Language station anouncements are made in... and hearing those sounds in the cab

Gazz292

A couple of days ago i heard station announcements for the first time, and i think i have figured out they were there all along?,
but i only hear them in the cab of the EU07 if i have the side window down.

When the window is up and closed, it blocks out the station announcements totally (as well as the water textures, but someone else has posted about that)
Not sure if this applies to the other trains, as i have been almost exclusively driving the EU07.

:

Then there is the language of the announcements, i heard one apologizing for my late train* last night as i rolled into Opoczno Południe station, and then one for 'this train is about to depart, stand back from the platform edge'  and they seem to be only announced in english.

Is this intentional?

I expected to hear the announcements in Polish, as i am driving a train in Poland not england,
Maybe multi language announcements on some of the main stations, but not on the small stations out in the countryside?
:

:

*I was driving train number 41138 (on EN9) and at about 21:50 there was a signal failure from just past Olszamowice, for maybe 10 km to past Pilichowice, so i had to run at 20Kph and stop at each dead signal before proceeding again... at 20Kph, making me over 40 minutes late when i finally got signals back a few Km before Opoczno Południe station.  
man i love this simulator... i know some people would have got bored and rage quit after 3 minutes of doing 20kph, but i stuck it out as if i was driving the train in real life,  there was even an ED250 that overtook me on the left line, those signals were working, but i was stuck on the right line with dead signals, and no way to move me over to the left line, such is life 😊

On 12/21/2022 at 8:58 AM, Gazz292 said:

I expected to hear the announcements in Polish, as i am driving a train in Poland not england

i would like there to maybe be an option to select if you want native announcements for the country you are driving in OR always one specific language incase a UK player for example wants to hear english while driving in Poland. The option to choose would be fantastic. 🙂

ahh yes, have it as an option,

I forget that i'm likely the odd one out who likes learning the 'local' words in the country i am driving in, and i want to have an experience as if i am actually in that country, hearing the local language.

• Like 2

I didn’t even know there were any announcements at all! Though, to be honest, I’d have expected there to be automated ‘next station’ announcements in the EN96/EN76 regional trains first and foremost.

Though I have once been in a train and stopped in … I think it was Sosnowiec Głowny or maybe Zawiercie? where the information displays on the platform actually showed my train with its correct itinerary and even a ‘This train is delayed’ notice! I’ve got to say, that impressed me. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anything like that again afterwards.

I got this screen shot back when i first noticed a working display... this is of course in multiplayer mode:

image.thumb.png.65f8af47b1a2b01871bab59f5601a802.png

But a lot of stations have blank displays, last night i stopped at one station where all the signs were blank, so no 'peron 1' or even the stations name on the metal signs... of course i didn't think to screenshot it to report it as a possible bug, but i will if i notice it again.

For announcements, one station i know they definitely play at is Opoczno Południe station, as i got the:
'The delayed train from 'xxx' is arriving on track 'x' platform 'x', We apologize for the delay.' announcement playing as i pulled in 40+ minutes late due to signal failure
(i had the side window down on the UE07 to hear this... the 'xx' is names and numbers i can't remember now)

• Thanks 1

i was in the EU07 there,  thats what i drive almost exclusively.

much as i love commuter style driving, as in lots and lots of stations to stop at one after the other, i dont really get on well with the type of controller in the ELF, i find it weird to operate with keyboard keys, so i use the mouse scroll wheel to move the lever in the train, but my fingers protest after a while of doing that.

I have a plan to try and replicate the power - brake lever to be a USB plug in controller sometime in the future, but for now drive the trains that only make 2 or 3 stops along it's route.

i do wonder what trains ran before the ELF's arrived, and if any of them still run on todays railway, and if the EU07 ever did commuter train work.

1 godzinę temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

i do wonder what trains ran before the ELF's arrived

EN57 of course 🙂

Linia Tychy – Mysłowice Kosztowy (179) (bazakolejowa.pl)

and if any of them still run on todays railway

Sure. Many of them are still at operational condition but currently mostly heavily modernized 

IMG_20200514_110810.jpg (3000×1688) (mazowieckie.com.pl)

and if the EU07 ever did commuter train work.

Sure

eu07-132-2r.jpg (1920×1080) (podkarpackakolej.net)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArtU4 said:

EN57 of course 🙂

Linia Tychy – Mysłowice Kosztowy (179) (bazakolejowa.pl)

Sure. Many of them are still at operational condition but currently mostly heavily modernized 

IMG_20200514_110810.jpg (3000×1688) (mazowieckie.com.pl)

Sure

eu07-132-2r.jpg (1920×1080) (podkarpackakolej.net)

The refurbished version of the EN57 looks like a washing machine. 😂It reminds me of our 448 nicknamed "lavadoras" or "washing machines".

image.thumb.png.109d9b92d9c55da8aaa672f0a65fd561.png

Now that's a dosto set i would love to drive, probably the same ones the DDR used on their S-bahn lines?

If anyone models a set of those double decker coaches, and a repaint to match for the EU07, i'll be first in line to buy hand over my cash.

Edited by Gazz292

19 godzin temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

Now that's a dosto set i would love to drive, probably the same ones the DDR used on their S-bahn lines?

The same ones - VEB Waggonbau Goerlitz, but there were no steering cars in Poland.

7 godzin temu, SurvivorSean napisał(a):

We better get back on topic before the word counters and forum militia start barking orders at us 🙂

Thanks

Sean

Indeed, you are right Sean 🙂

1 minute ago, ArtU4 said:

The same ones - VEB Waggonbau Goerlitz, but there were no steering cars in Poland.

i did wonder if the EU07 could be remotely controlled by a steuerwagen at the end of the train,   i know they could operate 2 loco's next to each other, 
So i guess it was just a case of run the loco around the coaches and couple up at the other end when they got to the end of the line.

20 minut temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

i did wonder if the EU07 could be remotely controlled by a steuerwagen at the end of the train,   i know they could operate 2 loco's next to each other, 
So i guess it was just a case of run the loco around the coaches and couple up at the other end when they got to the end of the line.

No, they can't. Or I should say, not for any known standard communication protocol between steering car and loco. I can imagine that with a steering car built to work with them it would be possible but that had never been done. So, you need a runaround.

There were times when Koleje Mazowieckie (Mazovia regional operator) used EU07 with Bombardier double-deckers (during the time they were waiting for Traxx locos) but as you can see it was not possible to use them as an engine for push-pull train.

EU07-119 - WRP - World Rail Photo (wrphoto.eu)

Despite that the whole set looked nice

Edited by ArtU4
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 1