EN57 / EN71 mirrors

DazT

This is probably already a known issue, but as I can't see it anywhere on this forum I'll report it anyway.

Since the 05/12/2023 - 19:15 build (and possibly the one prior) the external mirror on the drivers side of the cab no longer gives a view along the side of the train (this is also the case on the EP08 and EU07 that have it fitted). Also the reflection is not a true reflection as any text that appears in the mirror is readable, rather than being reflected.

Also on the EN57/71 the offside non-drivers side mirror is at a 90 degree angle meaning that in reality if you were to look at it from the drivers cab in that position, you'd be looking at fields and not down the left hand side of the train.

Driver's side mirror (showing mirror misalignment and also text/station sign being readable rather than reversed/reflected)

image.thumb.png.4d496612fd198d151b588e5b8835ec30.png

Off-side mirror angle incorrectly at 90 degrees rather than a shallower angle.

image.thumb.png.3383b7ebd2eedbd06e2d2c559e4a9f5b.png

Server: N/A
Build: 05/12/2023 - 19:15

• I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team
Thank you for reporting this issue. A similar problem has already been reported by other users.
Dziękujemy za zgłoszenie tego problemu. Podobny problem był już zgłaszany przez innych użytkowników.

i noticed this was fixed and the view was correct, then it went back to the wrong angle again shortly after and has been like that ever since. 

I know there's constant little updates to SimRail that are not listed / announced, perhaps someone fixed the mirror view angles, then the next person that fixed something else didn't have the updated mirror angles settings, so it reverted back when fixing something else? 

I never thought about the mirrors being.. mirrors and flipping the view... i know in the code they are simply extra camera views, hence the FPS drop when using mirrors... but i guess it's a simple thing to flip the image for the mirror cameras.... 
i do wonder if one day it would be possible to send the mirror camera views to other monitors, so we could have external mirrors made from monitors that sit outside the main screen we view the sim on. 

• I agree 2