Katowice-Warsav scenario in 7 parts

RWag64

Several users were disappointed by not being able to save a Single User scenario.

To remedy this, I divided the scenario "01_Scenario_IR_Kato_Koz_Wwa_et22" (4 hours 10 minutes) provided with the update into 7 parts (30 to 50 minutes each).

These 7 parts are:

- Katowice -> Sławków in 45 mins
- Sławków -> Wolbrom in 30 mins
- Wolbrom -> Kozłów in 30 mins
- Kozłów -> Włoszczowa Północ in 30 mins
- Włoszczowa Północ -> Opoczno Południe in 35 mins
- Opoczno Południe -> Szeligi in 40 mins
- Szeligi -> Warsaw in 50 minutes

These scenarios are provided for locomotives EP07 and EP08.

For the weather, scenario EP08 is in summer, scenario EP07 is in snowy winter.

Numerous static and rolling AI trains enhance these scenarios.

You can choose one of the 2 scenarios (or both) and put it (or them) in "...\Steam\steamapps\common\SimRail\SimRail_Data\StreamingAssets\Sceneries\1_KatowiceWarszawa\Scenarios"

Warning : There is a little mistake in the part 5, for EP08. See four posts below for the solution.

Katowice-Warsav scenario in 7 parts.zip

Edited by RWag64
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • I agree 1

image.thumb.png.afa4f062c2025a8db8124a1923de2c9a.png

Putting these scenarios in my game makes all the maps & scenarios dissapear from the game. I put them in the sceneries folder like i would any other scenario & removing them makes the maps show again.

Posted (edited)

I've seen the problem. Cut and paste problem between 28 different (but nearly identical) files.

It's easy to correct it.

Edit the file "ScenarioManifest.xml" in the folder "2208_5_Scenario_IR_Kato_Koz_Wwa_ep08_en".

Near the bottom, there is a line :

<CustomTranslationEntry LanguageTag="en">330km, 320t, 141m\n\nInterregio train from Katowice to Warsav Zachodnia via Kozłów\n\nPart 5 : Włoszczowa Północ -> Opoczno Południe  - 35 mn<</CustomTranslationEntry>

At the end of that line, there is a double "<". Just delete one of the two symbols "<", save the file and that's it.

I join a corrected zip of the part 5 EP08 scenario.

2208_5_Scenario_IR_Kato_Koz_Wwa_ep08_en.zip

Edited by RWag64
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Yes thank you for the fix, I managed to get the summer scenarios working by swapping scenario 5 in the scenario folder. By the way I am loving the scenarios so far, I have just finished 1 & 2, brilliant Ai and the time of day and weather really makes it look good. 🙂 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I finished the 7 part scenarios and I must say what fun it was. I loved the choice of the dynamic weather and the Ai was spot on. Coming into Warsaw next to a Ai train and the different types of locos and wagons seen along the way was great, especially liked seeing the ET22 and the new wagons at times.

Many thanks 🙂 👍 

Edited by Hamster Cheeks

Enjoyed driving these scenarios. So much better they are in several parts when we currently have no savegame feature to continue.  The AI traffic seen also helps bring it to life.   Will you be doing anymore scenarios? Id love to see a Pendolino scenario with AI traffic.