driven trains are present and takes about 50 minutes to complete the scenario.

Installation

Unzip the "KO_SG_KZ_44698.zip" archive in your `Steam\steamapps\common\SimRail\SimRail_Data\StreamingAssets\Sceneries\1_KatowiceWarszawa\Scenarios` folder.

Known problems

The game mechanic for changing between shunting and train mode only works if you stand still and the next signal is cleared. You can check if you are in shunting or train mode, if you look at the max allowed speed it will be 25 km/h when shunting. If its wrong, don't pass the signal but stop an extra time.

A couple of times the signal trigger at Sosnowiec Główny did not work properly, if the signal is not cleared at 01:19, put the reverser in reverse and then back to normal driving, the signal should clear.

I would like to hear your feedback!

I hope you all like the scenario.

KO_SG_KZ_44698.zip

Edited by jeroezie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

First of all, thanks for the scenario!
I'm always happy to see shorter stuff like this since my time for playing is usually quite limited. Therefore until they give us checkpoint saving (as promised in the full release), I'm mostly unable to play the longer scenarios 😕
From the little things: there's a typo right in the second dialog (quiet). Consider putting such text into an editor with spellcheck enabled before copying/pasting into the game files, saves a lot of hussle later with stuff like this 🙂

From more pressing issues: I can't seem to get the go ahead from the very first signal box at the Katowice station. From your description I can see I'm stuck in shunting, but can't seem to change it to train mode. Most likely it's my lack of knowledge of the EN57, I'll try to figure out what I'm missing.

Thanks for your feedback.

For the departure at Katowice, the signal is programmed for 2 conditions to be met.

1. The train is facing towards the signal M10, towards Katowice Zawidzie;

2. Its 90 seconds or less (if I remember correctly, I am at work now) before the scheduled departure time.

For the first condition, it is important that the driving cabin is set up correctly and the non driving cabin is disabled correctly. 

Make shure to disable an driving cabin:

Put the reverser in the 'disabled' position;

Put the brake lever in the 'disabled ' position,make shure to apply the breakes before disabling them;

Turn the cabin off by switching the operating power of the cabin off (the only double switch on the panel in front of the driver).

You also should nog forget to operate your lamps, doors etcetera but the signal trigger does not check for that.

To activate the other cabin, you do the same thing but the opposite way of course. The EN57 does not really care about the order you do thd things in. Also, the game accept the reverser in both the forward I and forward II position. Even putting the reverser in the backwards position in the rear cabin works fine.

Please let me know whether you get it to work or not. I am also interested, if the amount of time before departure is right or not.

• Like 1

Ok, with your guide I managed to get the signal cleared, depart Katowice and make it all the way until Katowice Zawodzie.

However now I'm a bit confused, since I'm "trapped" between two blue signals and don't exactly understand what I should do to trigger the scenario "ending".
The dialog states that I'm clear to shunt to the final track, but I'm not sure how/where to check which track is it and whether I should just call it a day or is there still something to do to clear the blue stop signals and get the ending screen.

Update: and regarding the amount of time at the stops, those are perfectly fine if you know what you're doing 😉 

I did get confused at one point regarding whether I should switch cabins or not, but I just need to learn to read the charts better. Also I got caught not knowing which speed limit "wins" in a given situation (there's a moment when the signal tells you the limit should be 40, but it's actually still 30 from a sign earlier).

I also got a penalty arriving at Sosnowiec południowy for "opening the door on the wrong side" even though I just stopped and didn't open any doors yet (I was just about to, but I'm pretty sure I haven't pressed anything by mistake).

Finally, I loved the encounter when switching tracks and seeing an oncoming AI train drive from the other direction. For a second there I wasn't sure if I'll take the switch or drive straight into that other train, well timed 🙂

Edited by LeHack

image.thumb.png.0355f7756059a83fcdd8843259b791ec.pngWas this the signal where you got stuck? In testing it did not always clear like it is supposed to do, but I can't reproduce the problem. The scenario I supposed to and next to the carriage shed, as soon as you stop their. Or in more technical terms, as soon as you are within 390 m of signal  KO_Tm504 and come to a complete stop.

