Playtest release hour

Alex96x2

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Bescot:

We've had patches 23:00 in the last week.

Yes patches based on bugs we told them about...

For today we were promised the Single PLayer mode, which will surely be the highlight for most players. And then not to give any information to the testers is a bit off... The Polish part of the forum is also full of unanswered questions about this...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheShotte said:

What "golden hour" are you talking about? There is no separate title for the SP test. I'm somewhat certain that the SP option will just get enabled on the main menu and we will have access to both after a patch that will drop most likely later today.

I was referring too Steam release time of 1800 when most things are released or unlocked was just a observation nothing more than that. It will be when it will be i am really enjoying the MP the now.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb bny1992:

Yes patches based on bugs we told them about...

For today we were promised the Single PLayer mode, which will surely be the highlight for most players. And then not to give any information to the testers is a bit off... The Polish part of the forum is also full of unanswered questions about this...

Were we really promised?

There is a roadmap yes but what if things changed and they wont make it? Exactly, nothing will happen. Earth will continue to spin, christmas will come and when it is ready it is ready.

I simply cant understand why people still think the devs owe us something. We are allowed to play multiplayer on a 150+ km track for free and the devs are updating and fixing stuff almost every 2 days, and yet people cant stop demanding stuff.

Man, no offense but get yourself together and chill a bit. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's more the fact there hasn't been an official update, given this was a milestone on the roadmap. Just checked the game and Train Driver is still faded out and no downloads pending on Steam. Quite right it's not the end of the world, but the single player is my primary interest as much as the multiplayer has provided me some amusement. There was a lot of anticipation around this stage of the test which I saw as the main course after the appetizer. Oh well, there's always tomorrow...

• Like 2
  • I agree 3

vor 5 Minuten schrieb PapaCharlie:

There is a roadmap yes but what if things changed and they wont make it?

Well, then at least you let people know. There is a difference between demanding something and asking something, which was clearly stated in the roadmap.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VonShark CZE said:

The developers team, are busy, with multiplayer fixes, so it's understandable, that the release, of the single player version, of playtest, has been delayed. Let's be patient, we will surely see.

Exactly... January 13 in a little while. We can also tweak singles after release. Nowadays, every other game does it.

Edited by lDestinyl

1 minute ago, lDestinyl said:

Exactly... January 13 in a little while.

I do not mind. I'll wait. Let what is in progress be completed rather than move on from the unfinished to the next. This will only cause confusion. I've made such mistakes myself that I've gone from a work-in-progress model to the next project and then made a mess of it.

• Like 1

hey, guess what, an announcement has just been made about possible server outages due to the update... and single player will be working...

i bet some people will be moaning ' they said single player release on the 21st, and it released 49 minutes into the 22nd, thats not good enough'

2 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

hey, guess what, an announcement has just been made about possible server outages due to the update... and single player will be working...

i bet some people will be moaning ' they said single player release on the 21st, and it released 49 minutes into the 22nd, thats not good enough'

I can't understand that. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. Since I'm making models for RailWorks myself, I won't be able to make it until Christmas either. I wanted to have some passenger cars ready for Christmas and release them to the public. Unfortunately, they won't. Later.

exactly,
Just look at tsw, they release on the day they said it would no matter what,  and what happens every time, within hours of release people are reporting loads and loads of bugs and leaving bad reviews.

back to SimRail... I noticed that a couple of bug reports that i had posted in the bug report part of the forum were not approved for a good 20 hours, i.e. all day on the 21st.
To me that means the dev team were working solidly on the sim update stuff, not having time for anything else.

• I agree 1

What a bunch of fickle flakes we have here.  Wow it's 10:20pm in North America is the game going to turn into a pumpkin becasue I'm going to bed and won't get to play single player.  

Also why not check the notes of the update upcoming in announcements and ask about this team paying attention.  The tutorials that otherwise make this test unplayable will be in.  The modifications to the whole thing about kicking people.  Yes some things have bugs, and perhaps need adjustments.  This team is listening.  But if I heard all this whining I would ignore it and focus on the product to those who are willing to pay.Does every moan and groan need a reply.  Your a guest on a free playtest.  Grow the hell up!

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • I agree 1

Honestly it was pretty civil in here until a few days ago.  Not sure what changed as I tend to speak my mind and get in trouble for it quite a bit.  Constructive criticisim and just people mainly appreciating the hard work they are doing and the privelage of being part of a test.  The updates have been non-stop and I'm not talking about mentioning issues already known or repeated (that thing happens as not everyone reads every post or can remember).  

I've been a supporter of another sim and a team who says it will be ready when it's ready.  Though I don't agree with that approach they are entitle to do that.  This team is telling you what they want to do, listening to feedback, and making changes based on that feedback.

People complain they can't get a run through yet first try tonight on EN02 and I'm running for an hour no problem in MP.  They're here to test single player not make deadlines based on a plan.

Anways I'm headed to bed in a few minutes.  I'm glad there are some people here who haven't lost their mind.

Thanks

Sean

• Thanks 4
  • I agree 2

To also give my honest opinion on this thread....

I think it's an absolute shame to kind of demand the release of the singleplayer.

As my predecessors already stated, yes we have a Roadmap but this doesn't mean there's always everything running smoothly... especially at a release of a new version of a product, there are many things that could go wrong!
I'm speaking from experience myself.

I really trust the devs of SimRail and I'm also not a little bit sad about the delayed release, because you could really feel that the devs are currently giving everything to give us a decent update...
I mean the forum activity of the devs speaks for itself, normally they're very active and If they don't..... that's either a sign that they really work hard or they're just taking a break (which is absolutely understandable and fine; @SIMRAIL-Team: Please take the time you need and also take a break here and there ^^).

With this said, I wish you everything good and hope you have a nice time in SimRail!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 1

4 hours ago, Flows said:

I think it's an absolute shame to kind of demand the release of the singleplayer.

I don't think anyone was demanding per se, just wondering what had happened.

Anyhow it's here now - even if only a couple of tutorials - so all is well.

Incidentally you might have to push the update either by starting the game or going into Steam, where it was listed in the D/L queue for 3rd January!

Edited by BigVern
Steam thing.