Force the frets 644 from Katowice to stop at Sosnowiec and Bedzin

Hi, i send a feedback suite a problem on the french server with the community.

Today, we have a problems. Some freights train from katowice not respect the twice stop at Sosnowiec Glowny and Bedzin from human Regulator and causes somes mores delay on EIP and ROJ trains... I understand the STOP on the twice stations are so maybe long but the players AC and drivers need to respect the rule from scenary and need to be forced stopped in this location fur respect the others service. On french discord and my twitch somes players come to lack respect during my stream or via Discord because i've not let's passing the train instead of of stopping with +35min of advance on the hours at Zawiercie.

So please find a solution for forced the freights trains to stop at Sosnowiec and Bedzin for respect the scenary.

• Haha 5

It is up to the dispatcher to stop a train and regulate priority traffic, NOT the driver.

A driver can't go past a red stop signal, so I don't understand the " Some freight train from Katowice not respect the twice stop at Sosnowiec Glowny and Bedzin from human Regulator and causes some more delay on EIP and ROJ train"?

A freight train driver should expect the best and worst runs. 50 minutes early into the depot, or 50 minutes late, it goes with the job. As a dispatcher, you deal with the signals, not the drivers. 

• I agree 12

The subject of early running freight (and even early running passenger trains) will always be a hot topic of debate (believe me, it is, even at my work also as a signaller in the UK) 

But as stated above if the driver is given the signal to proceed it's not down to the driver to question it. I do however give them the option first and if I've got a margin to run something early and discussed it with the next box, then I will.

You are always going to have mixed ability of signallers on the simulation who just don't think and just fire routes in willy-nilly without thinking of the consequences further down the line, but with experience you get to learn the timetable and know what works and what doesn't work. 

Also, it's what makes SimRail different from the "other games" (Yep, those Dovetail ones) is to have a stuff that's out of the ordinary, but in reality on the real railway is very much the norm, late trains, early trains, stuff breaking etc. If you want everything on time, Tsw is the place to be! 🤣

Edited by DazT
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

13 hours ago, giBBer8 said:

As a dispatcher, you deal with the signals, not the drivers. 

I dunno, I've had to deal with some angry drivers over the years on the real railway. The problem with drivers is they only think of the train they're on and not the other 15 you might be dealing with.

Just like the game, Pendolino drivers are the worst for a moan. 🤣

Edited by DazT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From my understanding the "pt" stop is not a manditory stop. And there is not much traffic so the 644 doenst really need to be overtaken. It doesnt really make sense to stop the 644. I usually tell them that i would give them way except they want to have a little break. I understand both sides but Yesterday there was the same argument on DE1. The driver wanted to go through Bedzin but the dispatcher put him beside because "its mor fun to stop trains" and " if you dont like it you can leave the train" which I think is a little selfish and childish.

• Like 3
  • I agree 2

3 hours ago, sf_giants15 said:

"its more fun to stop trains" and " if you don't like it you can leave the train" which I think is a little selfish and childish.

I'd of been a little more tactful, "I'd prefer it if I ran you to time" or "I prefer to run you in your booked path"

vor 23 Stunden schrieb TTV Bioxyde37:

Hi, i send a feedback suite a problem on the french server with the community.

Today, we have a problems. Some freights train from katowice not respect the twice stop at Sosnowiec Glowny and Bedzin from human Regulator and causes somes mores delay on EIP and ROJ trains... I understand the STOP on the twice stations are so maybe long but the players AC and drivers need to respect the rule from scenary and need to be forced stopped in this location fur respect the others service. On french discord and my twitch somes players come to lack respect during my stream or via Discord because i've not let's passing the train instead of of stopping with +35min of advance on the hours at Zawiercie.

So please find a solution for forced the freights trains to stop at Sosnowiec and Bedzin for respect the scenary.

dont really see the problem why you dont ask the drivers if they wanna make a break, when they wanna make a break then good problem solved and if not you look if something could stuck behind him till zabkowice and if yes then you let him wait a few min let the train pass and send him behind the EIP/ROJ/EC/every other train (EOT)

the problem it's in the real life dispatcher track are not a regulator. the translation is not very appropry for this simulation. The dispatcher tracks turn the junctions and create a road for transit the train. The Regulator work on the timing of trains and decide if a train pass overide another train. In SimRail if a train have a STOP of 30min i think it's needed to respect this timing. The game need a track blokage for forced the players trains and player Dispatcher to pass by the side track for respect the break time, writting in EDR. I'm sorry but on the french server it's alway a problem of players and sometime the game become gets bad and the players start insulting the other player. I repeat, the regulator stay SimRail DEV and we need to respect the EDR road and not more decisions.

If we leave too much freedom to the players unfortunately some will always abuse it and for a simulation game you have to respect your file and therefore the simulation offered by SimRail. I don't see the point of forcing players to have to play breakdown events without their consent or having freight trains pass in front of high-speed trains, just because the driver of the freight train wants to quickly finish his script. A game with community servers must follow server rules and therefore respect the EDR for train stops.