I actually did not 'time' most of the AI trains. A lot of them follow the current multiplayer schedule and the first 3 will always run on that time (although the glorified tram departs with a minute delay). Only from the cargo train that depart from SPl the actions of the player are influencing the AI trains.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly. That's the one. I'll try again and see if I can get the same issue to appear again. Maybe it was due to me being late there, since I missed one cabin switch and only realized my mistake after leaving Sosnowiec Południowy in the wrong direction 😉

Tried it, works, enjoyed it!
Actually had to refresh my cold and dark startup routine of the EN57 since I usually only do MP, so was a usefull session 🙂 

9 godzin temu, jeroezie napisał(a):

The time you show up should not matter at all, please let me know how it goes.

Well unfortunately got stuck again at the same signal. Got there almost on time (~01:28) and was waiting for the signal to switch. I even changed cabins, moved a bit backwards and approached again - no dice:
image.thumb.png.ba9610122ed0fff52e9ab6d742077bbc.png

Could the fact that I don't have the DLC change anything?

Edited by LeHack

Ok, so there is certainly something funny happening on my setup. I loaded up the scenario once again (I haven't touched it!) and it had some problem while reading the station codes, resulting in three stops at Sosnowiec Główny, go figure 😉
Oh and of course the signal was still broken..image.thumb.png.272418603f1aedd8214b533386c84d1b.png

and when I interrupted the scenario I also got:
image.thumb.png.e5d4758c5d4ce79edff1af430f67a102.png

Edited by LeHack

Well I tinkered with the lua script a bit and regardless what I try, I can't get the KZ_Tm10 signal to clear correctly.

I tried a bunch of things:
- calling the first `VDSetRoute` (KZ_N10 -> KZ_Tm10) and waiting for the response before calling the second one (claims it was approved, but no budge)

- calling `VDSetRoute` to clear directly KZ_N10 to the track t9619k (returned with error)

- calling `VDSetRoute` with two "track" parameters: a bit of track shortly before KZ_Tm10 and another one directly after (returned with error)

- calling `VDSetRouteWithVariant` where I added the first switch after the KZ_Tm10 as reference (I also checked that's it is in the right position) - approves but signal stays unchanged

- calling the second `VDSetRoute` when the player reaches the bit of track directly before KZ_Tm10 (I can see the trigger firing correctly, VD claiming they accepted the route, but nothing else is happening)

I even tried calling `VDReleaseRoute` first, but that just hangs the sequence (doesn't even attempt to Set the route)

So either it's a conflict with one of the other bots (but I tried disabling all the trains in the vicinity from spawning to test that out) or it's just a bug in the game itself.

Update: to add insult to injury, when you restart the scenario everything works. The issue with setting KZ_Tm10 only appears on the first load. Thus my guess is that it's some problem with the initial state after VD is loaded, restarting most likely resets the signals to some proper state.

Edited by LeHack

I'm still standing in front of Katowitze station and can't get any power.
Everything is on like battery, lights and it works, the train even rolls backwards when I release the brakes.
The small shunting signal is also on.
I no longer know where the problem is.

Joerg

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2024 at 12:01 PM, Fritschie said:

Everything is on like battery, lights and it works, the train even rolls backwards when I release the brakes.

Joerg

At what track where you standing? At the track where the train spawns at the start or at the platform?

Edited by jeroezie

10 godzin temu, Fritschie napisał(a):

Joerg

Maybe it's dumb, but it happened to me once, so here goes: did you set the movement direction?

Bin 7.8.2024 um 22:39 Uhr Schrieb LeHack:

Vielleicht ist es dumm, aber es ist mir einmal passiert, also hier: Hast du die Bewegungsrichtung festgelegt?

Yes, forward is engaged, it also rolls forward, it just can't switch on any power although power is present, I can see this in the display on the console