Hungarian server

Hello Simrail developers!
I have a suggestion for future. There are a lot of players who's playing in Hungary, but some of them can't speak english or sth like this language.
Is there any chance that Hungarian server will be avalible in the future? I think there is enought people who are playing from Hungary.

Kind Regard.

• Like 15
  • I agree 3

• 10 months later...

Any chance of having one again?

I do see a lot of huns and their numbers are increasing since the update. As the original post says, some of us can't speak english nor any other language. Also as polish and hungarian railways are somewhat similar, we could also just use the same phrases as on real railway and well, that would feel awesome and immersive

And the sim is also available in hungarian afterall

• I agree 4

13 minutes ago, Chisato Nishikigi said:

Hello, Simrail Team! Is there any chance that we got hungarian server again? We have more members than ukraine and others people who have server for less people. When the Hungarian server was shutdowned without any reason we were so sad. Thanks for the future reply already.

Good idea. I would like to speak my own language in a moderated server without breaking the rules. EU2 and EU3 is cool and stuff, but we can't really use it becouse of the lack of features, no moderation, the fast restarts, and the large language barrier with other people. Who speaks hungarian outside of hungary? I would really like HU1 back.

• I agree 10

3 hours ago, Chisato Nishikigi said:

Hello, Simrail Team! Is there any chance that we got hungarian server again? We have more members than ukraine and others people who have server for less people. When the Hungarian server was shutdowned without any reason we were so sad. Thanks for the future reply already.

That's a good idea. The Hungarian server (HU1) would be needed for several reasons (ex.: it would be easier to understand each other in terms of communication, and to get to know other people who speak the same language). Ukrainian (UA1) and or Chinese (CN1) servers would have more traffic in terms of player numbers than the average. The Hungarian community has doubled since the update in May this year and is still growing nicely. Dear developers and Uetam, you should think about this! So we waiting for HU1 to be back. 🇭🇺

Edited by SimonSide4
  • I agree 8

On 12/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, Atoka220 said:

Any chance of having one again?

I do see a lot of huns and their numbers are increasing since the update. As the original post says, some of us can't speak english nor any other language. Also as polish and hungarian railways are somewhat similar, we could also just use the same phrases as on real railway and well, that would feel awesome and immersive

And the sim is also available in hungarian afterall

I also support the idea, there was a large influx of Hungarian players recently. After the update, it was not uncommon to see the whole line between Zawiercie and Sosnowiec/Katowice being almost fully staffed with Hungarian dispatchers on EN1, where the use of a different language is understandably frowned upon. The community is starting to have regular events as well, it would be nice to hold them on a dedicated place without the language issues, lack of moderation, etc.

• I agree 8

I support the creation of a Hungarian server, too. As far as I'm concerned, we are a significant and growing community. Our language cannot be compared to any other, and unfortunately many players don't speak English. When we use Hungarian to communicate (with other Hungarians, of course), the others often don't take it kindly.

We would really appreciate if we were given a chance. Then you'll be able to consider if it's worth it. Whatever the case, I thank the Developers in advance for everything you do for us! You're doing a truly stunning job! 😍

• I agree 5

Hungarian server has been tried before and it didn't really take off. As our experience from CZ server points out, just because you have many players from a certain country doesn't mean that its language server will be successful. Many people from CZ/SK, myself included, prefer EN1 over CZ1, because EN1 is much more busy, so it's more fun to play there. As a result, Czech server is mostly empty despite many Czech/Slovak players in the game.

Running a server costs money, so I imagine that until there's a clear indication that reintroducing HU1 would be succesful, devs aren't too likely to do it.

• I disagree 5
  • Haha 2
  • I agree 1

3 hours ago, the810 said:

Hungarian server has been tried before and it didn't really take off. As our experience from CZ server points out, just because you have many players from a certain country doesn't mean that its language server will be successful. Many people from CZ/SK, myself included, prefer EN1 over CZ1, because EN1 is much more busy, so it's more fun to play there. As a result, Czech server is mostly empty despite many Czech/Slovak players in the game.

Running a server costs money, so I imagine that until there's a clear indication that reintroducing HU1 would be succesful, devs aren't too likely to do it.

Okay, so you think that running server is costs money. But the hungarian server is still running today but it's locked. Running empty server costs money too :'( Also I can see that sim devs have also 5 server with daily 2-3 member as hungarian was it...... So this reasons are Invalid. Whats up with Italian or Ukrain server? where is the players????????????????
They don't have budget for Hungarian server? Should i pay for it with my minimal salary??? Get better reasons. bruh

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, the810 said:

As a result, Czech server is mostly empty despite many Czech/Slovak players in the game.

So if the Czech players don't use their server, we can shut it down to spare a bit money for the developers. You said, that it is practically empty, if it is not used, why need to running it?

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 3

19 hours ago, HUN-Droid said:

So if the Czech players don't use their server, we can shut it down to spare a bit money for the developers. You said, that it is practically empty, if it is not used, why need to running it?

Well, there indeed is a fear of it being shut down eventually within the community and some players are encouraging others to not play on EN1 and "support" CZ1 instead. Personally, I don't care, I play wherever it's more fun. I'm not sure how that's relevant here. Yes, if CZ1 traffic dropped to the levels of the former HU1, it would most likely be closed.

The main point of my message is that HU1 has been tried before and it didn't work, so you must expect certain caution from developers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there!

I agree, I think its time to get back our lovely HU1 server... The Hungarian playerbase is increasing (I invited many of my friends to buy and play together), usually we are between 15 and 20 on EN1! There are people who dont speak English or we annoy other players because we are communicating with each other on our mother language. I remember, at the start of the year we had our own server but it was shut down (it is still existing, but its not public?), because it was non-used due lack of players, but now I see that we could populate it quite easily!

• I agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

Reading it that way, it would be worth opening up the idea of private servers to the authors again. Why shouldn't the community pay for their own server ? 

• I agree 2