Level decreased from 7 back to 1

Bescot

Same Issue here....

I have more than 100 hours in Simrail and I am still level 1. 

This morning I finished the Tutorials of the E186 and the EN76 and advanced to level 4. 

After doing the EU7 tutorial I was back at level 1. Guess there needs to be some work done with the leveling system as very often after completing a servive are no points given. 

this is a TEST remember,

i was level 8 at one time, and been level 1 ever since, once the playtests end all your scores will be meaningless i'd imagine.

do i care about points, not one bit... i don't really give 2 hoots about point scoring, i want to drive the trains in a realistic matter, not be constantly worrying that i'm going to lose 1000 points because the dispatcher didn't put my freight train into a siding for 15 minutes as was in my timetable, and instead found me a route that meant i could go straight through.

thats part of what i hate about tsw.... where it's been turned into an arcade style high score game, with those bloody collectables... great, a game of pokemon added to a train game,  Imagine that in SimRail multiplayer, people stopping their train on the mainline to get out and hunt for a toy dinosaur.

• Like 1

i'm guessing that experience will be a feature,
as the train selection screen has a bit for both Difficulty Level and Required Level (all set as zero atm)

I am not really into the dispatching part, but i know that is where it really needs this kind of thing, as some of the signal boxes are hard to work and having someone in one who is out of their depth spoils it for everyone else,
So having to work your way upto the more complex equipment makes sense.

i think it's all the computer based boxes in use right now?, wonder what it'll be like when it's the manual lever type boxes are introduced, with presumably no computer to help figure out why a lever won't move due to you not having pulled the other levers in the right order to get the interlocks to release.

image.png.3bafe537579a2ad1b3c1bdbd0e5c5b26.png

It would be cool if there was an actual AI person in the box you are learning, and they show you how to operate things first, then you have a go but they are there to correct your mistakes,

IF you do well you get more and more trust and left to do things on your own,
If you do bad, you have to sweep the box and polish the brasswork / computers.

nothing is broken,  this is a PLAYTEST, 

You get access to a small part of the simulator for free, and in return you report the bugs you find, including your player log for the run in question so the devs can fix things before the full release of the sim.    

A lot of features are switched off in the playtest,  and one of them is point scoring,  hence why you can drive any train and work in any signal box (that is available to you in  the test)   without needing to meet requirements of experience levels to access the box/train.

When the full simulator is released i would guess everyone will start at level one, zero km driven.

But honestly, if scoring points whilst driving a train is so important, then you'd love train sim world, as they think people want to collect items and get awarded medals for doing things like operating the wipers or reverser handle, or for stopping right at the end of the station with a short train and so on,  thats what games do,  this is a simulator. 

Zitat

You get access to a small part of the simulator for free, and in return you report the bugs you find, including your player log for the run in question so the devs can fix things before the full release of the sim.    

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Zitat

But honestly, if scoring points whilst driving a train is so important, then you'd love train sim world, as they think people want to collect items and get awarded medals for doing things like operating the wipers or reverser handle, or for stopping right at the end of the station with a short train and so on,  thats what games do,  this is a simulator. 

I don't care about points either. I love simulations (I have more then 500 hours in Zusi 3 if you know that), but still it's a bug that should be reported. Especially if this feature gets important for what things you can and can't do in the final version. If this then gets resetted each time, the game experienced would be pretty bad i would imagine.

• I agree 1

yep i know Zusi,  i've been looking for a train driving simulator that is like Zusi for realistic operations, but with modern good graphics,  i think i may have found that in SimRail 🙂
I wasted so much time on train sim world last year, that had the pretty graphics, but unfortunately far too much of the stupid stuff, like collectables, medals, trophies,  and the damn annoying puns.
Like with most of the scenarios where you drive a BR 401, BR 406 etc, they made a stupid pun of the word 'ice' which is the spelling of the word for frozen water in english, 
But anyone who knows a little German knows it's pronounced 'eeh - tsay - ay'  
Sounds like 'ee szet eh' in english.

Re: the points resetting, over the past 2 or so weeks the points have been stuck on 1 for a while, then they built up... i got to level 8, then they went back to 1, built up again and have been stuck on 1 for a few days now.

In the final version the points system would be enabled properly i imagine,  and they will properly accumulate on your steam account,  as there are things like certain trains that require being over a specific level to drive, and hopefully the signal boxes will have something similar, as some of them are very complex and definitely not suitable for beginners to learn in.