Why i must play tutorial :(?

The alternative could be to have a manual on how to drive each train, and one on the signalling rules and regulations.

But we all know that the 'type' of person who complains that it's too hard to operate the controls in a simulator won't read a manual,

i know some people have bought SimRail thinking it's the cheaper alternative to tsw, not realising that tsw is a game, and SimRail is a simulator, and get mad that it's harder than they thought to drive a train in a simulator.... some even claim that Polish trains are far too complex, and their countries trains are so much simpler to drive!

• Like 3

Honestly I don't even compare this to TSW because there is no comparison except scenery perhaps.

Run8 is a closer comparison and I have run that for the better part of the last 10+ years.  That had a strong learning curve and also was weak in tutorials at the beginning.  I only drive the one with the wheel because I have a hard time with the more modern engines.  I want to get to learn them a bit better and will work on it over time.  But I would say from that perspecitve including the start up the Polish equiment is more complex.

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1

some train driving games all you do is turn a lever / key switch then move 1 lever and that controls everything, i know some trains look like that's all there is to it, but there is more.

What we have to do in SimRail is only a small part of setting up a real train, in the EU07 you'd be in and out of the 'engine room' setting various valves and switches during set up, plus i'd imagine checking / changing the chart paper in the hassler tacho, and possibly some other things relating to the hassler to set up (or do you just sign on the chart paper and add your driver number, or is it a new paper roll per driver?)

To get to pendulino, traxx and Elf going you'd need a drivers smart card, pin code, be able to enter a valid route number, then perform the system tests, brake tests etc,

For the closest thing to setting up a real loco would be Zusi, there you have some engine room gear you have to set correctly, but even they have left some things out for security reasons...

... people have tried to go joy riding in trains before, and there was/is a problem in Germany with some people activating the steuerwagen / trailer driving cab whilst the train is being driven from the loco end.

12 minutes ago, Luki Buzz said:

One tutorial is over and the other 2 need 1:20.  I hate this. So lame

You only need 1 tutorial to complete to get into the multiplayer. By completing it means you get an achievement (Mission finished) and you have seen the score screen.

• 7 months later...

Hello guys, new user here.

Let me introduce myself a bit. I'm playing railway simulators for approx. 20 years. I was into driving in my early days. Does anyone still remember DOS game Railsim made by Jens Schubert? I played Zusi 2 (the CD came from Germany par-avion one day after my order and yes, I didn't go to school that day), MSTS (that was a good back then), Zusi 3 and Run8. Anyway, mental challenges of dispatching quickly become more interesting than hauling tons for hours. I've spent endless days as remote dispatcher in this series.

Random internet post with some pictures caught my eye few days ago and here I'm now. I had to buy new PC for this game and I can't wait to dispatch.

I managed to setup new rig yesterday evening, downloaded my biggest game so far and fired a cigar with expectations to spend nice calm night in some dead-boring god-forgotten place like Pilichowice. Then came the surprise - I have to do a tutorial before I can dispatch.

OK, no big deal, it's not my first time hauling virtual train, right? I went with the cargo tutorial and it didn't go well. I had to call it a day after few failed attempts.

I might be really bad train driver, but anyway - challenge accepted. Let's hope today is my day.

See you out there!

On 1/14/2023 at 2:05 PM, Kusoba said:

Not completely true, but not wrong either. Some Signal boxes require you to do so, but most of them don't. Sadly these are usually the ones already occupied by other players.

Had the same thoughts as you yesterday, but I was proven wrong.

Ahha, now i understand why there were some stations with a padlock icon and some hours next to them. I thought there's some time lock on some stations sometimes, then i never saw those before

That explains it 😄

Edited by Atoka220
typo

17 hours ago, sf_giants15 said:

I would do the EN96 tutorial first. its only 30 min long, a little easier and introduces you to the game mechanic. 

Thanks for your suggestion. Freight haul with E-186 is easier for me and they promised beauty of industrial landscape in Upper Silesia.