Explorer/Passenger Mode

18 hours ago, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

AI started departing, so i pressed 1 and i was instantly back in the loco cab. Now that is nuts, player should at least have to be standing next to the loco to gain access. Not the width of 4 tracks away.

Ah yes, just like real life that suddenly you get out of your train and it drives away by the AI. Anyways, if it's your time to go, you shouldn't be jumping all across the scenario but being inside the cab... At least 2 min before departure. 😅

3 hours ago, Kaito Kid said:

Ah yes, just like real life that suddenly you get out of your train and it drives away by the AI. Anyways, if it's your time to go, you shouldn't be jumping all across the scenario but being inside the cab... At least 2 min before departure. 😅

Not so clever are you, i was 7 mins early so had plenty of time to explore. I also knew the service was about to depart at the given time. But wanted to see what would happen. I didn't expect to be able to morph back into the cab, like a ghost 😃

10 hours ago, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

Not so clever are you, i was 7 mins early so had plenty of time to explore. I also knew the service was about to depart at the given time. But wanted to see what would happen. I didn't expect to be able to morph back into the cab, like a ghost 😃

Well... You can teleport to the post whilst being outside so yeah... It's good to have if you're exploring or for example in the future whilst shunting or doing train operations, quick return to your seat, so yeah...

12 hours ago, Kaito Kid said:

Well... You can teleport to the post whilst being outside so yeah... It's good to have if you're exploring or for example in the future whilst shunting or doing train operations, quick return to your seat, so yeah...

I would have to disagree with you on that one buddy. Shift between key 1 and 2 is fine for me. Teleport into the cab from 200 yards away is not. With shunting i would expect to have to leave the loco and re-join it, in a realistic manner. There is not much i like about TSW, but the having to walk to the loco. Open the door and get in, is something SimRail should look at implementing.

• Haha 1

I got a solution for you "DONT HIT THE BUTTON" 🙂

Beam me up Scottie 🙂  Personally I'm against running as it's dangerous, but out of curiousity of exploring and boredom while waiting at times I wish I could fly.  I also wish I could fly further away and just hit a button to come back.

Thanks

Sean

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

But and i might be wrong, as i haven't played for donkeys. In TSW walk mode, you cannot just hit 1 and be transferred to the cab.

Correct. If you are in the "8" view while sat in the driving chair you can fly around to your hearts content. But once you physically leave the cab you must walk back to it, there's no magic morph command to suddenly put you back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigVern said:

Correct. If you are in the "8" view while sat in the driving chair you can fly around to your hearts content. But once you physically leave the cab you must walk back to it, there's no magic morph command to suddenly put you back.

Sorry to burst your bubble…but try pressing Ctrl + 0 after walking outside of the cab.

Now I will admit, that’s less well known and harder to use than just pressing 1 to teleport to the cab (heck, you can’t even use it on consoles, and consoles are big for TSW), so it’s more a debug command than strictly intended feature. Still, there’s a time and a place for being able to teleport, even TSW recognizes that, but nobody should force you to use it. Do whatever you like, tbf.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 7:51 PM, Gazz292 said:

well, the main thing i worry about is the griefers and trolls, who already have enough ways to disrupt things,

being able to travel as a passenger... and pull the emergency stop handles, uncouple the train half way along etc?

When walking along the tracks exploring, do you appear as a ghost and trains pass through you, or do you have collision physics added etc?
And how does it work on the servers, is someone wandering about the tracks taking up a slot for a driver or dispatcher etc

You could make it permission based.

I do agree that it would be beneficial in shunting to have an extra person if you don't have Radio control of the locomotive (which I'm not sure Poland utilize?). If you have to give permissions I don't see the issue, it would make griefing a lot harder, but add a lot towards gameplay.

Edited by -1PARA-AlexKall
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 3:00 PM, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

You are just no fun buddy 🤣🤣.  Mind i left the loco yesterday at a station, went walkies over to the other platform.

AI started departing, so i pressed 1 and i was instantly back in the loco cab. Now that is nuts, player should at least have to be standing next to the loco to gain access. Not the width of 4 tracks away.

You have the choice, you can walk up to the cab and enter the cab, or you can press 1. Choice is good and 1 is very much needed in multiplayer in my opinion.

• I disagree 1