Service timetable in locomotives

In each locomotive there is a place to put the timetable of the service. It would not be bad if a timetable could be put up. I mean like the F1 hud schedule on the left side of the simulator. When to stop at which station, etc. completely like the F1 HUD but much more realistic. Or for example on the traxx and the EN96 there is a blank display, which in reality would be the EBULA (I don't know exactly what the Polish call it) display if I'm correct.

20230529233714_1.thumb.jpg.21c087334a4b79b5b67ad758c816115a.jpg20230529233607_1.thumb.jpg.71536ca693ed0830cac0412d5dea8f2c.jpg

Edited by Aero1995
  • I agree 2

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I hope you understand that EBuLa does not simply mean ‘electronic timetable’. EBuLa is a specific electronic timetable system, developed by DB for replacing printed timetables in Germany. Most countries, including Poland, don’t really have an equivalent for it. There may be electronic timetable systems used by specific operators, but as far as I know, none of them are as ubiquitous on their networks as EBuLa is in Germany, and many of them are just glorified PDF readers and don’t have the same convenience features.

That being said, the Traxx in SimRail are actually multi-system stock from Germany (numerical country code 80 in their UIC vehicle number and owner code D-ATLO), so it’s no wonder they have an EBuLa device on board.

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

In any case, though, I support the call for proper working timetables in the locomotives. I’ve been using simrail.express on my phone when driving in multiplayer, but I do think it should be part of the game itself. (And at least one singleplayer mission already has one – namely, the Traxx tutorial Staszic–Sędziszów!)

• I agree 2

from what i've learnt, there's no 'universally accepted' 'EBuLa' equivalent in Polish trains, 

There are a few systems that run on tablets / laptops, and maybe even one of the MFA screens in trains like the traxx,   but it is pretty much an electronically stored copy of the paper timetable. (
.... i could be wrong here... and there is a fully integrated electronic timetable which auto updates your position along the route as you move like the German EBuLa does, but from what i've seen it's pretty much the same info as on the paper timetables, i.e. no gradient warnings, no Esig, Asig, BKsig entries to tell you where important signals are, or when you would be clear of points, and likely no La part, which is temporary speed limits downloaded over the GSM-R radio, mind i don't think the German version ever got the 'La' part fully working either. 

So the simrail.express timetables, if you display them on a tablet / 2nd screen give you an approximation of what to expect.

I know you want in sim / on main screen timetables, and i know that the SimRail devs are working on that project.

So for now an external drivers timetable is the best we have, i.e. the ones from simrail.express.

• Like 1

• SIMRAIL Team

We do plan to add the suggested feature. As with everything else - we need some time for it to be added and to work properly. As @Gazz292 mentioned above, the closest you can get to reality for now is to open the simrail.express timetable on your tablet, or to print and lay it out between your keyboard and the monitor.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/30/2023 at 6:17 PM, Schyrsivochter said:

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I hope you understand that EBuLa does not simply mean ‘electronic timetable’. EBuLa is a specific electronic timetable system, developed by DB for replacing printed timetables in Germany. Most countries, including Poland, don’t really have an equivalent for it. There may be electronic timetable systems used by specific operators, but as far as I know, none of them are as ubiquitous on their networks as EBuLa is in Germany, and many of them are just glorified PDF readers and don’t have the same convenience features.

That being said, the Traxx in SimRail are actually multi-system stock from Germany (numerical country code 80 in their UIC vehicle number and owner code D-ATLO), so it’s no wonder they have an EBuLa device on board.

Yes, I know that EBuLa is not just a simple timetable, I meant it as an example. I didn't know exactly if there was such a system in Poland.😃

On 5/30/2023 at 8:37 PM, GoppelPL said:

We do plan to add the suggested feature. As with everything else - we need some time for it to be added and to work properly. As @Gazz292 mentioned above, the closest you can get to reality for now is to open the simrail.express timetable on your tablet, or to print and lay it out between your keyboard and the monitor.

Thank you, I didn't know there were such plans, that's good to hear.

That's great! Can't wait for this new feature in SR!

By the way, I've seen that some modern Polish EMUs have a system that shows the timetable and the minutes of delay or to wait before departure; will it be in SR too?