Stopping at stations

In multiplayer, it seems that the requirement for stopping at the end of the platform is much demaning. I was driving those modern trains in single player, and there it was okey to stop atleast 50-100m before the end of the platform. In Multiplayer I was driving the old train with the steering wheel, as a passenger train, and it was really finicy. It either told that I missed the stopping point or the "approaching station" warning was on. The space for the "you can stop now" was really small.

Is the "old" train so long that this is the reason, or is there a some type of bug in the system?

Second issue is the lack of a map (I know that there are community made ones) and that station names cannot be seen from distance. So if the train doesn't stop at every station, it's difficult to know which ones to stop. I don't want to have the "Track info" on since it also then tells about upcoming signals and speed limits. I rather try to master the speed my self.

Edited by ekto

It depends on the station platform. Some of them are very large and give plenty of room while others like zawiercie are right at the signal. The typical passenger train like id numbers 141xx 411xx are quite long. The REG trains (passenger ones where you stop at every station typically) are very small so you can stop most anywhere on a platform. Just takes some getting used to on your approaches and learning the stations.

As for the map issue the simrail.fr (for multiplayer use) is super helpful i flip back and forth on to help learn locations regularly.

• I agree 1

A cheat to see when you should stop at the platform in the EU07 (or any long train)

when you are nearing what you think is the stopping point... and driving slowly, press '6' and it'll switch the camera to the rear carriage view looking backwards, 
You can then see if there's any platform visible next to the train or not,  if the rear of the train is not in the platform yet you still need to move forwards

If you can see platform, it's usually safe to stop (check with the HUD on, the distance to go turns green when you're within the stopping boundaries) 
Press '1' to go back to drivers eye view (press 4 to look back on the train from the drivers side window as you leave the platform... if your view is on the wrong side, press 4 again to switch sides (keeping pressing 4 will cycle through the side views along the length of the train... press 5 to cycle backwards)

i sometimes switch to the rear train camera when driving to check my whole trains past a speed increase sign / points etc, 

I know it's not realistic, as the driver shouldn't be able to see the view from the rear of the train like this... well, not without a lot of running through the carriages that might alarm the passengers (pretend your train has a reversing camera fitted.)
but without the train length info it can be hard to know when your train has fully passed a point, especially with a long freight.... as no 'roadrunner' meep-meep thing working in the traxx yet. 

On 2/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, Gazz292 said:

A cheat to see when you should stop at the platform in the EU07 (or any long train)

when you are nearing what you think is the stopping point... and driving slowly, press '6' and it'll switch the camera to the rear carriage view looking backwards, 
You can then see if there's any platform visible next to the train or not,  if the rear of the train is not in the platform yet you still need to move forwards

If you can see platform, it's usually safe to stop (check with the HUD on, the distance to go turns green when you're within the stopping boundaries) 
Press '1' to go back to drivers eye view (press 4 to look back on the train from the drivers side window as you leave the platform... if your view is on the wrong side, press 4 again to switch sides (keeping pressing 4 will cycle through the side views along the length of the train... press 5 to cycle backwards)

i sometimes switch to the rear train camera when driving to check my whole trains past a speed increase sign / points etc, 

I know it's not realistic, as the driver shouldn't be able to see the view from the rear of the train like this... well, not without a lot of running through the carriages that might alarm the passengers (pretend your train has a reversing camera fitted.)
but without the train length info it can be hard to know when your train has fully passed a point, especially with a long freight.... as no 'roadrunner' meep-meep thing working in the traxx yet. 

Why bother?

When in doubt, just roll until there is about a few meters left of the platform and slam full service brake, staying in the cab the whole time.

Also, you could ask the conductor to watch how far to go for you IRL, so jumping to rear camera would be like that.

• Like 1

I found the speed limit table for all trains. This has those kilometre numbers for all stations. So now I can use that to be sure if I’m supposed to stop in a station. Also some stations don’t have that “station in braking distance” marker so I can look from the km signs if I’m close. 

On 2/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, ekto said:

I found the speed limit table for all trains. This has those kilometre numbers for all stations. So now I can use that to be sure if I’m supposed to stop in a station. Also some stations don’t have that “station in braking distance” marker so I can look from the km signs if I’m close. 

That ‘platform in braking distance’ marker is not for stations, it’s for halts on the open line.

• I agree 1