Need To Consider Opening SP Test Earlier

BigVern

Getting nowhere with the multiplayer side of things.

When I've tried to get on a server it drops and just left with what appears to be a loading screen which then has to be exited via Task Manager.

The trains available on servers (even if I can connect) are for 30 or 60 minutes time - I want to get straight in and drive, not hang around.

For those of us with limited time, I really think you need to consider opening the Single Player test as soon as possible. Sorry to moan, but I'd really been looking forward to trying and testing Simrail but this is a very poor introduction to the experience. Guess it's back to TSW3 until 21 December.

Hi Vern,

It’s a bit complicated to begin with but I’m getting the hang of it, just choose a server that is for drivers only then the dispatchers will all be AI.

When you choose a train you teleport into it and at any point can take over from the AI driver, so depending where the train is you might get a long or short run.

Hope you can get into it before the single player test.

Edited by Jasonic

None of us want to sit about staring at a red signal with no hope of moving, but I've certainly had my best runs on the 'drivers only' server, although I've had success elsewhere.

Certainly worth persevering because when it works the experience is awesome, the locos keep you on your toes and the map is absolutely stunning.

• I agree 2

15 minutes ago, Irish Spud said:

I wonder if there's a way to tell an AI train from a Player  train. 

I waited outside as 4 trains passed and none blew their horn for me lol. 

I think pressing TAB gives a list of players, is that what you mean?

7 minutes ago, Jasonic said:

I think pressing TAB gives a list of players, is that what you mean?

I didn't know TAB showed the list. I'm just trying to figure out who is driving, AI or a Player and if so which player. 

I was just asked which train just drove away and I've no idea lol.

All good now, might have been my firewall although SimRail was showing enabled.

Anyhow good experience, it's still a bit rough around the edges but loads of potential. Probably need to start with something easier than the EU07.

Biggest issue with the test I can see really is AI signaller quiting out and everything stood at red signals. The radio button does nothing.

• Like 1

1 minutę temu, BigVern napisał(a):

The servers now seem to be performing much better and I'm having a great time - mods feel free to close or lock this thread.

Just be prepared for traffic jams in Zawiercie. It is a well-known issue, devs are working on it. Just in case 🙂 BR from breblimator

I think it's a valid point though Vern.  I've been reluctant to drive because I enjoy dispatching as you know.  But mainly because I don't want to screw other people or a tight schedule up.  

My only advice I would give myself is the same I mentioned to you and that is try out the west coast servers in the U.S. as they are not as busy as the east coast.  I'm planning to give driving a run tonight myself.

The dispatching is getting a bit repetitve and I think I needed a bit of change this evening.

Thanks

Sean

Just now, hyzwar said:

Just be prepared for traffic jams in Zawiercie. It is a well-known issue, devs are working on it. Just in case 🙂 BR from breblimator

Thanks Breb - was just about to jump in for a drive. Strange isn't it, I thought this would be a 10 minute distraction from TSW but I can't get enough of it - driving and signalman - haven't touched TSW in days now.

• I agree 1

2 minutes ago, SurvivorSean said:

The dispatching is getting a bit repetitve and I think I needed a bit of change this evening.

Yes I'm trying to divide my time but the EU07 is so addictive...

BTW Sean are you and Schnauzahpowahz one and the same or is that a different Sean?

8 minut temu, BigVern napisał(a):

Thanks Breb - was just about to jump in for a drive. Strange isn't it, I thought this would be a 10 minute distraction from TSW but I can't get enough of it - driving and signalman - haven't touched TSW in days now.

Dispatching @ a small station is not so intense so I can enjoy the passing trains as well as playing Canasta with my Love :)

// sorry for being off-top in this going-to-be closed topic 😄

Edited by hyzwar

2 hours ago, BigVern said:

haven't touched TSW in days now.

I gave up on tsw months ago, when they banned me from the forums for pointing out that tsw3 for PC users has no new features we hadn't had for free in tsw2 with a few mods... that and how they lied and claimed they were 'taking a break to work on the core issues' when really they were working on tsw3 as a way to make everyone pay £50 for pretty much the same thing they are already playing.

I feel really bad as someone was writing a program that will allow any joystick to work with that game, making it think a raildriver is connected from my suggestions.....

The reason for this kind of hackery  :   dtg refuse to give us joystick support, they think everyone is happy jabbing at keyboard keys to operate linear train levers, tho i think the truth is more like they'd prefer everyone to play their game on a console.

i even dumped my 3/4 completed 'EuroRailDriver' 3D printed driving controller i was building,
As i just can't bring myself to load up tsw again yet,  

Now i have even less reason to,  SimRail is so addictive and really showing up how much of an arcade game tsw is.

My only thing i would complain about SimRail so far is the shadows on the tracks that are drawn about 100 meters in front of the train as you go along, that's something tsw suffered with all the time tho.

Edited by Gazz292

1 hour ago, BigVern said:

I always thought Simrail was going to be good, but I did not think I would not feel like playing TSW3 after trying Simrail multiplayer.

DTG is going to have a big problem when Simrail releases.

Edited by Inkar
  • I agree 1

TSW 3 is a product for developers and their earnings, there is not much declared there, and they are not going to add it. Therefore, SimRail gives more opportunities at the start and the productive spirit of the developers gives hope for a full-fledged railway universe.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

I started my adventure with simulators in MP with DCS World and F14. Back then, I wasn't interested in what I could do, what I knew, or what didn't work. I played with other enthusiasts, and taxied over the airport, waiting for another rookie to hit the runway. It's probably the natural order of things. Chess, football, dance, meal, life. MP is a must-have in my opinion. Here (SR) by the way, my other dream comes true, because I am a Pole living in ("lower") Silesia and I only regret it a little, there is no Żórawina station in the game, where I was greeted every morning by freight trains on my way to work. This or that developer - passions have to be shared with other people and this game makes it possible. BR o7

Sometime in 2012, I started with Trainz and multiplayer in it, the most free simulator at the moment. True, the game engine is disgusting. This causes numerous problems.
Here I see the potential that remains to be filled in the complete freedom of the game scenario in multiplayer and it will be super.
I am from Belarus, I am familiar with the Polish railway, and most importantly there are many similar things.

Another thing i'm loving in SimRail Vs tsw... how it performs.

I'm using a gaming laptop that was new in March this year (i7-12700H, RTX3070 Ti, 16 gigs of DDR 5 ram etc) and when running tsw it always hogged one core on the CPU at 100%, and made it run at about 98 degrees C,
The graphics card was thus running at a similar temp, yet power to it was about 90 watts, and i had to run the screen at 60Hz or it was overheating.

SimRail... i have every slider on max, every option on ultra or as high as it'll go,
It's spreading it's load out over multiple CPU cores and the CPU's max temp i have seen so far is 70 degrees C.
The graphics card is pulling ~120 watts, and sits at 74 degrees C,  AND i've put the screen to 165Hz {2560 x 1600 native resolution)
i am seeing ~50 FPS when driving.

:

It was back in 2012 when i started with Omsi... i was one of the first people to connect a real dashboard from a NG272 bus to the computer to drive with (i'm crap at coding, so someone helped write the 'Gazz.opl' which allowed the dashboards lights and gauges to operate with the sim (superseded by Komsi that i helped with a little)

i even drove to Germany in december 2012 to collect the driving desk from a German BR 112 train after i'd discovered Railworks, that was going to be my next project for the train driving side.
I'm the same Gazz292 on youtube... but unfortunately i screwed my life up after 2014, and it's just the last 2 years i've been able to get back to playing with simulators.

Edited by Gazz292
add a bit of bio