Departure Confirmation at Dąbrowa Górnicza Wschodnia

I'm trying to understand how to operate the departures on Line 1 to Dabrowa Gornicza Strzemieszyce (DGS) or if there's a possible issue with it.

At the start of my session the line looks like this, and it's happy to let me set the route from Line1 to DGS...

image.png.2ad1b37bc6c95d753d456ee7b4ce4bc8.png

The train makes its departure...

image.png.0a5d9f758f0dbe69cac3752fa45bebeb.png

If I do nothing and the train has departed, I am unable to set the route for future departures.

If I press it after the train has passed the Po1T indication is Red and the Pwl1T is Off and also unable to set the route.

Pressing the departure override - dPo1T doesn't seem to do anything.

But, when I press Po1T as the train is departing as shown below...

image.png.9f3793b17c31cc63a0a7ad88c505d174.png

The occupancy status above Po1T stays Red and Pwl1T goes Off...

image.png.17cb40dfe3c6af06e5c0c6c70b0a09c6.png

Some time after the train has departed the occupancy status above Po1T is set back to White (I'm assuming the station down the line has acknowledged the Arrival and line is cleared) and I can use the route again for the next departure ok.

image.png.a8f3d67a0186b8a423edc5192708e5b8.png

So this is the manual process for handling the track occupancy I'm guessing, but is it supposed to be this unforgiving when you miss setting Po, or is there some way to get out of the stuck situation when you forget to do it?

Cheers,
SMan

PS: I think I just encountered a similar thing on the line to Koziol.  Missed setting Po2k and now can't send any more trains down the line 😐

you need to press PO when the train passed the signal ( switching back to red ) then the other signalbox can do KO after the train is leaving the area otherwise when you press it to soon ( before the train pass the signal ) or you forget to press it the other signalbox cant press KO what mean the block stay occupied and that means you cant set a new way in case of that you need to send the next train via SZ in germany we call that then a ,,blockstörung" 😄

Edited by Fightdrug
  • I agree 1

Everything said by my predecessors, but the special "problem" here is that the length of the Block Section between DGW and DGS is quite short (I'd guess only about 1,5km from DGW Exit- to DGS Entrance Signal, maybe even shorter) so you don't have much time to press the "PO" button, whereas for example at Slawkow Station the block sections between Slawkow and Bukowno is about 4-5 times longer.  Like in real life you should always act in a pattern. Clear the signal, report the train, watch the train as it go by, e.g. for irregularities and the "End of Train Sign" (mandatory in my country when a station is manned) and then block the line with PO. 

• I agree 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb FirstAid:

Everything said by my predecessors, but the special "problem" here is that the length of the Block Section between DGW and DGS is quite short (I'd guess only about 1,5km from DGW Exit- to DGS Entrance Signal, maybe even shorter) so you don't have much time to press the "PO" button, whereas for example at Slawkow Station the block sections between Slawkow and Bukowno is about 4-5 times longer.  Like in real life you should always act in a pattern. Clear the signal, report the train, watch the train as it go by, e.g. for irregularities and the "End of Train Sign" (mandatory in my country when a station is manned) and then block the line with PO. 

normaly i tell the train departet to the bot when the train is 500 m away from the signal and drive to it that give me time to press PO as fast as possible and the bot know a bit sooner about it 🙂

vor 49 Minuten schrieb CaptainSMan:

Thanks guys, makes sense.  Is there a recovery procedure if you do forget/miss pressing the PO in time or is logging off the only option?   What would happen in RL (a lot of radio comms and KURWA'ing I suspect)?

i dont think there is a function even in real life to recover that could be so for security reasons 🤔 only thing that you can do is ask the other dispatcher if track is free for train xxxxxx ( so the next train ) when he say yes you can send the next one via SZ to him after that he should press the KO button when that train have leave the block then all is normal again 🙂 same stuff happen when a train derail on the way between the stations or when a way is set from the signal and the train derail before he pass the signal because the signal jump automatic back then

Edited by Fightdrug
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

7 hours ago, Fightdrug said:

i dont think there is a function even in real life to recover that could be so for security reasons 🤔 only thing that you can do is ask the other dispatcher if track is free for train xxxxxx ( so the next train ) when he say yes you can send the next one via SZ to him after that he should press the KO button when that train have leave the block then all is normal again 🙂 

I just tried this. I let the first train go through without setting Po.

For the next train;

1. Contacted the despatcher down the line (AI) if the line was clear for the next train (xxxxx)
  2. Received the all clear 
  3. set Sz (the route is not highlighted as normal but the train gets moving)
  4. set Po

The train slowly went through and once it arrived on the other side the AI despatcher set the Ko, the indication above Po1T was cleared back to white and all was normal again...brilliant!  Thanks!

Man this sim keeps blowing me away.

Edited by CaptainSMan
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb sf_giants15:

If im not mistaken you should press dPO when sending a train via SZ

normaly you dont need to press anything 😅 have never see a situation that the dPO worked but never try that in that situation 🤔 anyway it work too when you dont press anything 😄

vor 3 Stunden schrieb CaptainSMan:

I just tried this. I let the first train go through without setting Po.

For the next train;

1. Contacted the despatcher down the line (AI) if the line was clear for the next train (xxxxx)
  2. Received the all clear 
  3. set Sz (the route is not highlighted as normal but the train gets moving)
  4. set Po

The train slowly went through and once it arrived on the other side the AI despatcher set the Ko, the indication above Po1T was cleared back to white and all was normal again...brilliant!  Thanks!

Man this sim keeps blowing me away.

ah yes i forgot something when the train is a player then please tell him why he get a SZ because there are people like me that dont drive over a SZ without a reason 🙂 reason for that is simple you can do with that SZ stuff all you want like send trains wrong, send trains in the way to a other, to a sidding track had that all atleast one time when i dont would asked 😉

22 hours ago, Fightdrug said:

ah yes i forgot something when the train is a player then please tell him why he get a SZ because there are people like me that dont drive over a SZ without a reason 🙂 reason for that is simple you can do with that SZ stuff all you want like send trains wrong, send trains in the way to a other, to a sidding track had that all atleast one time when i dont would asked 😉

Yeah, did that last night actually.  I botched something up when I cancelled a route after changing my mind trying to shuffle a Passenger and Freight train, and the Po (red arrow in this case) didn't clear on the opposite side of the line this time.  I couldn't set the route or reset anything again, and a real person was driving the train this time, there's certainly a lot more pressure with a real person driving 🙂   Anyway I notified him that there was a problem with the switching and that I would get him moving with the Sz.   They understood and once the signal came through he was on his way.  Once he cleared the block everything went back to normal.   Very cool.

• I agree 2