[EN/PL] Wolne pociągi - Free trains

Zapach Kreozotu

This 'on the fly' timetable maker is amazing isn't it, hats off to Zapach Kreozotu for pulling this off  https://media2.giphy.com/media/l4tV2ZqvrLAHD896o/200.gif

On 3/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, stacode said:

Sad news :( does not work on a kindle for the paper look. But still epic stuff.

Unfortunately E-ink displays of the kindle kind are a little bit fussy with what and how they display things, they are after all designed to display individual book pages and refresh (sometimes only partially) on a page change, so they do not like re-sizing, zooming and scrolling things i found.

That's why i'm trying to make pdf versions of the timetables more suited to displaying on a kindle / kobo e-ink screen.

My idea is to make book timetables that would display as individual pages on a 6 inch kindle / kobo e-ink reader, maximising the relevant information shown on the small screen (so i omit the repeated train data from the right hand side of real timetables and show it only at the beginning of the timetable)

But i also wanted to show all information for the speed limits you will find along your route in my timetables even if it's not prototypical... basically showing the speed limits that would be shown by the 'F2 HUD' in SimRail (for signed limits, not signalled limits) whilst still looking like a real Polish train drivers timetable.

I put the extra speed limits in italics to differentiate them.

Regarding the different speed limit types, from what i've learnt (and i could well have got this wrong)....

The drivers timetable shows you the 'line speed limits' : image.png.92a606f78a785d34dadc7e9248afae4c.png

Then you have permanent speed limits image.png.2b7133b748dad5756560d686e2d3e348.png

And temporary speed limits image.png.b1af62a1f1f0596fc862fdc9031918e8.png

The permanent and temporary speed limits are found by reading extra papers,
The permanent speed limits (W9) are found in the 'Dodatek 2' a ~6 monthly publication covering different regions, listing individual tracks permanent speed limits... they are not very easy to read i found (and it took me ages to track down ones from all 8 regions for the year 2018 on google.... i believe only 2 or 3 regions are relevant to SimRail)

Below is just one page (of 97) from the June to December 2018 Dodatek 2, 'w Sosnowcu Nr 41' that covers part of the SimRail route (i don't have the dec 17 to June 18 one)

i think which speed limit applies to you depends if your a passenger or freight train, if you are joining the line from another one and which particular track you've been routed on, some stations can have can have 20+ different tracks / routes.

image.thumb.png.3c5cdd646a10ed4e101aa16e7274bb1a.png

Then there's those temporary speed limits (Orange W14 signs)
From what i've read, drivers get daily printouts of the temporary speed limits... making 3 things you need to read to get the full picture of all your routes' speed changes. 

And i thought train driving was so easy, just follow the tracks, they will take you where you need to go 😄

Edited by Gazz292

5 godzin temu, Noremboszka napisał(a):

W pociągu 245030/1 w rozkładzie jest Dragon, a w grze EU07

@Noremboszka Nie było wolnego dragona, to dyspozytor puścił EU07, zdarza się 🙂 Są też pociągi rozkładowo z ET22, na których jeździ dragon, np. 421050.

5 godzin temu, Noremboszka napisał(a):

w rozkładzie vmax to 80 a w grze 85

Tak, to już kolega zgłaszał wcześniej. Będzie chwilę musiało poczekać w kolejce, być może nawet do wypuszczenia nowych rozkładów przez ekipę SimRaila.

• 2 weeks later...

PL: W ostatnim czasie postępowały prace nad wersją do PDF, przystosowaną do wydruku lub wyświetlania na czytnikach e-booków. Oto przedsmak, publikacja będzie już wkrótce.

EN: Recently work on the PDF version of the timetables has progressed. This version will be prepared for printing and displaying on e-ink devices. Here is a preview, the release coming soon.

IMG_20230413_184855262_HDR.jpg

14117.pdf

Edited by Zapach Kreozotu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • I agree 3

i've seen some people have been printing your pdf timetables out.... maybe you could make up a 'front page' for the pdf timetables (for my timetable front covers i used some random number generators for the requested on, approved by and printed on dates (dates around 2016 fit in with SimRails time period?) then pull the the schedule number from the timetable, and add the train operator name depending on train type)

Then people can print them out exactly as the real ones would be printed... landscape on A4 paper with 2 timetable pages per sheet, so they look like this

image.thumb.png.f6223d9b8480c8afd5bb627b86e99e1b.png

And they could be displayed nicely on a 10 inch tablet sat in landscape mode too. 

Edited by Gazz292
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Czy planowana jest możliwość automatycznego odświeżania rozkładu, który obraliśmy tak jak w rzeczywistości? Tabela automatycznie przesuwa się z Naszym rozkładem "usuwając" przejechane już stacje? Można by ten tryb podłączyć do mapy SimRail, wtedy program wiedziałby czy przejechaliśmy już daną stację/posterunek, czy też jeszcze nie bo jedziemy z opóźnieniem? 

Taka opcja rozbudowania programu byłaby na prawdę wisienką na torcie.

• I agree 1

PL: Pora na dzienną dawkę kolejowej biurokracji. Dodałem możliwość pobierania rozkazów pisemnych "O" (znanych również jako R307). Na tę chwilę mogą zawierać braki i nieścisłości, ale będę starał się konsekwentnie je uzupełniać. Za zgłoszenia braków lub błędów będę wdzięczny.

EN: Time for a daily dose of railway bureaucracy. The so-called "O" written orders (aka R307) can now be downloaded from Simrail Express. For now, they might be inaccurate, and some restrictions might be missing. I will fix those issues in due course. Reports of inconsistencies are nevertheless welcome!

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 21-02-36.png

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 20-58-53.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

W dniu 9.05.2023 o 21:57, Zapach Kreozotu napisał(a):

PL: Pora na dzienną dawkę kolejowej biurokracji. Dodałem możliwość pobierania rozkazów pisemnych "O" (znanych również jako R307). Na tę chwilę mogą zawierać braki i nieścisłości, ale będę starał się konsekwentnie je uzupełniać. Za zgłoszenia braków lub błędów będę wdzięczny.

EN: Time for a daily dose of railway bureaucracy. The so-called "O" written orders (aka R307) can now be downloaded from Simrail Express. For now, they might be inaccurate, and some restrictions might be missing. I will fix those issues in due course. Reports of inconsistencies are nevertheless welcome!

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 21-02-36.png

Screenshot from 2023-05-09 20-58-53.png

Prośba o zmianę skrótu dyżurnego ruchu 😛
Nie ISDR, a ISEDR. Skrót użyty w rozkazie nie jest już dawno używany 😛

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that yesterday I drove a train without no in-game UI, just following these timetables provided on the simrail.express website. It was a great experience, thank you for your work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...