This is why I returned your game.

1 Lack of singleplayer options:

- I can't choose the time, consist, weather and location and direction where I am heading (I don't want any multiplayer)

The scenarios I don't really like them because they are built on how they want it, not myself.

2. Lack of routes.

Will never buy until these two will be complete 

Also, game is arcadish, lacking of real train systems, sounds and operations.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • I disagree 1
  • Confused 5
  • Haha 7

Sorry to hear about your experience with the simulator so far. 

Keep in mind though, that the game is heavily favored towards the multiplayer aspect of it, it's a revolutionary feature for many of us, and it's mostly human interaction that keeps us interested in this game, through conversations between drivers or between drivers and dispatchers. It was marketed as a mainly multiplayer game since the playtests, and most of us knew it.

However, that doesn't mean the singleplayer aspect will stay untouched. If you visit the 'Announcements' page of this forum, you can click on the DevLog that was posted on March 9th, and find out that there are some changes and additions planned for singleplayer. It will take some time, but the devs will improve it, as THEY see fit, not you.

If you still aren't interested, I'm sure there are tons of train games out there that provide a good singleplayer experience. Nobody forced you to like this game, each person has their own preferences when it comes to game features. 

I am not responding on behalf of the devs or anyone else, this is just a counter argument on my part, through which I try to explain that the game is inclined towards the multiplayer version.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 3

Let me introduce some funny things:

- Your Steam profile is full of shooting games and that's your main favourite type of the game

- You don't own any simulator of driving buses, trains or trams

But you know that:

Game is arcadish, lacking of real train systems, sounds and operations.

Isn't that a little bit funny? Person, who doesn't evidently doesn't play any simulator know, how the train simulation game should looks like. Are you some paid person from DTG or what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • I agree 7

2 hours ago, PvtParts said:

- I can't choose the time, consist, weather and location and direction where I am heading (I don't want any multiplayer)

The scenarios I don't really like them because they are built on how they want it, not myself.

2. Lack of routes.

Good luck

Hi, 

You can always play on servers where there are no players, wouldn't that feel like single player?

Anyways as @Spong replied above, devs are working on single player aspect such adding AI, save checkpoints and scenarios.

For routes, devs such as searchlight simulations are developing a US route. Recently, simrail devs were also looking for teams to work on routes from France, Czech Republic, Germany and UK so definitely we will get more routes in future.

As for game feeling arcady, I guess it's each to his own as I find it pretty realistic. Also ETCS is in works, shunting is planned and we already can communicate with dispatch through radio which already makes it much more realistic than any other train sims out in the market.

If you can wait for some more time and give devs a chance, I believe you'll have everything you want from sim as of now and more. As for me Simrail is the best train simulator available right now.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TheFloxiCz said:

- You don't own any simulator of driving buses, trains or trams

But you know that:

Game is arcadish, lacking of real train systems, sounds and operations.

This reminds me of a steam review of SimRail i read where someone moaned that "Polish trains are so hard to operate, our trains are so much easier to drive" 

When asked which trains he had driven in real life, as you could guess, the reply was 'none, but the train i drove in 'some cheesy mobile game' needed just 2 buttons pushing to make it move and stop!

Back to this guy in the forum here... :

4 hours ago, PvtParts said:

Erm... a railway is not like taking your car out for a sunday drive around the countryside,  you don't get to choose where you take the train and which route you take, that is all planned weeks / months in advance.
Your job as a train driver is to run your allotted service,  passengers are going to be a little pissed off if they get on your train expecting to be taken to the destination they bought a ticket for and you instead decide to take the train in the opposite direction and not stop at any stations. 

But of course you are just living up to your screen name... is that you are a 'dick' or a 'pussy' ? 

Edited by Gazz292
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 3

14 hours ago, PvtParts said:

2. Lack of routes.

Good luck

I had to laugh to myself when reading this post especially for point number 1, because as a real life train driver in the UK with over 30 years of driving experience, one of the reasons that was stated by the OP 

Quote   "- I can't choose the time, consist, weather and location and direction where I am heading .......

......?.The scenarios I don't really like them because they are built on how they want it, not myself."    Unquote

in my view is very realistic to the job and simulated as true as can be, because this is exactly how the job goes, If we could do this in real life then half of the train services probably would not run because there would be no drivers to drive the trains due to the fact that things are not the way the drivers want it to be.

As stated on the Steam Store page the SimRail is in early access. 

Therefore complete features should not be expected from the start and with an understanding and patience that it may take sometime for more and new things to be implemented, also what we have been given for release should be appreciated.

• I agree 4

US content is planned / confirmed. I am very interested in how this will look in comparison with Run 8.

About 'arcadish' - I play(ed) almost all train sim games on the market and SimRail is very far away of this style of gameplay. BR

• Like 2
  • I agree 4

Am 26.3.2023 um 12:10 schrieb PvtParts:

that make me laugh so hard xD lack of real train systems, lets ignore the fact that SIFA is completely in and the conforming that you see the red signal 😄

Edited by Fightdrug
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 2