Edited by TTV Bioxyde37
  • Like 1

Unless there is traffic behind a freight, I always ask if the driver wants to hold or continue. IRL if we can send a train, we send it without worrying about the trains being early. The trains being early allows for needed or unexpected delays to the train later and may prevent it from falling behind the scheduled times later and prevent delay reports and other consequences from happening.

I look at the freight "layover" times as the acceptable delay if needed. 
Especially from Bedzin to Katowice, there really is no need to hold a freight already going max authorized speed as the track speed doesn't allow for real high speed anyway for the passengers.

Especially for the lite power moves. People seem to not understand what "LTE" means. Only once have I made it through Glowny without being put in the siding. Lite power has the same authorized speed to Katowice as the passenger service and has way faster acceleration and braking than any of the passenger trains. Yet every time, even with talking to Glowny before leaving Bedzin, people refuse to let lite power pass, put me in the siding, then wait for a passenger train with a 3 min layover to arrive and depart.

Note: The amount of time early box stays green and doesn't turn red if you are "too early" 🙂

Edited by Dolphin Invasion
  • I agree 4

Similarly I've been held numerous times heading south (or West!) at SG when on an S1/S41 heading for Katowice for a late EC or EIP that stops at SG anyway. 

Yesterday I went from 13 late to 28 late where if I'd had just been left to run including doing my two other stops I'd of been at Katowice by the time the EC I was being held for at SG actually arrived. 

Between SG and Katowice there's little point giving EC/EIP priority as the linespeed is only 100, dropping to 90, then 70, then 40.

• I agree 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb DazT:

Similarly I've been held numerous times heading south (or West!) at SG when on an S1/S41 heading for Katowice for a late EC or EIP that stops at SG anyway. 

Yesterday I went from 13 late to 28 late where if I'd had just been left to run including doing my two other stops I'd of been at Katowice by the time the EC I was being held for at SG actually arrived. 

Between SG and Katowice there's little point giving EC/EIP priority as the linespeed is only 100, dropping to 90, then 70, then 40.

yeah some people dont see that prios are just importent on tracks with a vmax of 160 between zabkowice and katowice all trains have the same vmax well expect for frighttrains 😉 the only reason to see to let a EC/LTE or EIP overtake is when he really stay at the same station right now as the S1/S41 because the S lines hold everywere and others drive without a stop to katowice ^^

Edited by Fightdrug

I've also been held in the past on an S-Bahn when I was right time, again at SG heading for Katowice for an EIP that was also right time, and also stopping at SG AND is booked (ie. timetabled) to follow me all the way to Katowice. I was held back because I was told it had "priority", NO, it does not have priority when BOTH of us are on time, or should I say were on time, I ended up being about 5 late where the EIP was then early waiting for a free platform at Katowice, ironically I then undertook it, so a pointless move in the name of "Priority"

The word "priority" seems to be the buzzword for "ignore the timetable", it should only come into effect if one or more trains are late and then, and only then if a late train is being followed by an on time train that would then itself be delayed, and the late train cannot get to a regulating point (a place where it can be dealt with) before the on time train would.

Regulating is an art, I do it at work every day and have for about 15 years, you can't be taught it, you learn it from experience which is why I try and bite my tongue a little because we're all new to this in SimRail, over time people will think "well I did X move 3 months ago, it didn't work, we'll try this way instead", and that's why it's a simulator and not a game, and I've made some shocking regulating moves at work over the years, some you win, some you lose.

Edited by DazT
  • Thanks 2
  • I agree 2

I agree, but............so long as it's not to the detriment of everything else. If you sling a freight out 2 minutes before a passenger train then that's just a <insert rude word> move!

Edited by DazT
  • I agree 1

Regarding stopping freights, the Polish drivers timetables have letters at the bottom right of each station / post entry,  showing the radio channel in use, interlocking type and so on, 
And if there's a 'T' in there, it means that if a freight train is stopped at the signal (i presume any of the signals controled by that post), it may not get going again due to the gradient. 

So there are points along the line where the dispatcher really shouldn't stop a freight unless its an emergency (i don't drive freights so i don't know if there are any of these places in the SimRail universe of lines)

There is also a sign that can be placed on automatic signals.. W22, a black diamond with a white T on it,
That means a freight train can pass that signal at 20 kph if it's red... the usual procedure is to stop, sound the horn / whistle then pass the signal and do no more than 20 km/h until you pass a normal signal / stop before the train ahead. 

But again, it's there for the long heavy freights that should not be stopped due to the gradient of the line.

:

So many people think freights are the lowest of the low regarding movements, and are to be delayed and stopped at will, but not many people think about the time taken for the freight to stop, and then get going again may well be much longer than if they'd just let it run through whilst it's running at it's max speed. 

• Like 3