Universal phrases in the general chat.

Good afternoon!  

I suggest adding prepared phrases to the chat. As in dispatcher mode. This would eliminate the language barrier on the servers. Everyone would understand each other perfectly in their native languages. They would be automatically translated into the language of the game.

(50).png.b16b65777a38507b22449ed19ea94e88.png

An example of communication between a train driver and a dispatcher in a single game.

(51).png.ca1134ac11c2670bcd91b861a4c08a4e.png

Edited by Loongeron
  • Like 1
  • I agree 7

Advice collected from Discord already:

why so slow {train_number}?

{signalbox name}, radio test

"Train xxx, entry to track 1 granted"
"Train xxx, passthrough by track 1 granted"

the list is still going on...

Edited by CN-BX-3N
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

I’m liking this idea. Adding to the list:

• <train> cannot be cleared yet. (→ approaching train can shut off traction/brake gently; braking/stopped train knows dispatcher hasn’t forgotten them)
  • <train>, wait for <other train>.
  • <train> will shortly be cleared. (→ driver can prepare, e.g. release train brake)

And a few phrases for drivers:

• Stopped at platform at <station>. (→ dispatcher can set exit route)
  • Departing from <station>. (→ dispatcher can report departure to the next post)
  • <signal box>, requesting signal to proceed.
  • <signal box>, I’m at <signal name>.
  • <signal box>, where am I being routed?
  • Like 3
  • I agree 1

35 minut temu, Locomotiveman 1994 napisał(a):

But then again, we've got dedicated language servers...

And if a person is from a country for which there is no server? How does he play? You would be comfortable if such a person came to your server, you would find a common language.

• I agree 3

1 hour ago, Locomotiveman 1994 said:

But then again, we've got dedicated language servers...

However, from the beginning, we've encountered(in the CN server): Japanese, a dude from Thailand, some guys from your country, and Spain, and Russia...

Man, though we have dedicated servers, there are many people who like to rush to other servers...

• I agree 1

I honestly have nothing against people entering other servers, but I would strongly recommend that if someone is going somewhere, at least communicate in English and that rule should be a MUST, cause I've heard a lot of complaints about people entering other servers and not understanding anything, I've also complained that in more than 1 occassion I've had more than 1 person from the same country talking to me in their native language and hoping me to actually understand them, even though they were on the Spanish server...

LOL

The main problem here is not to "add" basic sentences to communicate with as there are a lot of explanations that must been taken into account to just create "a few lines" to communicate with... Don't mistake me, the intentions are good but I personally think that it's way too complex, can't imagine when the time for shunt and couple/decouple comes into action, I think it's better to write an official rule saying:

"You can participate in any server as long as the persons there understand English and you are able to understand it too."

Or something of that sort, anyways, even as much as you'd like to participate in any server, one has to know how far he/she can go when entering, I wouldn't dare accept a rule like the one I've described to enter a server where no one actually speaks English.

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 2

I know english is the official language used for air traffic and ships,   but wouldn't a Polish railway do everything in Polish? 

therefore instead of learning english, we should all learn some Polish train related phrases? 🤯

I know there are some countries that speak english (or their version of it) and they won't entertain the idea that the rest of the world speaks different languages, i've seen people complaining that the switch labels in the trains have not been translated into english!! why bother with a Polish railway simulator if you don't want to pretend you are driving a real Polish train through Poland? 
Bugs me when i hear station announcements in a mix of english and Polish... so i swapped over the language file for the station announcements so i hear them all in Polish, as if i was actually in Poland driving one of their trains. 

• Like 1
  • I agree 3

4 hours ago, Gazz292 said:

instead of learning english, we should all learn some Polish train related phrases? 🤯

Yes... But no. 😅 Yes if you entered on Polish servers and no cause you're playing (normally) with people that speaks the same language as you in the dedicated servers... If we had to learn something, that would be the rule book of PKP and its procedures for us to implement them whilst ingame.

I know there are some countries that speak english (or their version of it) and they won't entertain the idea that the rest of the world speaks different languages, i've seen people complaining that the switch labels in the trains have not been translated into english!! why bother with a Polish railway simulator if you don't want to pretend you are driving a real Polish train through Poland?

Well... Considering that the simulator is aiming a global market... But before everything was translated I was searching/asking for the meaning of those instructions. 😅

Bugs me when i hear station announcements in a mix of english and Polish... so i swapped over the language file for the station announcements so i hear them all in Polish, as if i was actually in Poland driving one of their trains. 

I agree! It doesn't feel like it belongs there... In my personal strict opinion, these shouldn't have been translated, or at least is there any chance to use the Polish ones without swapping the game language?

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 1

I like this idea for drivers too. At the moment if you do not want to use a mic, you have to type messages which can be a pain when your trying to drive properly. If there was a click spot on the radio chat to open a preset menu of written dialogue (or even spoken via TTS) it would be good. 

• I agree 1

i'm one of those who hates voice comms (i haven't made a telephone call in over 5 years... if i can't do it by text / eMail etc, i can't do it... yet i used to be into CB radio as a teenager)

Maybe a way to activate the chat window as we do now with a keybind, but then if we press another key it pops up a list of messages, and we just move through them with the arrow keys and press enter twice to send that message.. or click on them with the mouse (then after sending the message, it exits the chat and gives us control back to drive the train, need to send another message, press the chat keybind, or click the chat box with the mouse again) 

• I agree 2