EN57 - Initial take over from AI

DazT

When you first take over control from the AI the default Power Forward setting is initially different to that of the EN71. In the EN71 it's set to Forward 2, the EN57 is set to Forward 1 for some reason, can it be one or the other for both. It took me a while to work out why the EN57 was "sluggish", yep, it was in Forward 1 the whole time.

Also, and this applies to both. If you happen to take over either of them in a station the brakes will release to 0 and if you're on a hill and don't notice you'll start rolling. I think this is the only train that has this behaviour as all the others generally will hold whatever brake pressure/setting is needed to hold the train.

Server: N/A
Build: 05/12/2023 - 19:15

i got 'caught out' with that a few times,  

Now i set my 3D printed EN57 reverser lever to 1 before i join the train, and sometimes i even remember to move it to 2 before applying power and wondering why i'm struggling to get to 80 🙂 

that thing with the brakes is annoying tho,  and i still forget and only realise when i start getting the '-xx points for moving with the doors open'  

I guess the train has to reset to a set state that works if it's moving or stationary,  hence the brake lever, but i don't get why the reverser moves from 2 to 1 when we press the button to drive the train. 

:

interested to know why it's normal to run in position 1 in the EN57 and 2 in the EN71?  they both seem to have about the same power, so in position 1 are slow to accelerate.

5 hours ago, AtapiCl said:

It's normal, that EN57 by default running on N1 and EN71 on N2. That is how it should work.

If anything it's the brake release upon takeover from AI when stood in stations I want fixing more! The EN57/71 is the only one where the brakes fully release, for no reason whatsoever 

• I agree 1