xyz

Ligator

Ok. It is totally impossible for me to playtest. No tutorial ingame = II had no clue whatsoever what to do. I entered a running train. Somehow i stopped the train. Then i tried to do what was in the written tutorial i found on the forum and get it running. Tested it all. Some levers could not be turned. And while i was struggling the game just went back to auto. So to no avail. https://discord.com/assets/08b9e24092ee146b9e071e89049c1055.svg I might buy it to see if they have implemented some kind of tutorial when it is released, otherwise you just lost a customer.

This was one of the worst playtests I have ever tried.

• I disagree 11
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ligator:

Ok. It is totally impossible for me to playtest. No tutorial ingame = II had no clue whatsoever what to do. I entered a running train. Somehow i stopped the train. Then i tried to do what was in the written tutorial i found on the forum and get it running. Tested it all. Some levers could not be turned. And while i was struggling the game just went back to auto. So to no avail. https://discord.com/assets/08b9e24092ee146b9e071e89049c1055.svg I might buy it to see if they have implemented some kind of tutorial when it is released, otherwise you just lost a customer.

This was one of the worst playtests I have ever tried.

like eme say at the prologue you have tutorials about 2 of the 3 trains that driveable at the playtest ^^

Besides the survey some feedback: 

Most important missing features are manuals for the locos, dispatcher positions.

Although there is stuff in the forums, people apparently are not willing to come here and read. So what you still need are very strong advises with links to the place where to find them or ingame tutorials.

Furthermore it is absolutely neccessary to implement a rating System for dispatchers and a tutorial prior driving online.

Besides that, driving feels awesome and is a lot of fun. You have done a great Job.

The lighting is a bit overbright and it would be nice to have a different cabin Sound when opening the windows but besides that the game is just awesome and meanwhile I have already 100 hours in it 😁

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SurvivorSean said:

This clown has 7 posts about what?

I was wondering that too. he came in, made his point, got the rebuttal and really that should be it.

However it does make me wonder with hindsight if access to the play test should have involved answering some basic questions to assess experience with this type of game, a bit like some virtual airlines in Flight Sim expect you to take a test before agreeing membership.

• I agree 5

I managed to get onto the 2nd wave of playtest slots, and 99% of people were pretty clued up on railways, most of the 'issues' were from people trying to control a signal box without knowing anything and just mashing buttons.

But people communicated and learnt the ropes, wrote tutorials, figured things out and it was going well,

Then more slots were opened up and more people came flooding in, then we started to see the asshats who would do things like take control of a large signal box and shout on the radio 'i've got 4 tracks available, lets have a race' 
or deliberately cause chaos by either routing trains down wrong lines or towards each other.

Then the 'i'll start the sim up, get control of a train then leave it to sit there blocking the tracks up'  people started getting on.

:

And then with the last playtest slots, we got the 'ThIs GaMe iS kRaP, i HaTe iT, aNd iTs YoUr FaUlT tHaT i cAnT FiGuRe ThInGs OuT, yOu lOsT a CuStOmEr'  types,
people who have no interest in railways, have never played a train simulator game before, and likely only clicked to be a playtester because they thought it was a way to get a free game.

They would be the type that if they did buy the finished product, would file for a refund or constantly moan it's not what they were expecting, driving a train should be easier than driving a car, as you don't even need to steer trains etc.

• I agree 2

Yeah just like I've heard TSW is the best train simulator out there.  The only timed I tried it is when they offered V1 for free.  It is off my system now.  In other words I wouldn't put that crap on my system if it was free.

Run 8 lasted about 10 years for me and it never really hit mainstream.  I have a funny feeling this is hitting main stream because it's competing more directly with what TSW does in Europe and destroying it.

Thanks

Sean

• I agree 1

i think SimRail and tsw will have their places

tsw is a game, they even admit the naming is just a play on words... usually about the 'world' bit when people ask them why this train sim WORLD only covers england, Germany and america.

pretty much anyone can drive a train in tsw, tho if thats too hard they can try train simulator (Classic) aka Railworks reinvented, as that has a 'simple mode' where you drag a tonka toy style lever on the HUD, up to go, down to stop, and ignore everything else.

and apparently that's all some people want.

Hell, some people want to stand on a virtual platform and watch virtual trains go by,  so they want a trainspotting game, not my idea of fun, but it obviously is others.

:

You then get hardcore simulators like Zusi, crap graphics, but the actual driving experience is brutal, as it's as real as you get (it's used as real train driver training in some places)
Forget to set one switch correctly in the engine room and you aint going nowhere, and you have to figure it out yourself like a real train driver would, going through your check list of how to start the train up.

:

SimRail i believe is aimed at being an actual simulator too (i think they say it's used by a rail company for training) from what i've seen this may be the holy grail some have been looking for, Zusi with amazing graphics.

Obviousely this is going to make it too hardcore for some people, but there is a market out there of people who will pay a good price for a realistic simulator, as they want more than tsw or zusi can give them.

i just hope they don't dumb it down too much just to chase after a few players who will get bored of it within a few weeks... some people are already moaning on discord about 'driving the same loco over the same track'  and they want more than the 6 or 7 trains that SimRail will release with.

i've been happy driving the EU07 for 95% of my time, as in MP it's always a different journey, even things like 10Kms of dead signals which is a scripted thing, but it's great there is this variety.

• I agree 2

Run8 is also as real as it gets and the graphics aren't too bad (not as good as some of the modern titles) and has raildriver support built in.  I agree and hope they don't dumb it down.  Options are always the optimal solution as it allows both player types to be happy.

Thanks

Sean

• I agree 2