No sky visible since 21.11.2023 update

Angelo

Thanks, will do as soon as I get back home from work... on saturday 😅 

Edit: the video card should be visible in the log, at the beginning; I have 40GB of RAM and I will look at what CPU I have, I recall it's an i5; I have Windows 8.1.

Edited by Angelo

As written in the log, I have a RTX 2060 (with DirectX 11, 12GB of VRAM, driver version 30.0.14.7381) - so it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, Simrail used to work perfectly before the update, except for the wipers that didn't clean the raindrops and made driving in the rain impossible, or at least unpleasant.

Ps I also meet all the other requirements.

Edited by Angelo

• SIMRAIL Team
1 hour ago, Angelo said:

As written in the log, I have a RTX 2060 (with DirectX 11, 12GB of VRAM, driver version 30.0.14.7381) - so it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, Simrail used to work perfectly before the update, except for the wipers that didn't clean the raindrops and made driving in the rain impossible, or at least unpleasant.

Ps I also meet all the other requirements.

It's a bit hard to support it, when Nvidia dropped support for Windows 8 in 2021 with their drivers and only updates them with security patches. It's exactly why I have been asking to remove Windows 8 and 8.1, as AMD dropped their support even earlier, but in return at least they supported 7 for a year longer. Either way - due to outdated drivers both are bound to operating systems are now bound to create more issues than Linux and Proton.

1 hour ago, Sui said:

Nvidia dropped support for Windows 8 in 2021

Great... didn't know that, thank you.

At any rate, Steam is goint to drop support for Win 8.1 by the end of this year, so I guess I should move to 10 anyways.

• SIMRAIL Team
3 hours ago, Pardal said:

So I wonder if it's really the GPU's fault. On my daughter's laptop it worked on a test (GTX 1060 GPU), tomorrow I'm getting a GTX 1650. I have the Win 10 64-bit.

It's the shader failing to compile from the looks of it. But it's hard to figure out what exactly cause it. Having information like graphics driver would be very useful and system used would be very useful. None of the testers reported this issue beforehand and I even haven't stumbled upon it on Steam Deck.

I have the same problem. This does indeed seem to be a Win7/8 specific issue due to lack of driver support.

My system:

• Windows 7 Ultimate  (6.1.7601)

• Intel Core i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz

• 8GB memory

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

• Driver Version 30.0.14.7411

• DirectX 11

This should really be fixed as the minimum requirements on steam say that the game officially supports Windows 7/8. If the devs don't intend on supporting older versions of Windows then they should be removed from the minimum requirements page.

SimRail_log_2023-11-23_21-30-42.txt

Edited by tlr08

Hi

I've the same issue. It will show if FSR is turned on. Also if I play in windowed mode and change window size by dragging with my mouse it also happens. It turns back to normal if I reset window size or use DLSS or no upscaling.

My system:

• Windows 11

• AMD 7800X3D

• 32GB memory

• NVIDIA RTX 3080

• Newest NVIDIA drivers

Edited by Hollow
Specs

1 hour ago, Raffael Arkwright said:

If your using AMD FSR, turn it off. In my case it helped.... Seems like it's problem with it.

I had the same problem and I can confirm that disabling AMD FSR helped me too. I also tried switching from DLSS to AMD FSR on my main PC, where the problem does not occur, and after switching the problem appeared.

I just installed Windows 11 and now SimRail works!

Really impressed with the update. The graphics are stunning, the sounds are gorgeous, my beloved EN57 is fun to drive (of course it is!), and Sławków, with the signalbox at ground level on the first platform, makes me feel at home - it used to be a common solution, here where I live.

It required more work than I expected to get this sim update to run, but it's worth it!