False incidents as in reality

Zargos

Hello would it be possible to add some manageable incidents for the dispatcher.

Let me explain for example

- Areas that turn red when there are no trains.

* Solution The dispatcher would have the possibility of sending people to solve the problem which would last a certain time after the zone would become accessible again. (By a key on the telephone terminal for example)

- Scheduled work schedules and situation according to the position. (On the schedule sheet in red to see it clearly start time end time type of work. if necessary.

*Solution/actions to be taken if the dispatcher should put the protections in place to avoid accidents. Constraint of loss of xp points if the work is not triggered). In general, the work is done at night and more often during the week end.

- A derailed AI train. (In depots this happens, fortunately much less online)

* Triggering of the penalty to put the train back on track, blocking of the track during this time. (not too long either...)

For drivers driving occupies a lot of their attention but in the long run they think they will get tired why not add "small incidents" while driving...

- Reduced motor power due to loss of a traction motor. (consequence of difficulties in increasing speed)

* If the problem gets worse, the driver makes a request to the dispatcher to change trains at a station.

- windshield sale Supplement by a multidude of crushed insect above.

* Reduced visibility.

- Windshield broken by a bird or other object thrown from a bridge...

* Reduced visibility. Request for change of machine to the dispatcher to change trains at the station.

I am aware that these are binding things to see very binding but would add a touch of realism.

It's up to you to see the frequency of these incidents adjustable by an interface (realism) or according to the level of the player.

These are just wishes to provide realism to the game.

I want to thank you for the great job you did keep it up!

Edited by Zargos
too bad to read sorry
  • I agree 1

What the fekinhell is this supposed to be?
have you joined up just to post something you grabbed off a steam whinge post?

'windshield sale Supplement by a multidude of crushed insect above'  WTF???  are you asking for dead flies to build up on the trains windscreen... like already happens in the Sim... and you need to wash them off with the wipers AND washers.

As i keep saying.. this is a PLAYTEST,  it's a small portion of the full simulator to enable us to report bugs,
There's also lot of features turned off for the playtests, so the released simulator will be a lot more than we have seen with the current playtest.

• I agree 1

StellwerkSim, a German MMO signal box ‘simulator’ game, also has random defects that can happen – control panel lights going out, signals falling back to Stop, jammed points, blackouts with sometimes emergency power generators failing, too. Players aren’t expected to deal with these in a completely realistic way, but it does add to the game. And how often they’re generated is a per-player setting, so you can also turn them off. I think a similar thing wouldn’t be out of place or unreasonable for SimRail either.

i think i was mostly complaining about how hard it is to read the text that Zargos has posted here... for me it goes way over to the right off the side of the screen, and it's hell trying to scroll sideways to read a line, then move down a line and move back again.

i believe that random events are turned off in the playtest, but are part of the final release, this sim is based on one use to train real drivers, which has the ability for the instructor to place a person on the line infront of a driver.

Having seen some of the things present in the playtest, i have high hopes that we will see random events like traction motor faults,  maybe low voltage on the overhead wires... depending on how you react could end up tripping out a substation.

We already have a great feature of the insects on the windscreen, where they build up as you go along, and you need to use both wipers and wash water to clean them away... if you dont hold the washer button down long enough, some are left behind in the wipe area!!!

having birds fly infront of the train is something i know that happens to all train drivers, and the thud and flurry of feathers can be a little sickening (i've had a pheasant hit a truck i was driving at 90 kph, it got stuck halfway through a headlight, my boss was more mad at me for not bringing the pheasant back with me for him to eat than the broken headlight that cost £250 to replace)

But a bird coming through the windscreen would be very rare i hope... unless it was a frozen chicken (that's a decades old joke about british rail borrowing a chicken cannon which is usually used to test aircraft windscreens for bird strikes... but every chicken they fired went straight through the trains special laminated windscreens, so they asked for advise, and were told they should 'defrost the chickens before firing them' 🧐

Now a brick thrown from a bridge, could that be getting too realistic... and maybe put ideas into some peoples heads?
I know some rail routes had parts known as ''missile alley'' due to kids throwing things at trains as they went past,
a broken side window on a train used to be a common thing due to stones being thrown at them as they went past... where the whole train has to be taken out of service after any injuries to passengers are dealt with,

I think having random AI variance is a good idea.  In other words when you look at TD3 there are startup delays that mimick human behaviour.  Humans are not as quick as AI and that is something that would be welcome.

Because everything is server based you are at it's mercy regarding settings.  However having the likelihood of AI failures higher vs human might be a way around this.  The dispatching will get better but then we get into the whole thing of what is the criteria to be able to dispatch.  There is some complicated boxes on the way.  I'm not sure where the manual boxes are coming in play as well.

Other than the screenshot we've been shown, I'm looking at places around Lazy where there is plenty of complicated junctions that I can't wait to get my hands on.  But not everyone is going to be able to handle something that complicated without experience.

Thanks

Sean