Dispatcher Mode, first steps

TrainEngineer

Well, that was a nice first try on the dispatching side of things. Tried an electronic signal box and was able to set and revoke all kinds of routes. But no trains came by. Then I tried a mosiac panel (lazy Lc) and got all moveable trains running through. Note that you must set the switches correctly first, before attempting a route with the signal button at the start. From there, it went smooth and train nicely passed by with proper sounds and illumination of the panel. 

One train was stuck (well, it lit red on the panel for occupied track. Not sure if it was a train)

I received a question from Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice station, whether or not the "train 245021 on track 4 is clear", but was unable to answer. Tried "yes" and "tak"... but the send button didn't do anything. 

A second attempt was even better. I was able to set and release route in the electronic signal box of a four track easy station and guide through two trains. Even was able to go outside, walk around a bit and see the train pass and signal drop to stop. (and no, I didn't try to run under the train yet)

That was  nice experience and easy to do. Well done.

Hard: finding your way in the dark. It's VERY dark outside. Maybe a torch available?

Hello, very excited yesterday. I tried the ctc control in a simple station to learn. My first impression was very good. In fact it is a guaranteed purchase. Yes, I would like the simulator to be translated into Spanish, English. Well, in Polish it has been very difficult for me, despite the translator, to start using the ctc, because the drop-down options in the box when you click on a signal, some are complete words and can be translated, but others appear simplified, for example ZW and that does not have translation.

Another thing to note is that the servers in Spain, for example, which is the one I use, have a very high ping. I also suffered some server outages, I suppose that being in tests and being the first day it is something normal, or it could be due to the high ping. A manual in several languages would be good or a tutorial. Even so, I really liked the simulator. Today we will continue, greetings.

// Styles removed
// @inomushis

Good morning, if is posible to do some changes on the windows upside and left in the screen for de id trains and speed on your cuadrants are too small, for players was more easy aply the train id and the speed in the controller pc, in the segments when the train is in the segment, only when the train is in the station is possible to see the id train, thanks

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Prof_Panda07:

Is it possible to release all the stations for the Dispatcher? Because there are some stations like Dabrowa Gorn. Zabkowice that still has problems with the Ai that wouldn't happen if players could play these 

on the other hand, it would be good if they improve the AI there, because when the game finally comes out, the AI has to work when there is no dispatcher manning the station.

6 hours ago, Prof_Panda07 said:

Is it possible to release all the stations for the Dispatcher? Because there are some stations like Dabrowa Gorn. Zabkowice that still has problems with the Ai that wouldn't happen if players could play these 

It is part of the multiplayer test to identify this kind of problems so they can be fixed.

• I agree 1

13 hours ago, Bravura Lion said:

on the other hand, it would be good if they improve the AI there, because when the game finally comes out, the AI has to work when there is no dispatcher manning the station.

Agreed, this is where the drive only servers come in, right now we might not find other bugs based on the problems the AI are causing at these stations. If these are never meant to be playable it is perhaps another matter in my opinion.

This is my first post and I will post more and also try to learn more and provide more help and content in live streams this week.  I only Anyways still new and learning.  Start with the smaller signal boxes and slowly work your way up.  I also suggest trying servers not as busy that have more AI so you can try things out.  If for some reason you are stuck and others can't help you simply leave the box and the AI should take over properly.

I'll be checking out more of the forum here at noon tomorrow in eastern North America and will go live again tomorrow night for a couple hours on any findings I have.  If you have any questions I'll try and answer them as best I can this week.

Thanks to all of those that have helped me through some tough spots and the dev team for bringing the community together to help bring this great simulator to market.

Sean

Edited by SurvivorSean
  • Like 1

For sure.  I would try some of the simpler boxes and work your way up.  If you have questions I will try to help.  Remember I'm learning some of the advanced ones as well.  

One of the best things I've done at least in North America if you are learning a new box I often go to the west coast server which is 3 hours later than the east.  The reason why this is a good idea is you can go into a box with very little player traffic.  Trains should be moving on time with AI handling most things.  As long as you don't mess it up too bad you can always leave and AI should be able to restore (at least that is what I believe).  If I'm wrong someone can correct me.  The busier servers often have player dispatchers next door as well which adds more steps.

Basically when you have an AI dispatcher next door the only thing you need to worry about communicating to them is when they ask if a route is ok to be lined or cleared.  This is usually in 2 way single track or more than 3 line arrangements with multiple bi-directional tracks.  In those cases you MUST communicate with the other dispatcher that it's OK before they will attempt to request the line (flashing yellow triangle).  From there you can accept the request and then line up the signals in your box accordingly (or hold them unitl they are clear).  The whole point of it is to avoid sending a train down a track you were about to prepare to send the other way which causes a cornfield meet.  These are the types of situations that a player or AI dispatcher CAN NOT RESOLVE. 

When you have a player box next door it's good to give them departure info so they are ready because they can help you the same way.  Otherwise you'll have a train suddenly on your doorstep with little or no warning.

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1
  • I agree 1