Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

I am experiencing frequent "Application not responding" events while playing the simulator. It happened 4 times this week. While running the simulator, suddenly it stucks like it is trying to load something, but never recovers and I am forced to close it via windows task manager. For now it seams to have happened mostly in singleplayer mode and near the Lodz area (only once in multiplayer as soon as Skierniewice loaded in dispatcher mode). Recently i bought the Lodz Junction + impus 2 bundle, not sure if it is something related.

Attached multiple log files. I renamed them to incluse singleplayer and multiplayer info. In all singleplayer sessions, I played a Lodz Junction dlc scenario. In all multiplayer sessions, I logged as dispatcher. In the most recent one (16/08 on Kaliska) after the problem I reopened the game, entered Kaliska again and the second time everything worked.

 

SimRail_log_2026-08-15_10-27-59_crash_SP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-15_11-23-50_crash_SP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-15_15-25-17_crash_SP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-15_22-32-59_Skierniewice_crash_MP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-16_11-52-32_crash_SP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-16_17-34-33_kaliska_crash_MP.txt SimRail_log_2026-08-16_21-42-53_kaliska_crash_MP.txt

  • I agree 3
Posted (edited)

It was working fine for me for couple of years, but today I've had two permafreezes as soon as I tried to move after loading twice into Gałkówek dispatch on PL3. Something's changed after 21.08 patch.

Edited by Bulbulator
Posted

Ok so I am not the only one experiencing this kind of events. And I wonder why the bot has not replied to the topic yet. Others have already the ticket issue assigned...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I experience something very similar running on Linux, glad to know this is also a Windows issue.

In my experience this is a totally random situation - most of the times it happens when driving at random points, but sometimes it happens even when you just load the scenario. I lowered graphics settings - LOD bias, disabled mipmap streaming and set textures to 1/2 res, lowered render distance to 1250m, tweaked some other settings but still it eventually falls apart. When it happens Linux closes the game because it hogs my entire 32GB RAM. Logs in game have very interesting bits, especially "[2026-09-04 17:44:07]: Unloading 1347 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1036014." - 1 million objects? And then followed by a bunch of messages or errors from game scripts.

I do think this is related to the game randomly loading way too many copies of the same object. When going from Warszawa Wschodnia to Warszawa Centralna in Łódź-Warszawa DLC I had two cases where I somehow managed to control the game and get some extra symptoms. First time I managed to enter pause menu in 2 FPS just as it happened, navigated to graphics settings and lowered render distance by 200 meters. The game started running smooth again, but after driving for 200 meters the framerate dropped again - presumably the 1 million of objects that were loaded had to be processed and rendered by the game again. Second time I reached Warszawa Centralna and the framerate dropped again, however this time I happened to workaround it by pointing the camera at the floor - must've been a part of the scenery in the Warszawa Centralna station that got loaded in 1 million copies again and frustum culling optimized it out, which let me drive past it. Once I left the station and the tunnels it was fine.

I do want to point out that this does not necessarily happen just in Warszawa. First time it happened to me when arriving in Skierniewice from Łódź on an IC Łódź-Warszawa route. Just today (log attached - SimRail_log_2026-09-04_16-11-07.txt) I tried doing the regional Skierniewice-Warszawa route in Impuls 2 and just as it loaded it lagged and eventually the kernel stopped it. Similar with the other log - SimRail_log_2026-09-04_17-40-43.txt - where just as I started to set up ED250 on Kraków-Warszawa EIP scenario, the framerate tanked and eventually the game got stopped by the system again.

Posted

Does someone know how to "force" this thread in order for the developer to see it? It is still not associated to a issue ticket... Seams to be one of the few bug reporting not been considered... To me this is becoming very annoing because I am often experiencing this issues...

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I saw the new update and was curious to see if anything got fixed in this regard, but the problem is still there. This time the bug happened when trying to load the new Kutno-Łowicz route and singleplayer scenario - attempted to drive the first IC route from Kutno to Łódź and as I entered the EU07 that arrived at the platform, sat on the driver seat and called the dispatcher on the radio, the game hanged and then crashed midway through playing the first voice line ("driver ... is ready"). Attached logs from that happening. Judging by the logs' and the crash timing, the game did not manage to log any information about the crash - last logs are from 18:25:37, then the game lagged and then Steam and the game crash report in my system was noted at 18:27:00. Situation is still the same - game lags for a minute, the system is unresponsive, and the kernel eventually kills the game and Steam (probably because the game is Steam's child process) because their total RAM use is too high. This also does not happen to me in any other game, native or ran via Proton, so I would expect this to be the game's fault.

If anyone from the team is willing to take a look at it I would be happy to try and reproduce it again or run tests. I'd love to drive around polish tracks, but at this point I am even unable to start a scenario, let alone complete it.

SimRail_log_2026-09-30_18-21-15.txt

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy