Laurreth Posted yesterday at 06:09 PM Posted yesterday at 06:09 PM I've been trying to run the "Pruszkowski's Intermodal" scenario for some time. After arriving in Pruszków and trying to shunt, the ECTS screen eventually goes blank to the "EVC not connected!" message and cannot be revived. This seems to be a bit of a total blocker, since it feels very much like ECTS remains active in the background and will stop you if you try continue shunting. Searching the web doesn't bring up much productive other than a few reports that might be somewhat related, although most seem to be related to multiplayer. Is there any way to actually get through that scenario, or run anything involving ECTS successfully? I'd hate wasting more time on something that's just broken.
jeroezie Posted yesterday at 06:39 PM Posted yesterday at 06:39 PM You could turn off the train protection (both SHP and ETCS) by activating etcs isolation mode. You can do this using the swicht on the cabin back wall. Then etcs will only shiw a very simple spedometer and close its emergency vrake valve and it will be unable to do anything else (such as forcing you to stop).
Laurreth Posted yesterday at 06:51 PM Author Posted yesterday at 06:51 PM (edited) I tried that, and ended up in a situation where the game limited me to 20 km/h for apparently the entire return trip (I gave up eventually). The display doesn't go back to showing anything but that status message in the top left, it's like a disabled cabin. Edited yesterday at 06:52 PM by Laurreth
Averrnor Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago After you stop in pruszków, switch etcs to shunting mode (jazda manewrowa). Before deactivating the cab, make sure that shunting mode is off, by clicking same option. After cab change, etcs should load up properly. Works for me, hope will work for you as well.
jeroezie Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 20 hours ago, Laurreth said: I tried that, and ended up in a situation where the game limited me to 20 km/h for apparently the entire return trip (I gave up eventually). The display doesn't go back to showing anything but that status message in the top left, it's like a disabled cabin. You kept etcs in isolation mode? That is should not he able to limit you at anything.
Laurreth Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago (edited) 3 hours ago, Averrnor said: After you stop in pruszków, switch etcs to shunting mode Pressing the "shunting" option does not appear to do anything, from what I've seen I should get a little old-fashioned switcher locomotive symbol though. Are there any preconditions that need to be met before it works? (edit) It seems like I have to hold the "shunting" option pressed for a few seconds and release to actually request it. Will try it in the scenario. Edited 5 hours ago by Laurreth
Laurreth Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago (edited) Right, enabling shunting seems to get me through the process of changing trains. Afterwards, I cannot get back to ETCS surveillance. No matter what I do, I get stopped for "runaway train movement" after entering all train data and trying to go through the signal; I can get going in SHP mode, but there is no block entry so I just get stuck in there, which is "fun" without track signage or any meaningful track maps. The scenario then proceeds to serve an almost impossible emergency stop, and after slipping through the red signal the train gets completely stuck. Also, it's not possible to save because, well, ETCS cannot be saved. Guess I'll put this one back on the pile of shame and check back in a year, maybe it's become more accessible or something. Edited 3 hours ago by Laurreth
Recommended Posts